Angry Bicycle Rider

Home of the traffic rant.
RTH
Fledgling

Angry Bicycle Rider

Post by RTH »

This post is directed to the gentleman (35ish) riding his road bike west on Reekie Rd today around 2 pm.
As you approached the 4 way stop at the corner of Reekie and McCulloch Rd. you saw that I was turning right (after stopping) at the same four way. I was proceeding to continue to follow McCulloch Rd. It was my turn to proceed. I began to turn while watching you come full speed to the intersection. Sure enough, you chose not to stop and made your left hand turn without a hand signal, cutting me off. I gave you a gentle honk and you in turn gave me a not so gentle middle finger.
I caught up to you and rolled down my passenger window, asking you politely if you noticed the stop sign. You in turn said to me,
" you are made of steel and I am made of flex, Motherf*^%*#. I then reminded you politely that the stop signs are for bikes as well as cars. Not sure you heard me as you had your ear buds firmly inserted in your ears. (3rd infraction)
Question for the bearded angry guy on the bike - Why are you so angry and why were you so incredibly rude to me. You were the dick that blew the stop sign without a hand signal, You were the dick wearing earbuds so I am surprised that you even heard my beep beep. You were the dick that does nothing to help your fellow (in much better shape I might add) bike enthusiasts and vehicles co-exist. As Rodney King said, 'Cant we all just get along" I suggest you get some counselling, You are one angry guy. Have a nice day.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Angry Bicycle Rider

Post by LTD »

I had two groups riding about a hundred feet apart do the exact same thing at the exact same spot last week I guess 4 way stops don't apply to them if it happens to me again they will bein for a surprise when I don't let them barge through bunch of *bleep*.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

2 wheeled entitled goofs. I'd love to see their defence for the legal claim when they ram into the side of a car that was legally proceeding at the stop sign.

Like distracted driving, these clowns are becoming a cancer around town.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

But they're training! How dare you get in the way of these special athletes ( that drive everywhere else they need to go).
Wish they'd keep their spandex a$$e$ away from South East.
spooker

Post by spooker »

No, this cyclist's behaviour is deplorable ... but again people rain abuse on all cyclists for the actions of some ...

People in cars do stupid things all the time too ... hence the "Yer an idiot" thread ... but where are the threats against them? Only threaten vulnerable road users?

I've questioned cyclists who blow stop signs when there are other vehicles around and usually get the same treatment ... it's not because someone is on a bicycle, it's because someone is an :cuss: ... it's just easier to interact with the person on a bike to find out that they are an :cuss: whereas someone in a car will have the windows rolled up and ignore the incident

It'd be nice if everyone could on the road could get along, act safely and responsibly ... I'll keep trying to do what I can personally ...

p.s. when you throw out the term "entitled" ... remember that the same can be said for many drivers who claim the roads belong to cars and complain that cyclists slow them down ... our mode of transport doesn't define who we are, we are capable of that directly
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I'm sorry,I just have to be that guy.
You drove beside at pace of this road bike conversing out the window and you're making admonishments of safety responsibility?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
RTH
Fledgling

Post by RTH »

What_the wrote:I'm sorry,I just have to be that guy.
You drove beside at pace of this road bike conversing out the window and you're making admonishments of safety responsibility?

I was very safe. Nobody behind me and a huge flat bed semi with an excavator ahead of me going 15km/h up McCulloch.
I am sorry if you have to be that guy too. Now you know the rest of the story....
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

spooker wrote:No, this cyclist's behaviour is deplorable ... but again people rain abuse on all cyclists for the actions of some ...

People in cars do stupid things all the time too ... hence the "Yer an idiot" thread ... but where are the threats against them? Only threaten vulnerable road users?

I've questioned cyclists who blow stop signs when there are other vehicles around and usually get the same treatment ... it's not because someone is on a bicycle, it's because someone is an :cuss: ... it's just easier to interact with the person on a bike to find out that they are an :cuss: whereas someone in a car will have the windows rolled up and ignore the incident

It'd be nice if everyone could on the road could get along, act safely and responsibly ... I'll keep trying to do what I can personally ...

p.s. when you throw out the term "entitled" ... remember that the same can be said for many drivers who claim the roads belong to cars and complain that cyclists slow them down ... our mode of transport doesn't define who we are, we are capable of that directly

The road does belong to cars
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

RTH wrote:

I was very safe. Nobody behind me and a huge flat bed semi with an excavator ahead of me going 15km/h up McCulloch.
I am sorry if you have to be that guy too. Now you know the rest of the story....

I hate moron road users too. Have been one myself from time to time. Had you left your story at the Moron who cut you off I wouldn't even have posted. But you couldn't help but post about his three infractions and made couple yourself while figuratively wagging your index finger.
Did you expect an apology from this moron who knew exactly what he did wrong.

You were angry and and had to make a point of it beyond giving him the bird as you drove by.

Just my take on the whole story.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
DarkMagna

Post by DarkMagna »

spooker wrote:No, this cyclist's behaviour is deplorable ... but again people rain abuse on all cyclists for the actions of some ...

Exactly.
I ride bike during the summer and I follow all the road rules and exercise proper precautions. I'm tired of being lumped-in with the rule breakers.
Rule breakers exist everywhere, in every activity you can imagine, but people need to stop painting everyone with the same brush.

Any given day that I ride my bike, I lose track of the number of people in cars that drive past me, and then turn right, right in front of me. People, on a flat road, casually riding, I'm still doing 30 km/hr and my feet are stuck to the pedals. I have nowhere to go when you do that.
Similarly, the number of people driving/parking their cars in bike lanes almost daily presents dangers to me.

But I recognize that many people are paying attention and don't turn right, right in front of me.....so I don't go around talking like every driver out there hates cyclists.
The people following the rules tend to blend into the background, so they likely don't get noticed much. The rule breakers stand out, so it only seems like 'all' cyclists are breaking the rules....doesn't make it so.
RTH
Fledgling

Post by RTH »

I hate moron road users too. Have been one myself from time to time. Had you left your story at the Moron who cut you off I wouldn't even have posted. But you couldn't help but post about his three infractions and made couple yourself while figuratively wagging your index finger.
Did you expect an apology from this moron who knew exactly what he did wrong.

You were angry and and had to make a point of it beyond giving him the bird as you drove by.

Just my take on the whole story.[/quote]

Oh brother......now I remember what these forums are all about. Sorry I said anything. What a dope.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

People can look up and down a street and consciously decide to berate an idiot without affecting other road users. It is possible.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Always have a broom handle available for a P.O.S. cyclist like this.
spooker

Post by spooker »

lesliepaul wrote:Always have a broom handle available for a P.O.S. cyclist like this.

I think that would be considered assault and battery ... are you going to keep a gun handy for the P.O.S. driver who pulls stupid stuff?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

For myself those who tend to stand out are the ones who either break the rules of the road or do really bonehead things (I'm talking about cyclists, motorcycles & vehicles).

Those who do what is expected of them while riding or driving I don't pay attention to because they don't stand out. Don't get me wrong I am paying attention, I just don't need to pay special attention to those applying proper rules of the road.

Rule breakers put themselves & others into harms way, last thing I ever want to happen is to hit someone. Some of these boneheads make it incredibly hard (all of them... the idiot motorists &/or cyclists)

We should all be able coexist if everyone uses the same rules of the road.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”