Do you RV?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Do you RV?

Post by Bsuds »

A good way to meet like minded friendly people is RVing and we belong to a Good Sam group.
We do a camp out once a month to different areas and just relax and have a good time with friends.

If anyone is interested they can PM me for info or just post here what you do and where you go with your RV to enjoy yourself.

We are always looking for new places to go within a reasonable drive from Kelowna.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Do you RV?

Post by Bsuds »

The Wagonmaster of our RV group was in touch with the park which is supposed to be our first trip of the year.
We booked this last fall and when he called them they told him that our spots were not guaranteed and we had been moved.
As well as they told him the price had been increased from $35 to $47 not including taxes!

We are now going elsewhere and will not be back.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Wife and I are looking to buy one. Probably not until next season however.

Got good friends who go often. But they only want to go way up in the bush. So we're thinking we'll need to find some other people to go with when we want a traditional site. Any families in your group? Big point to going to a pay site is so that the kids can make friends and rove around in bicycle gangs.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TylerM4 wrote:Any families in your group?

No families, just retired folks so not the best fit for you. We do all our camping during the week and no weekends so we don't use up spots that working folks need.
When you go to purchase and need any info feel free to ask.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

that sucks BSuds, where were you supposed to be going?
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Let me guess.....a large campsite in Osoyoos?
Last edited by twofingers on Apr 14th, 2017, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

twofingers wrote:Let me guess.....a league campsite in Osoyoos?

No, just this side of Oliver.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Eh Sudsy long time, hope all is well.
I recently picked up a little 36' travel trailer and I'm looking opinions. (Hope I'm in the right spot) I am in the market for batteries and I'm curious about 6v. I have space and was going to go for two 12v nautilus agm batteries, what do you think?
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fixer 166 wrote:Eh Sudsy long time, hope all is well.
I recently picked up a little 36' travel trailer and I'm looking opinions. (Hope I'm in the right spot) I am in the market for batteries and I'm curious about 6v. I have space and was going to go for two 12v nautilus agm batteries, what do you think?

Hi Fixer. Doing well thanks.

If you do any dry camping then that's the way to go. Maybe a Solar Panel to keep them topped up during the day as well.
LED Lighting will help for that too. If you don't plan to dry camp then it doesn't much matter.

We have 2-12V and still are doing fine in their 6th year. We never dry camp.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Regarding 6V vs 12V.

Dual 6v batteries have a higher "energy density" vs dual 12v. That's the big reason why you see them used. For the same physically sized batteries you'll store/hold slightly more energy with 2x 6v batteries.

They also tend to be more expensive and less flexible. You can't grab one of them to use with your electric fishing motor for example.

I did the dual 6V batteries thing once, but stick with 12V batteries nowadays - mostly due to cost. You can find a good 12V deep cycle battery for $150, or pick up a cheap one for around $100. Cheapest 6V I could find was $200, with many in the $250 range.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

We have dual 6V and a solar panel on our 22-footer. Only do dry camping. Have had no issues with power at all.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

RupertBear wrote:We have dual 6V and a solar panel on our 22-footer. Only do dry camping. Have had no issues with power at all.

How long will a charge last if you are not charging them with the solar panels?
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Bsuds wrote:
RupertBear wrote:We have dual 6V and a solar panel on our 22-footer. Only do dry camping. Have had no issues with power at all.

How long will a charge last if you are not charging them with the solar panels?

I don't know yet. We upgraded from a single 6 to the twin 6s with the solar panel shortly after we bought the trailer two years ago. We were getting just over two days on the single 6 with no solar help.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

RupertBear wrote:I don't know yet. We upgraded from a single 6 to the twin 6s with the solar panel shortly after we bought the trailer two years ago. We were getting just over two days on the single 6 with no solar help.

Thanks for sharing.

Very unlikely you have a single 6V battery initially. You probably had a single 12V and transitioned to dual 6V.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

RupertBear wrote:I don't know yet. We upgraded from a single 6 to the twin 6s with the solar panel shortly after we bought the trailer two years ago. We were getting just over two days on the single 6 with no solar help.
TylerM4 wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

Very unlikely you have a single 6V battery initially. You probably had a single 12V and transitioned to dual 6V.

Or 2-12v. To my knowledge trailers are all 12v.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”