Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by Tootsie »

And ???? Any word ????
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Tootsie wrote:And ???? Any word ????

Down 3 to 1 with 6 minutes remainng in 3rd
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thank-you Rockets for entertaining regular season & playoffs, I'm disappointed on your loss to
Seattle.

Looking forward to next season, good luck to those players in upcoming entry draft.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Its disappointing right now that when rockets needed to play their best game of the year they end up playing one of their worst. Looks like nerves got the best of them tonight. Still was a great season. Just wish it could of went on a little longer.

Looking ahead for next year already and its looking like rockets may run into a problem with having too many 20 year old
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Its disappointing right now that when rockets needed to play their best game of the year they end up playing one of their worst. Looks like nerves got the best of them tonight. Still was a great season. Just wish it could of went on a little longer.

Looking ahead for next year already and its looking like rockets may run into a problem with having too many 20 year old

Unfortunately that's the ups & downs of major junior ice hockey, 4 year window. Trades can extend that, but then you run into giving away future players, which at this level can hurt for long time.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

jaz301 wrote:Its disappointing right now

I'm ecstatic right now. Woohoo, go Seattle!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Glacier wrote:I'm ecstatic right now. Woohoo, go Seattle!

I think they will hit the wall when they get to play Regina Pats. Ironically, did you ever look at the roster from Seattle, over 90 percent Canadian! HUH!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ya, Seattle isn't my favourite team, but would like them to win over Regina perhaps, and definitely over the Rockets.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bubalouie
Guru

Kelowna Rockets 2017 / 2018

Post by Bubalouie »

New season is upon us Friday, Sept. 22.
Thoughts ?
GordonH

Re: Kelowna Rockets 2017 / 2018

Post by GordonH »

Instead of having duplicate threads, Rocket thread is already started here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21723

*Thanks! They've been merged/ferri
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

If Brodan Salmond is able step it up in net it could be very interesting season. Biggest key is if veteran players & rookies can get chemistry early, since there are number of new players in the lineup.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Reason I started a seperate thread is so people don't have to wade through pages and pages, yes, they can click on the last page and go from there......the gardening thread is changed every year, just sayin
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

In the BC Division only 1 team has returning starting goaltender that is Victoria (played 63 out of 72 game last season), next would be Kamloops (played 31 out of 72 games), then Kelowna (played 23 out of 72 games), lastly Vancouver (played 22 out of 72 games).

This shows for Victoria so far at 5-0

Added: oddly the team with the most returning players is the worst in BC division with 21 out of the 24 players returning that is Kamloops.

As I've already said it is far to early, wait & see how it looks at 1/3 mark (24 games in)
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

That was a nasty roadtrip
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:That was a nasty roadtrip

It's to be expected with the number of rookies in the roster. As the season goes on, if the issue is between the pipes then Bruce may need to look for a goalie. That all depends on what he is willing to give up.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”