Nearly half illegal border crossers have criminal records

sobrohusfat
Guru

Re: Nearly half illegal border crossers have criminal record

Post by sobrohusfat »

BeingHuman wrote: Myself, I have no problem with border crossers showing up at our border, why? Because I have every confidence that they will be thoroughly vetted properly by our comprehensive immigration and refugee security and screening systems...

You're ok with them crossing our border through the woods?

"Refugees"?! ....fleeing the U.S. - get real

You're scary
Last edited by sobrohusfat on Apr 20th, 2017, 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

sobrohusfat wrote:You're ok with them crossing our border through the woods?

You're scary

NO, I am OK with them being met at the border by the RCMP, being picked up and processed. I am OK with any of them making it into Canada, past RCMP detection, being reported and picked up for processing. They are refugees, not "terrorists", whether they have criminal records or not! If, they have criminal records, they will likely NOT have their applications for refugee status approved... so what is there to worry about, or fear?
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

BeingHuman wrote:... so what is there to worry about, or fear?

The results of La-la-land dwellers making it into positions of policy making authority.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

BeingHuman wrote:
sobrohusfat wrote:You're ok with them crossing our border through the woods?

You're scary

NO, I am OK with them being met at the border by the RCMP, being picked up and processed. I am OK with any of them making it into Canada, past RCMP detection, being reported and picked up for processing. They are refugees, not "terrorists", whether they have criminal records or not! If, they have criminal records, they will likely NOT have their applications for refugee status approved... so what is there to worry about, or fear?

your way of thinking is treason imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Maybe he should look into the ones that are never being caught as I'm thinking there are probably a lot.

And by the way BeingHuman my comment about the ones crossing the border possibly having some bad plans for us was totally in line with the subject. Why could the ones with criminal records not be planning something? Maybe they believe crime is easier in Canada, sentences softer, or whatever. They are already breaking the law by not coming through a proper border crossing and therefore should all be returned immediately. Not a good start to a legal life in Canada when they start off with no respect for our laws..
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Smurf wrote:Maybe he should look into the ones that are never being caught as I'm thinking there are probably a lot.

And by the way BeingHuman my comment about the ones crossing the border possibly having some bad plans for us was totally in line with the subject. Why could the ones with criminal records not be planning something? Maybe they believe crime is easier in Canada, sentences softer, or whatever. They are already breaking the law by not coming through a proper border crossing and therefore should all be returned immediately. Not a good start to a legal life in Canada when they start off with no respect for our laws..

Your's is pure speculation without a shred of evidence to back it up! Maybe it's the opposite, maybe it's the ones without criminal records that we should be most worried about? But the operative word here is "worry" or "fear"!!! It plays well when used with the subject of foreigners or refugees, doesn't it?
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

BeingHuman wrote:Your's is pure speculation without a shred of evidence to back it up! Maybe it's the opposite, maybe it's the ones without criminal records that we should be most worried about? But the operative word here is "worry" or "fear"!!! It plays well when used with the subject of foreigners or refugees, doesn't it?

Your post got me thinking -- how worried should we be about this?

It's hard to say how worried the feds are -- there has been no noticeable effort to convince people in the states, not to do it. And we have Mounties at popular cross-points, carrying luggage and helping with babies. I understand that anyone caught jumping the border is immediately arrested and processed -- those considered safe are released (and probably put up in motels), until their court dates. Let's hope that those with serious criminal records are detained. But at the very least, their risk is evaluated.

Bear in mind that these border jumpers are coming from the US. If they are from other countries, they would have been carefully vetted by US Immigration when they arrived in the US, so the odds of terrorists being among them are very low (unless of course, they've jumped the Mexico/USA border).

What I worry about is them abusing the system -- essentially jumping to the front of the queue -- bypassing folks who have been trying for years to get here, the legal honest way.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

How about them falling off the radar once they're in Canada and out of custody, free to roam where ever they think is a worthwhile target. Please don't reply that it won't happen just because it hasn't yet, that is so lame.

As for the rest, some of us want to protect our CANADIAN culture and not turn it into a cess pool of human homogeny.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Rider59 wrote:

How about them falling off the radar once they're in Canada and out of custody, free to roam where ever they think is a worthwhile target. Please don't reply that it won't happen just because it hasn't yet, that is so lame.

As for the rest, some of us want to protect our CANADIAN culture and not turn it into a cess pool of human homogeny.

You should be more afraid of moose than terrorists, moose kill far more Canadians every year than terrorists ever have.

As for protecting Canadian culture, define what Canadian Culture is. Is it this? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 4118d9.jpg

Or perhaps it is this? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 701f56.jpg

So tell us, what is CANADIAN culture?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

BeingHuman wrote:So tell us, what is CANADIAN culture?

Canadian culture is what a large segment of Canadians do or enjoy. That's what culture is. You're probably just trolling, and already know this, but just for fun, here some aspects of Canadian culture:

- Hockey/Hockey night in Canada.
- Accepting of LGBT rights.
- Accepting of immigrants and refugees fleeing war.
- Complaining about the weather.
- Comparing ourselves to the Americans.
- The CBC.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Rider59 wrote:

100% correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Asylum seekers paid up to $2K US each to be smuggled into Canada, border agents allege

U.S. border patrol officers claim to have documented multiple instances where they believe Nigerian nationals were smuggled into Canada from North Dakota.

The apparent asylum seekers paid $2,000 US each and filed refugee claims after reaching Canada, according to affidavits obtained by CBC News.

The RCMP and the Canada Border Services Agency announced human smuggling charges against 43-year-old Michelle Omoruyi of Regina on Wednesday.

More here:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.4079178
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

ferri wrote:Asylum seekers paid up to $2K US each to be smuggled into Canada, border agents allege

More here:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.4079178

I wont be surprized if in their defence, these folks claim that Canada's PM encouraged asylum seekers to come to

Canada and they were just helping them along. :up:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Glacier wrote:
BeingHuman wrote:So tell us, what is CANADIAN culture?

Canadian culture is what a large segment of Canadians do or enjoy. That's what culture is. You're probably just trolling, and already know this, but just for fun, here some aspects of Canadian culture:

- Hockey/Hockey night in Canada.
- Accepting of LGBT rights.
- Accepting of immigrants and refugees fleeing war.
- Complaining about the weather.
- Comparing ourselves to the Americans.
- The CBC.

I'll go even more basic.

These are things that have all happened to me in the past 2 years or so, while living in Edmonton (which has a MUCH LARGER immigrant population than the Okanagan).

- Holding the door for someone when they are walking into a building at the same time for you.
- Picking something up for someone, when their hands are full, they drop something and it's obvious they are struggling
- Waving at someone to acknowledge when they let you go first or pull over so you can get by while driving in an alley, parking lot, etc...
- Following even half the required driving laws on the road
- Saying please and thank you for ANY situation
- Not telling a complete female stranger that they look like a *bleep* (this happened to someone I know, in a grocery store) based on their style of clothing

Basically most of the norms, values and manners we were taught if we were born here.

Some people say Canada has no identity or that our identity is multi-culturalism. That may or may not be true... but the ONE thing that has bound us all: Aboriginal, European, Indo, Asian, etc... is that there has always (at least in my lifetime) been a mutual respect, appreciation and understanding that people here are well mannered, polite and GOOD.

I haven't been feeling that recently. Much of the Middle Eastern and African people I've encountered have been lacking in these things. Not all, but many. They don't seem to like our lifestyle. I don't understand why they want to even be here, if we are so offensive to them
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Half of Refugees Coming to Canada Are Criminals

Post by Merry »

OldIslander wrote:Canada needs to do something about illegal border jumpers. I'd lean to arrest and speedy deportation of all them. It simply isn't fair that someone who follows the lawful (and lengthy) process of applying to immigrate to Canada, should have someone jump to the front of the queue, by simply walking across the border.

10/10
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Canada”