Jackpine Lake

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
oko11
Fledgling

Jackpine Lake

Post by oko11 »

Wondering if anyone has been up there and, if so, what the road is like?
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Jackpine Lake

Post by Poindexter »

We were up there on Saturday, took the Glenrosa route. Road was good, hasnt been graded and a couple wet spots with deep muddy ruts but nothing too major. Fishing was bad though, just one of those days when no one on the lake was having much luck.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
oko11
Fledgling

Post by oko11 »

water might be a bit cold up there yet and fish aren't moving much. does the road have that washboard feel to it? The last bit to Jackpine is usually a little bad, but what about the first 9km before you turn off?

Thanks for the response
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Yeah the washboarding is brutal, as you know its a narrow logging road with potholes in every shadow so not much choice but to take it easy anyway. While we were creeping along we did have 3 adolescent bucks pop out on the road ahead of us so we stopped and they trotted within metres of the truck.

As for the water being too cold who knows. Could be anything, usually dragging a mosquito up there is a sure thing but nothing. We tried worms as well but nothing mind you when we got the the boat launch a young family was hanging out and the daughter was fishing. We gave the worms to the parents for their kid and before we left the launch she had hooked one. We may simply have worn out our luck the day before at headwaters when we caught over a dozen each. :130:
oko11
Fledgling

Post by oko11 »

Really, I've never had any luck at headwaters. I've gone in at the first left where the little store is. Is that where you went?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I'd tell you which Lake of the chain and where we found the honey hole but wife has a gag order on me. If everyone caught and released like we do I'd share more. Sorry.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”