Camilla and Charles - O Canada

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Camilla and Charles - O Canada

Post by Barney Google »

Apparently Charles and Camilla are coming to be part of our Nation's celebrations this summer.

I am not amused...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Camilla and Charles - O Canada

Post by GordonH »

Oh goody, more millions for a Royal visit..... hip.... hip hooray.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Camilla is a royal wannabe and Charles is a boob.

If we have to have 'The Royals' here, send Harry...he's way more fun!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Barney Google wrote:Camilla is a royal wannabe and Charles is a boob.

If we have to have 'The Royals' here, send Harry...he's way more fun!

Prince Harry will be here early this Fall for something that I have no problem with at all, that is Invictus Games in Toronto.
This is something I fully support & worth a visit by a Royal.
Last edited by GordonH on Apr 18th, 2017, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I`m not a fan of the whole Royal thing but it`s what we got so we have to protect them, hell we spent about $100k on the Trump brothers doing private business in Vancouver.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

I think they should be welcome. If it wasn't for England we would be part of the USA. Of course, tradition has no part in "modern" Canada.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Deean wrote:I think they should be welcome. ...

In my books, Camilla and Charles are welcome to come here any day...just don't think Canada should be paying for

them while they are here.

I'm looking forward to Harry coming to Canada...he's a 'fun' Royal!
- Unknown
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Deean wrote:I think they should be welcome. If it wasn't for England we would be part of the USA. Of course, tradition has no part in "modern" Canada.

I have absolutely no problem if they visit, just as long as it's on their dime and not the Canadian taxpayers.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

But we know that won't happen. So....
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

"

From what I have read, if a country invites them, then it is up to the host country to pay. The invitation for them to visit and be part of the celebrations came from the Canadian Government.
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

Time to do away with the royals. If the UK want's to keep them, that's fine, but I have absolutely no use for them, none at all.
Bunch of inbred whack jobs.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I (we) are hoping mom will outlast him and we can move on to William and Kate. We prefer them over Charley and his tag along any day, especially if we have to foot the bill.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

I would shave my head with a cheese grater, before making an effort to see either of these two duds.

I do admire several of the younger generation of Royals -- at least three of them have joined the military, and gone in harm's way for Queen and country. And William pilots a medivac rescue helicopter. Very commendable people.

Charles has been a 'silly twit' (like a character from 'Black Adder') his entire life.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn

Return to “Canada”