The easter bunny and swines

Home of the traffic rant.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: The easter bunny and swines

Post by Fancy »

What_the wrote:I don't think people realize there's some real jerks out there.
Even children know there are jerks out there - in every single profession. That's besides the point and no indication this was the case here. On the contrary.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

No need to impart wisdom. We know who the boot lickers are.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is no indication that happened here.
Kelo_Can613
Fledgling

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

question the RCMP authority to be standing out there interrogating innocent people that haven't committed an offence, and his right to question me and feast on innocent people at 1.30pm that are simply just driving to the dump on Saturday afternoon.

Technically, you committed two offences: Your load wasn't tarped, for which you received a warning, and you didn't change the address on your licence. The police have authority to stop you for Bylaw Offences, too, so it's not like you were arbitrarily stopped.

Also, if you're so inclined, just dispute the ticket. The cop will be the one who will have to prove you don't live at the address on your licence. That might be difficult unless the address on your registration does not match the address on your licence.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

The OP made ONE post !

Never been back since...

Note;

We are all in this together, it is not us against them..

I used to think so, as I've had a fair share of now realized self inflicted grief and confrontation.

Pick your battles.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dirtybiker wrote:The OP made ONE post !

Never been back since...

LOL, he's online right now lurking. Reading all the comments.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Also, if you're so inclined, just dispute the ticket. The cop will be the one who will have to prove

Right. While the accused will have to take a half day off of work and lose money to prove his innocence, the jerk cop will get double time pay knowing full well he abused his authority. Justice?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Fancy wrote:
What_the wrote:I don't think people realize there's some real jerks out there.
Even children know there are jerks out there - in every single profession. That's besides the point and no indication this was the case here. On the contrary.

Actually, fancy, every othrr jerk out there we can deal with. The jerks I'm referring to have a gun and the full weight of the crown behind them. Fight that. Those that do with the full weight of justice Will still lose
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Bsuds wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:The OP made ONE post !

Never been back since...

LOL, he's online right now lurking. Reading all the comments.

Unless the guy was seriously lying, which based on what I read, is not the case, he won't come back because what's typical on this board, is blame based on the fact that one wouldnt say it to his face and that the regulars here are sometimes too cerebral for the non poster
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

This is the bottom line. Until you've been on the wrong end of a leading, lying egotistal self absorbed, arrogant proven so in court, you'll never understand what I'm trying to get across. Until that time all of you are unaware and completely ignorant of what some cops are capable of. Done with this thread
speedybeedy

Post by speedybeedy »

Hi Everyone, I realize that some on here wanted me to respond to some comments,

My first comment is to some of the post is, I am not impartial to the RCMP doing there jobs, I am not out there to see how many laws I can break and get away with.

I am not opposed to RCMP as human beings, I have some friends that are RCMP, mind you their not into handing out traffic tickets, they work cold case files, undercover and ERT, all of with I have allot of respect for.

Moving on, when a police office asked you for any ID and begins to question you, they have to identify themselves, If you are parked in the mall parking lot and some guy in a high vis vest walks up to you and ask you for your ID, you have the right to know to know exactly who he is and why he asking you for your ID. We do not live in a communist society people, we have rights and we need to make sure they are not being taken advantage of.

I don't care who you are in this world, you should treat people with respect, and respect will usually get you respect in return, I was not approached with respect so I was not about to give respect, I do not care that it could have potentially relived me for 220 tickets, If he does it to me, then he's going to do it to everyone else, and I mentioned that to him in so many ways, so hopefully the next person he approached, he may have treated a little nicer,

This RCMP officer, simply walked up to my truck after the bylaw officer, who did identify himself and tell me what his purpose was, he looked exactly like the bylaw officer, and said, ' drivers license" I said and who are you, and why are you asking me for me drivers license, Well of course being that he was RCMP, and this one had little man syndrome and didn't look he'd been in the country very long, thought he was going to exercise his power, so be it, he has not know we have rights as well, even though I lost in the long run.

When your pulled over for speeding you clearly have an emergency vehicle behind you, the officer approaches and usually states, I am pulling you over for speeding, drivers licence and regi please.

And I am totally against the RCMP sitting there cherry picking and handing out fines to people on a easter long weekend that are out doing yard work and dump runs, if they are going to be able to hand us times and pull us over, they have more of reason than to approach and temporarily detain us than the fact we were sitting on the side of the road talking to bylaw, its a cop out, no pun intended.

And Im still trying to rack my brain why its of any importance at all that they have to know our current address and are able to fine us for failing to update our address, we are forced to do this every 5 years when our drivers license expires and its invasion of privacy in my opinion, it does matter where I live, my vehicle is registered and insured and I have a valid drivers license,I cannot receive another drivers license when I renew if my fines aren't paid, so what, are you going to come to my house and arrest me if I don't pay my fines, head shaker.
speedybeedy

Post by speedybeedy »

And yes as one here mentioned it would cost me a whole lot more that 220 to take a day off work to go and fight these tickets and let he judge know this particular RCMP officer was walking around with a chip in shoulder. Didn't properly identify why he was asking me for my information and what I had done wrong. I'm sure I would still loose and the officer would get paid double time for having to show up for a half day and I'd loose double my tickets worth in wages. I'm sure allot of people might get off on some of their tickets but this being the case stops allot of people from making their rights are excersised.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Motor Vehicle Act is what's being followed.
Kelo_Can613
Fledgling

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

Here's how I see it:

If you're irked enough about this whole ordeal to post about it on a Castanet forum you should be willing to dispute your ticket -- unless, of course, you know you were in the wrong and are just angry. I'd be angry if I got a ticket, too, but at some point one needs to decide if he/she is going to dispute the ticket. If my excuse to not dispute a ticket was because I was too financially strapped to miss 4 hours of work, I sure as heck would not just pay the ticket (what is it, $100?). And even if I was guilty, I'd at least attempt for a reduction in fine. You don't even have to attend court to ask for a reduction in fine if you're going to plead guilty.

It's simple. Traffic court is either in the morning or in the afternoon. You only have to wait around if you're disputing the violation and the officer actually shows up and is willing to proceed with the dispute. If you show up you could be out in literally 5 minutes if the officer is not there or if he decides to cancel your ticket.

You have three options: pay the ticket, dispute the ticket or ask for a reduction, or don't pay the ticket and you'll just be deemed guilty. Complaining about the encounter and the ticket on a public forum is not going to do anything.

Side note: if this officer is a prick, your not disputing the ticket only validates him/her further.
speedybeedy

Post by speedybeedy »

I do like the fact you mentioned that if I do not show up in court it validates this officers behavior, and to me that is a good enough reason to make an attempt.
The tickets are 109.00 each and if paid within 30 days you receive a 25.00 reduction.

I'm not sure what really bothers me more. Is it the way I was approached. The officers dimeenor or the fact they were out there fining people for very petty things.

I think I'd feel different about it if I was pulled over for speeding and actually doing something wrong and then was ticketed for no adress change and front plate, but when I'm heading to the dump in a Saturday afternoon minding my own business, doing nothing wrong and I run into a power tripping officer, it really bothers me.

It sure would be nice to be able to play a game of hockey or something with him when everyone is on the same playing field, but they know they can literally bully the public and that bothers me as well.

If it was within a game where everyone is equal I gaurnteee he wouldn't be acting this way, because we're in all in the same uniform.

Unfortunate for me, to dispute 220 in tickets will not happen. I don't have the type of employment that will allow me to leave for a this reason. We monitor very important equipment in a very important environment and it needs to be manned at all times.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”