Memorial Cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Memorial Cup

Post by GordonH »

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies vs London Knight for Memorial Cup
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Junior hockey at it's best, what a entertaining Memorial Cup Finals.

Congratulations to London Knights on Winning 2016 Memorial Cup
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

GordonH wrote:Junior hockey at it's best, what a entertaining Memorial Cup Finals.

Congratulations to London Knights on Winning 2016 Memorial Cup

What a game indeed. Doesn't get much better than that. What an impressive run London knights had. 17 game winning streak in playoffs is unheard of. 4th Memorial Cup appearance in 5 years and 2 cups to show for it.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

2017 Memorial Cup is hosted by Windsor Spitfires

Would be incredible if Kelowna can be 1 of final 3, since Windsor gets automatic by into final 4
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Bumped

2017 Memorial Cup is hosted by Windsor Spitfires

OHL host Windsor Spitfires
OHL Champion Erie Otters
QMJHL Champions Saint John Sea Dogs
WHL Champions ???? (Regina & Seattle are tied at 2 games a piece)
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Memorial Cup field is set - Windsor (host), Seattle (WHL), Erie (OHL), Saint John (QMJHL).
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Memorial Cup field is set - Windsor (host), Seattle (WHL), Erie (OHL), Saint John (QMJHL).

The host team was knocked out in round 1 of OHL Championship, similar to Saskatoon Blades few years back when they hosted the Memorial Cup. Being out of the mix can cause the team to be ice cold, not sure if Windsor Spitfires will be among top 3.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Been flipping between CBC & Sportsnet, Windsor does not look to rusty even though its been 45 days since being knockout of playoffs.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Been flipping between CBC & Sportsnet, Windsor does not look to rusty even though its been 45 days since being knockout of playoffs.

Windsor is just destroying Seattle, 7 to 1.
So now with wins over the QMJHL champion & today WHL champion. Windsor looking good to possibly win this year Cup.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Today's game has the 2 teams that are 0-2, so either Seattle or Saint John will be eliminated. Depending who loses and ends up 0-3 for the tournament.

Winner ends up in 3rd spot, to meet #2 to move on to the finals.

2 undefeated teams still to meet, Otters vs Spitfires
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

WHL team has been eliminated from the Memorial Cup.

Saint John Sea Dogs win 7 to nothing, they will meet the loser between tomorrows game between the Otters vs Spitfires.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Seattle certainly wasn't the same team that played the Rockets. they looked terrible.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

My hat is off to the complete staff & coaching of Windsor Spitfires, for keeping those players motivated with 45 day waiting period. Between there last playoff game to 2017 Memorial Cup, going undefeated round robin games.

So Semi-finals are set:

2nd place Erie Otters vs 3rd place Saint John Sea Dogs (in the round robin Erie just blew away Saint John 12 to 5), to see who meets Windsor in the 2017 Memorial Cup finals
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So was the Saint John Sea Dogs playing opossum in round robin or not, if they beat Erie in the Semifinals tonight.
Then I say yes they were playing opossum.

Windsor awaits the winner
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It appears the strongest league in the CHL this season is the OHL, both QMJHL Champion & WHL Champion were no match for either Erie or Windsor.

2017 Memorial Cup final is an all Ontario League game.

Host Windsor Spitfires vs Erie Otters

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”