Why do people get cancer?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So, I found out today someone I knew (not well) died from cancer at age 54.

My question is this: if everything is safe, why do people still get cancer?
All the food in the stores is safe, according to the government. Fukushima was not a problem
according to the government. I'm pretty sure the person never smoked, and he still got cancer.

anyone know?

Because if we know, maybe we should eliminate the causes of cancer.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Why do people get cancer?

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Thinktank most likely same answer (if there is answer at all) can be found about this story:
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.3906791

how a healthy athletic 26 year old drops on the ice of a heart attack
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

For me, understanding, limitedly, evolution and the constant arms race between all species and the mutagenesis between all, cancer makes a certain amount of sense. To be simple, why flu vaccines change every year.

My family, sibling and parent, gave gone through it. I await perhaps my turn statisically probable.

Environment, lifestyle and indeterminable equations all factor in. The human genome greatly factors, but in essence, the tapestry of our lives cannot be consolidated to a single thread.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

From Bsuds website:
Lifetime risk (the chance that you will get cancer in your life) of cancer for men is almost 50% and for women is more than 35%.

^ If that's true, then we're doing something wrong. The whole system is wrong. Everything. From the food in our grocery stores, and in restaurants, our lifestyle, our addiction to pharmaceutical drugs, - everything we have done in this country - IS ALL WRONG.

And yet we're rich. We got big TVs. New cars. Huge houses. Second houses. Vacations. expensive stuff. Never before in history have people had it so good and prosperous.

It's weird. Maybe we have to go back to living like the Amish.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Having worked with two wonderful people in the last week who have cancer, I ask myself, why these wonderful people and not pedophiles or murderers.

Something is wrong with the cancer selection process. Why does cancer develop in wonderful people and not evil monsters who take forever to die in jail.

A question for God for sure and I mean to ask it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

^^ Isn't that the truth. I intend to ask the same, beyond ...well for another thread.

I guess in the context asked- why is there the common cold or flu? Why is there any affliction?

If a shark ate me, I wouldn't ask why. Mostly I'd think that sucked, but at least I'd know that their offspring would have a chance.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:So, I found out today someone I knew (not well) died from cancer at age 54.

My question is this: if everything is safe, why do people still get cancer?
All the food in the stores is safe, according to the government. Fukushima was not a problem
according to the government. I'm pretty sure the person never smoked, and he still got cancer.

anyone know?

Because if we know, maybe we should eliminate the causes of cancer.
That would b awesome - hard to see babies and young children suffer from cancer. If you want, I can gather up all the threads you talk about cancer on and post them here.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Thinktank wrote:From Bsuds website:
Lifetime risk (the chance that you will get cancer in your life) of cancer for men is almost 50% and for women is more than 35%.

^ If that's true, then we're doing something wrong. The whole system is wrong. Everything. From the food in our grocery stores, and in restaurants, our lifestyle, our addiction to pharmaceutical drugs, - everything we have done in this country - IS ALL WRONG.

And yet we're rich. We got big TVs. New cars. Huge houses. Second houses. Vacations. expensive stuff. Never before in history have people had it so good and prosperous.

It's weird. Maybe we have to go back to living like the Amish.

Isn't that the humility of life? No matter how.hard we try, no matter how hard we pray, there's another that will eat us.

Isn't that why we are supposed to sacrifice for another?
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Cancer does not exclude anyone, young or old. I used to work in a fish plant in my younger years and saw fish with cancer.

I believe we are all born with the make up of this disease, what triggers it? Who knows, I've seen the healthiest of people develop it, I've seen young ones who haven't had the chance to abuse their bodies get it and I've seen people who have abused their bodies get it. I think it's just chance why or who gets it. People are living longer, environmental surroundings contribute to what we absorb. We can spend a lifetime trying to figure it out and not know the reasons why.

Many many many years ago, when I was a teenager growing up I remember asking my mom why we always had to eat at home, no take out all meals made from fresh, home grown vegetables, meat that my parents got mostly from the farm direct as they'd purchase, cut and freeze their own. She said she believed that all canned foods and foods grown in bulk was not healthy, this has always stuck with me. Maybe there is something to this...
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

perspicacious wrote: People are living longer,..

They keep telling us people are living longer and that's why we're so sick. And pharmaceutical drugs are the wonderful things that are helping us to live such a long long "sick" life.

But people were meant to live to a hundred, like they do in Hunza Valley in Pakistan where their diet is mostly natural and they have no jails, no police, no hospitals, no doctors, and no mental asylum and at a hundred, they can still work in the fields.

Here, the big thing is Alzheimer's Disease and heart pills, if we're one of the lucky ones to live that long.

Here, old people are drugged into oblivion for the last ten years of our "long long lives" in some retirement home.
Sickness and disease is our number one industry, and for the first time ever, children are not expected to live as long as their parents did. That's real progress we've made.

We're not living longer than those guys ^.

Return to “Health”