Info on "firestick"?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Info on "firestick"?

Post by binky11 »

Seems very popular, at least in the USA. A firestick? I think it's just a usb stick that plugs into the back of your tv. Allows you access to many tv shows and movies. Does anybody know anything about these and if they work in Canada? I can't seem to find that out anywhere, just know everyone seems to have one down south of the border, and possibly here too? Would appreciate any info on this device. :))
What_the
Übergod

Re: Info on "firestick"?

Post by What_the »

Haha I thought this was gonna be about fire arms/guns, you know "this is my boom stick" (hats off to Ash and the evil dead)
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Runs kodi and works in Canada. Canadians have them. Might not be the best bang for the bux.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Looked it up on Amazon and $130 + $5 shipping. Overpriced.
I paid less than half that for a KODI box from China.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Hmmmm, my friend in the USA says they are $35.00. Kodi......never heard of it. Where do you get that, what is it, cost? I don't know how these things work. Trying to figure it all out.
So..........if someone buys a firestick for me from the USA, it will work here? Used to be up on all these news electronics, getting old I guess.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

binky11 wrote:Hmmmm, my friend in the USA says they are $35.00. Kodi......never heard of it. Where do you get that, what is it, cost? I don't know how these things work. Trying to figure it all out.
So..........if someone buys a firestick for me from the USA, it will work here?

Yes it will work here and Google Kodi to learn more.

You also need decent internet speeds for it to work properly. If your speeds aren't fast enough you will not be happy with it.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Good to know, thank you. :))
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Kodi is software. I painstakingly downloaded it onto one of my computers so I could watch programming I couldn't get here. It is pretty good and there is a fair amount of content. You can watch movies that are still in theaters if you like. Lots of TV shows.

As mentioned though. you need the speed, unless you like the little buffereing wheel.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Thanks for the info guys...have a little more to go on now. :)).
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

There is also this witch is isimilar but different
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01AZC4NH ... ref=plSrch
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Looking at saying goodbye to Telus TV and was told to go to a Wetek device...any opinions on this? Going to watch our usual shows, listen to music...and watch NFL. Thanks in advance.

Pf :sunshine:
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Info on "firestick

Post by binky11 »

I really like the idea of getting the firestick for $35.00. Just wondering,if one purchased in the USA would work the same, or at all in Canada? They are so much more expensive to buy here.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Info on "firestick

Post by maryjane48 »

binky11 wrote:I really like the idea of getting the firestick for $35.00. Just wondering,if one purchased in the USA would work the same, or at all in Canada? They are so much more expensive to buy here.

i run kodi off my phone no probs then stream it to chrome stick
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Say what? Lol. I guess I don't know enough about what these new fangled electronics are, or how they work. Might have to hire someone to set it up for me. Not moving until Aug 15. But would rather go with something like this than useless cable! I use graboid right now, but being based in the USA, the exchange is a killer every month.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”