Pic file size

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
What_the
Übergod

Pic file size

Post by What_the »

256 kb? I can't take a pic and post. What's with that?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Pic file size

Post by GordonH »

If you want full size pic, you need to use a host i.e photobucket (or one of the other out there, most are free). Then link it via image
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Or resize the image........
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I use paint and resize if necessary.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fotosizer is quick, easy, and free.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Thanks for the advice guys.
I was posting straight pics from my iPhone 4 over four years ago straight to the board. Using an android Samsung I have to resize or use "photo bucket", whatever.

No surprise. While texting my girl it slowed down so bad that I had to delete the entire conservation to speed it back to "normal".
Never once had to do that with my iPhones, in which l kept the texts indefinitely. IPhone user since 2007, until December 21/2016.
Going back to iPhone. Pc type software is garbage as far as I'm concerned.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Android has nothing to do with a PC but I agree that using my tablet to access Castanet is a frustrating experience.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Bsuds wrote:Android has nothing to do with a PC but I agree that using my tablet to access Castanet is a frustrating experience.

Not suggesting the same thing. However the apparent issues are the same when it comes to lag and slowing down.

Point is, 4-5 years ago with iphone never had to resize or edit our use a third party. Using Samsung and android I have to. What_the?
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

Bsuds wrote:Android has nothing to do with a PC but I agree that using my tablet to access Castanet is a frustrating experience.

Actually accessing any website from most types of devices should be rather easy - I have zero problems using my computers, phone, and tablet with most websites I use, including Castanet. Whenever you have time, I would greatly appreciate knowing more about what's specifically frustrating about using Castanet on your tablet. Feel free to email me your thoughts: [email protected]

Thanks!
Troy
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Troy wrote:

Actually accessing any website from most types of devices should be rather easy - I have zero problems using my computers, phone, and tablet with most websites I use, including Castanet. Whenever you have time, I would greatly appreciate knowing more about what's specifically frustrating about using Castanet on your tablet. Feel free to email me your thoughts: [email protected]

Thanks!
Troy

See mobile app thread

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72219&p=2167422#p2167422
Last edited by ferri on Apr 8th, 2017, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link added.
Troy

Post by Troy »

What_the wrote:See mobile app thread

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72219&p=2167422#p2167422

The Castanet Forum uses third-party software, phpBB. Ideally, it would be best if the people at phpBB come out with an app, or some sort of app-developers library we could use.

If/when we do integrate the forums into our app, it's doubtful it will have all the features from the web side of things - at least not to start with.

Troy
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It's too bad that when a photo file is being loaded that it wouldn't automatically resize to what it wants.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:It's too bad that when a photo file is being loaded that it wouldn't automatically resize to what it wants.

Someone mentioned that on other forum sites that does automatically happen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Bsuds wrote:It's too bad that when a photo file is being loaded that it wouldn't automatically resize to what it wants.

That specific feature is something we can look into. Perhaps there's already a phpbb mod out there that does this.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

See, I'm not just a pretty face.

Return to “Feedback and Requests”