War plaques thrown in trash

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I know this is Lumby and maybe should be in the North Okanagan section....

What kind of useless idiots would do this????? :-X

They need to show respect to those who fought for the freedoms we have today!!!!

The Lumby Cenotaph was vandalized on Sunday and police are searching for the culprits.

According to RCMP, two bronze War Memorial plaques were taken off the Lumby Cenotaph and dumped into the garbage.

Both plaques have been recovered and examined by RCMP Forensic Identification experts.

“The Lumby Legion is aware of this incident and are of course concerned that someone would have no regard for what the Cenotaph represents or for their fallen comrades,” said Cpl. Trevor Tribes.

There is no further information about the suspect or suspects at this time.

RCMP are asking anyone with information to contact them.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#197011
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: War plaques thrown in trash

Post by voice of reason »

this is so disrespectful.i hope whoever did this gets lynched by the locals before the police find them and the court sentences them to the fullest extent of the law including community service at the local legion
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

tattoo whatever was written on the cenotaphs
one on the back
one on the front

that outta remind them every day of what they mean
the freedom they represent
the lost and broken lives they honor

then, we set them free to roam the far north tundra
be freeeeeeeeeeeeee, Atanarjuat.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'd like to know who did this.....

Aboriginals disgusted with yet another broken promise from Selfie Boy. Could they be from a foreign land who lost the battle , or could they be ones who came here to invade under the guise of "refugee" , or could they be just "bored " kids looking for something to do on a Friday night ????

No matter who did it , they need a good , hard phuquing SMACK up side the head..

You know ? The kind my mom gave me when she caught me lighting the fish pond on fire with a fiver of gas and a pack of matches ...

The kind of smack that makes you see stars ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

MAPearce wrote:I'd like to know who did this.....

Aboriginals disgusted with yet another broken promise from Selfie Boy. Could they be from a foreign land who lost the battle , or could they be ones who came here to invade under the guise of "refugee" , or could they be just "bored " kids looking for something to do on a Friday night ????

My assumption would have a low, life POS...without breaking it down by ethnicity.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As :cuss: holes will always be as :cuss: holes, vandalism of any kind is done by cowards.
If they catch whomever did this I'd say couple hundred hours of community service, maybe clean & fix vandalism in & around Lumby.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Ahh *bleep*, you guys, relax.
This is obviously the "work" of pubescent boys pushing boundaries and nothing more.
RCMP forensics?
jeebus yes, ISIS/Taliban/,alqueada whatever reached out across 12 hours to vandalize a small town war monument.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

GordonH wrote:As :cuss: holes will always be as :cuss: holes, vandalism of any kind is done by cowards.
If they catch whomever did this I'd say couple hundred hours of community service, maybe clean & fix vandalism in & around Lumby.

I'm thinkin latrine duty for a year.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

What_the wrote:Ahh *bleep*, you guys, relax.
This is obviously the "work" of pubescent boys pushing boundaries and nothing more.
RCMP forensics?
jeebus yes, ISIS/Taliban/,alqueada whatever reached out across 12 hours to vandalize a small town war monument.

Whatever .....

It's wrong . Some sort of heavy "correction"is in order here
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

tattoos are cool
lets make em cool
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

RCMP forensics?

Nope.

Anything else, sure whatever. - but this is 0 tolerance in my books. All of those installations are sacred.

If what your saying is in fact the case, then it just goes to show that our younger generation is truly losing touch with our past.

I like the tattoo idea although thats one shoddy billboard to write such a message ... if you know what i mean.

I like finger chopping also. Its permanent and is an easy marker for all to recognize; Hey, look at me, im a real fookhead!
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

monroe wrote:
RCMP forensics?

Nope.

Anything else, sure whatever. - but this is 0 tolerance in my books. All of those installations are sacred.

If what your saying is in fact the case, then it just goes to show that our younger generation is truly losing touch with our past.

I like the tattoo idea although thats one shoddy billboard to write such a message ... if you know what i mean.

I like finger chopping also. Its permanent and is an easy marker for all to recognize; Hey, look at me, im a real fookhead!

Hey, look at me, I'm a real fookhead. As a 40 something fully grown adult, advocate cutting the fingers off of a child for something we all did as a children
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

What_the wrote:
Hey, look at me, I'm a real fookhead. As a 40 something fully grown adult, advocate cutting the fingers off of a child for something we all did as a children

i doubt a child pried a plaque off with a crowbar and i hope you did not vandalize the cenotaph when you were younger
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

This thread is loaded with calls to kill, dismember and brand... Quite a bit of vitriol over the removal of a war plaque.

Grow up.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

youjustcomplain wrote:This thread is loaded with calls to kill, dismember and brand... Quite a bit of vitriol over the removal of a war plaque.

Grow up.

you do know what the plaque stands for i hope, its not just a plaque
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “North Okanagan”