Telus pvr nonsense

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Telus pvr nonsense

Post by Bsuds »

Jonrox wrote:I've heard TelusTV sucks... this just confirms it.

I've heard the same about Shaw. So what? Everyone has their preferences and minor complaints about the service. None of them are perfect and I have, at one time or another had all 3. Of them I prefer Telus but that's just me and I have complaints about them as well.

I have been waiting for 3 months for them to install the Fibre from the street to my house and can't get any info from them as to when they will get it done. (They have been out 4 times now)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Just record the show before hand then...

It's basically watching it "on demand" for free. Yes, it is aggravating. It is not going anywhere though.

Telus TV operates under the exact same principles as Shaw's offerings. If you do the exact same operation with Shaw(which you cannot currently since they don't off it yet), then it will behave the same.

The TV distributors do not make the rules for how the shows can be watched, the content providers do.

If you don't like it, express that to the networks, not the cable companies.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Loed wrote:Just record the show before hand then...

It's basically watching it "on demand" for free. Yes, it is aggravating. It is not going anywhere though.

Telus TV operates under the exact same principles as Shaw's offerings. If you do the exact same operation with Shaw(which you cannot currently since they don't off it yet), then it will behave the same.

The TV distributors do not make the rules for how the shows can be watched, the content providers do.

If you don't like it, express that to the networks, not the cable companies.

?? What doesn't Shaw offer ??
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote:? What doesn't Shaw offer ??

Service? :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Ah, yes, the Restart "feature". Get used to it. It's the start of the next wave. Recording shows for later viewing will eventually be replaced with a "more robust" version of this. Because skipping ads isn't good.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”