Gardening 2017: Fruits, Veggies, Flowers

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Gardening 2017: Fruits, Veggies, Flowers

Post by Lady tehMa »

I wish I accomplished so much in my short times at the garden. :/

While I was at work yesterday I asked my kids to continue sod removal. I'd hoped they would have finished, but they left some for me to do. What I think of as finished, and how they view it are two very different things. In all chores, actually.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Back at it today. Breakie, coffee and now? Yard work.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sige wrote:Oh wow! My sorrel is up about 3 inches! I didn't realize it was a perennial when I planted it last year. My bleeding heart is poking out of the ground as well. So excited :biggrin:

Sige, garden up date? :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Omnious dark clouds rolling in. We need rain a few days, not right now. Rain barrels are full to the max.

Did a little clean up today.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

That's not all you did - thank you for dropping off the red currant bush! I'm embarrassed to admit I had forgotten u_u

Things have been really busy lately. Son told me you were by. He leaves for his big trip Friday - that's part of the reason things have been so crazy.

I am eyeing the weekend and thinking about possibilities.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've got several Saskatoon berry bushes potted up right now. They look like twigs right now but will grow quite large. This is a very good variety for Saskatoon berry pies as we found out and can be quite a heavy bearer. I found they don't ripen all at once so you're picking for either a long time or let the birds eat some. Nothing wrong with that either. We deseed ours and make a slurry to jam up or use as syrup.

Up for grabs of course, how many can I exactly have here? Bman? Slootman? Lady t? PBear? One each?

Whatwhat, you seem to have dropped out but rest assured I had strawberrys for you. I just needed your PM to be reactivated.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'll take a Saskatoon - where did you get yours from originally?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I'm good for one!
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Two down. Warning: they are small right now. Production by next year? Or the year after?
I got them originally at Dry Valley Gardens, now closed as I understand it. Unfortunately the name has been lost, but I know they are prairie types, and they like water. So make sure they have a good source. Mine get a liters of rain water.
wf1992

Post by wf1992 »

Potato planting time? Yay or nay?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Yip!
I'm putting mine in tomorrow.

5 varieties. Earlies, mids and lates.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

Queen K wrote:I've got several Saskatoon berry bushes potted up right now. They look like twigs right now but will grow quite large. This is a very good variety for Saskatoon berry pies as we found out and can be quite a heavy bearer. I found they don't ripen all at once so you're picking for either a long time or let the birds eat some. Nothing wrong with that either. We deseed ours and make a slurry to jam up or use as syrup.

Up for grabs of course, how many can I exactly have here? Bman? Slootman? Lady t? PBear? One each?

No thanks Queenie. We have a couple at the back already. The birds sure love them!
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

I will take one!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Only my yellow tulips are blooming right now, wait til the pinks are blooming, then swoop in and pick up the Saskatoon. :130:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Kinda bummed out, all day it was nice but on the cold side. I can handle cold and working outdoors doing stuff, but this spitting rain is getting me down. So I'm sitting here.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”