Military policing our streets

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Military policing our streets

Post by Queen K »

slootman wrote:You're right..it was the yanks. I could do a whole other rant now...lol

:popcorn: Eagerly looking forward to said rant.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

slootman wrote:You're right..it was the yanks. I could do a whole other rant now...lol

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/1969-s ... as-windows
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Queen K wrote:

:popcorn: Eagerly looking forward to said rant.

Why would anyone one be eager to talk about foreign military forces openly damaging public property and potentially harming citizens. Not only do we have our own Air Force superstars flexing their military muscle for bystanders, we openly invite foreign militaries to come show us how powerful they arer too...but it's not that, it's a "show" and it's "fun". Let's take our kids there so they learn to fear the power of the military, or else they might decimate downtown again. Not to mention potentially unstable people who might start jumping off buildings when they hear an airplane.

Governments collude and sell this as a fun family event when it's really just military superpowers suppressing citizens opinions.

Sarcastic rant over.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

slootman wrote:Why would anyone one be eager to talk about foreign military forces openly damaging public property and potentially harming citizens. Not only do we have our own Air Force superstars flexing their military muscle for bystanders, we openly invite foreign militaries to come show us how powerful they arer too...but it's not that, it's a "show" and it's "fun". Let's take our kids there so they learn to fear the power of the military, or else they might decimate downtown again. Not to mention potentially unstable people who might start jumping off buildings when they hear an airplane.

Governments collude and sell this as a fun family event when it's really just military superpowers suppressing citizens opinions.

Sarcastic rant over.

:135:

- you understand this to be a common problem?
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Jx3 wrote:
slootman wrote:"Ex-air force elite squad

Funny post but I didn't get the "Ex-air force" part??

My bad. Snowbirds are indeed airforce.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

What_the wrote:I ask myself though free rights, the guy was allowed to leave. No mention of under recognisance or mention of charges.

And you are right, I don't know all the facts. All I have to go on is my experience and human nature with the story. As it appears to me a questionable (as in question why) use of expensive police resources.

If anyone has ever worked a "customer service" job they have experienced a erratic person yelling/screaming in a store at some point during the job. I'd say that is almost a daily thing over at the 7/11 on 33 and Rutland Rd.

I also took the city bus to get around when I was a kid and saw this type of stuff every week at various transit stations. Calgary/Winnipeg Greyhound terminal as well. No helicopters were ever used.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Funny post but I didn't get the "Ex-air force" part??[/quote]

My bad. Snowbirds are indeed airforce.[/quote]
I do hope you realize that the Snowbirds are outdated aircraft that are only useful for their aerobatic abilities......right ?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote: I do hope you realize that the Snowbirds are outdated aircraft that are only useful for their aerobatic abilities......right ?

Yes I was referring to the pilots. There's an extensive application process for Air Force personnel to be part of the snowbirds. Not everyone who applies gets in.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:

:popcorn:Eagerly looking forward to said rant.

Oh Lord, don't give us your unbridled rant on the Blue Angels.

AND, I was quite young when that happened and understood the sonic boom and aftermath to be a mistake, not a planned suppression of civilian opinion. Food for thought.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Queen K wrote::popcorn: Eagerly looking forward to said rant.

slootman wrote:Why would anyone one be eager to talk about foreign military forces openly damaging public property and potentially harming citizens. Not only do we have our own Air Force superstars flexing their military muscle for bystanders, we openly invite foreign militaries to come show us how powerful they arer too...but it's not that, it's a "show" and it's "fun". Let's take our kids there so they learn to fear the power of the military, or else they might decimate downtown again. Not to mention potentially unstable people who might start jumping off buildings when they hear an airplane.

Sarcastic rant over.

You had me hook line and sinker until I read the very last line. D'oh! :130:
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

monroe wrote:Its always funny to see the critics pop up pointing fingers at the police for showing up at an altercation that never escalated.

No one ever adds 2&2 and realizes why most situations the police attend never escalate. ... is it just me or could the reason be that its because the police showed up?

Impossible to rewind time so the critics will always be able to validate their point. I wonder what would have been said if the guy stabbed a few people then ran out the back door.

The problem is 2&2= anything other than 4 here because common sense is no longer available to refer to.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

slootman wrote:Not to mention potentially unstable people who might start jumping off buildings when they hear an airplane."

Well, you're not too far off. I remember my father telling me when he heard WWII era aircraft during Abbotsford shows how it made the hair on his neck stand on end. Both allied and axis since he wasn't all that far from the front.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Atomoa wrote:If anyone has ever worked a "customer service" job they have experienced a erratic person yelling/screaming in a store at some point during the job. I'd say that is almost a daily thing over at the 7/11 on 33 and Rutland Rd.

I also took the city bus to get around when I was a kid and saw this type of stuff every week at various transit stations. Calgary/Winnipeg Greyhound terminal as well. No helicopters were ever used.

Which is absolutely why one might doubt that the police would apply the use of a helicopter during something so allegedly routine.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Which is absolutely why one might doubt that the police would apply the use of a helicopter during something so allegedly routine.

There's a rub... What's routine these days ?

Seems that the worlds is going to Hell in a hand basket depending who you'd believe and the excuse usually contains the words "out of an abundance of caution"...

Like ... "Out of an abundance of caution , the area around Ben Lee Park was evacuated by police today due to a report of a suspicious package left by the change rooms" for some kids forgotten backpack ..

But I'm still of the opinion that the chopper was in the sky for a simple reason and it showed up for something to do ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Routine airport pat down.
Routine traffic stop.
Routine stop and search on the street?

We're all okay with "routine" if they net drugs, guns or "other."
But if it's just to keep a populace in check for another purpose?

When is "routine" no longer acceptable?

Return to “Central Okanagan”