Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Steve-O »

Canucks need to stay the course with the twins and miller.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I have had no confidence in the ability of Canucks management to make any intelligent decisions for a long time now.
Seems to get worse every year and it's about time they started or fans should just quit going to games.
They are charging a premium price for a less than adequate product.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Gypsylady
Fledgling

Post by Gypsylady »

as long as the twins are there nothing good will happen.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Gypsylady wrote:as long as the twins are there nothing good will happen.

they were great reg season players, but could not take it to the next level in the playoffs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gypsylady wrote:as long as the twins are there nothing good will happen.

I'd encourage you ask them to retire, because that is only way they will be leaving at this point.
Absolutely no team in league is willing to take a 14 million per year hit on their Cap.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canucks had terrible season so Willie is history now, who will be the next head coach.

Someone with NHL experience or with a coach that has no experience. They have good draft chances it's unfortunate this years draft does not have the talent level as last years did.

impo they should have blown the team up couple years back & went with young talent, as Toronto did.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Canucks should have been loosing for the last two years. Benning for some inexplicable reason kept picking up bandaid solutions like Miller and Erickson. A long term approach a few years back was needed and they let some monumental drafts slip buy without a getting a franchise player. Benning should go, after that let the next GM decide who stays.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Canucks should have been loosing for the last two years. Benning for some inexplicable reason kept picking up bandaid solutions like Miller and Erickson. A long term approach a few years back was needed and they let some monumental drafts slip buy without a getting a franchise player. Benning should go, after that let the next GM decide who stays.

From ownership down the hunger for being cup contenders, just is not there. Has only come out 3 times in franchise history, but for only very brief time.

I agree a shakeup is needed, problem is none of the shakeups in the past have amounted to any change.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

they cannot get rid of the twins , so use them to help the young guys. Bring in more of them and form the team around horvat and players like him. Too long they formed the team around two greedy players, and the hard workers feel that the twins should do the job ,because they are wel paid, but have no passion for the nhl.All the nhl means to the twins is a great deal of money and early trip home with all the loot. :130:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

CfX1nHYWEAAP3-j.jpg
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

:spitcoffee:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

On a happy/sad note the young boy who dropped the puck at the Canucks game tonight is my Daughter and Son in Laws nephew. His prognosis is not good as the Cancer has returned and is affecting his lungs.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:On a happy/sad note the young boy who dropped the puck at the Canucks game tonight is my Daughter and Son in Laws nephew. His prognosis is not good as the Cancer has returned and is affecting his lungs.

Sorry to hear that Bsuds
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Vancouver's goaltending issues could be as easy as Dan Cloutier is as effective as a goalie coach has he was a goalie. Just a possible reason lol
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

So what will Daniel & Henrik decide to do (contacts ends July 1)..... I'm sure the fan base has an idea, would that be please retire.
To free up 14 million in cap space for younger talent

Clock is ticking

Added: maybe if they announce they retirement before Trade Deadline, Vancouver can sign some good talent for next season.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”