Are we getting good value from our MLA

Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Are we getting good value from our MLA

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

For what we pay our MLA I do not feel we get the constituency representation we need or deserve. I feel there is far to much forced party partisanship trumping the concerns of our constituency. They talk a good game to get elected but once they get to Victoria then they turn into trained seals.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/191 ... s-released
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Are we getting good value from our MLA

Post by alfred2 »

who would you like to see elected and what party? :admin:
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

The issue with our MLA is he does not have an original thought in his head. He touts the party line and collects his cheque. Apparently the status quo for mediocrity is sufficient for the constituents in this riding.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

I totally beg to differ! Eric Foster has been deeply involved with our area and have you taken the time to actually look at all he's been involved with?

As soon as money figures come out the wolves in the forest complain about value for the money. Eric Foster works hard and believes in our area. He's been involved in everything from Municipal politics up to Provincial.

Yes I'll support him because he's earned my vote.

Why not try to head down to his office and see all he's done before making online posts? I did.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Chyren wrote:I totally beg to differ! Eric Foster has been deeply involved with our area and have you taken the time to actually look at all he's been involved with?

As soon as money figures come out the wolves in the forest complain about value for the money. Eric Foster works hard and believes in our area. He's been involved in everything from Municipal politics up to Provincial.

Yes I'll support him because he's earned my vote.

Why not try to head down to his office and see all he's done before making online posts? I did.

what has he done .list them since he has become mla
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Our neck of the woods is flush in new schools, a brand new hospital wing, new roads..etc.

If that's what "forced partisanship" gets, sign me up for another round.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

He was involved with the rail trail, the new sports field in coldstream, funding for Lumby flood mitigation, hospital funding, school funding, roads...oh and these:

1) Vernon Airport expansion
2) Cherryville Elementary School funding
3)Senior Care support
4) Lumby Medical Center
5) Trades training in highschools
6) Support for Coldstream farms

Oh yeah he does nothing.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well there you go . now its other persons turn to explain why they feel nothng got done .

when people debate properly its a beautiful thang :130:
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

should probably point out that at least a few of those "accomplishments" were from the 1.3 billion in pre-election promises that were very recently made by the government , and similar funding was spread all over the province , not this riding in particular.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

gordon_as wrote:should probably point out that at least a few of those "accomplishments" were from the 1.3 billion in pre-election promises that were very recently made by the government , and similar funding was spread all over the province , not this riding in particular.

what is your point, other then pushing the ndp doctrone. :smt045
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I feel we are not. I wrote to Christy Clark as I had a concern in the West Kelowna area. She didn't even have the decency to respond.

I feel is someone takes the time to write, at the least acknowledge receipt of the letter. I bet if I wrote today, she would now respond!

Return to “North Okanagan”