6%
Other
1%

Total votes: 68

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Who's going to win today?

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed* i lived in vancouver and the island.. the enviromental protectionist movement is a real thing in that highly populated part of bc. like i said earlier any rightwinger voting green is like harper voting ndp to defeat jt. not a smart move when you should know what the platform is.
Last edited by ferri on Jun 5th, 2017, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I find it somewhat amusing that the extremely vocal Clark haters, who keep using terms like crooked, liar, corrupt, and so on, aren't complaining one little bit, regarding Weaver basically blackmailing the NDP to get party status, and who knows what else was promised.

In what universe is this any more acceptable than what the Liberals are accused of?

Depending on your viewpoint this is actually worse, given that the Liberals are chastised for being corporate friendly and accepting donations, allegedly for favorable consideration in regards to contracts. In that case the Liberals get money, and don't really give any out unless it's in payment of work performed via contract.

On the other hand, here we have the NDP engaging in a deal that hands out our tax money, to the Green party in contravention of existing rules, and so that the NDP party can attain power.

I'm not suggesting the Liberals wouldn't make an exception either if the Greens backed them instead, but then again it's not the Liberals who have been crying foul to anyone willing to listen, for going on many years now.

Basically what the NDP are saying is all is fair as long as it gets us into power.

Funny, that being exactly what they are supposedly mad at the Liberals for doing. :biggrin:

Seems like another prime example of the pot calling the kettle black. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Like all BC Politics, it's a dogfight. To the finish.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Old Techie wrote:I find it somewhat amusing that the extremely vocal Clark haters, who keep using terms like crooked, liar, corrupt, and so on, aren't complaining one little bit, regarding Weaver basically blackmailing the NDP to get party status, and who knows what else was promised.

In what universe is this any more acceptable than what the Liberals are accused of?

Depending on your viewpoint this is actually worse, given that the Liberals are chastised for being corporate friendly and accepting donations, allegedly for favorable consideration in regards to contracts. In that case the Liberals get money, and don't really give any out unless it's in payment of work performed via contract.

On the other hand, here we have the NDP engaging in a deal that hands out our tax money, to the Green party in contravention of existing rules, and so that the NDP party can attain power.

I'm not suggesting the Liberals wouldn't make an exception either if the Greens backed them instead, but then again it's not the Liberals who have been crying foul to anyone willing to listen, for going on many years now.

Basically what the NDP are saying is all is fair as long as it gets us into power.

Funny, that being exactly what they are supposedly mad at the Liberals for doing. :biggrin:

Seems like another prime example of the pot calling the kettle black. [icon_lol2.gif]

I am not a hater of Christy but having said that, I did not like her politics. For that reason I would be happy to see her gone.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Christy has been the organ grinder's monkey for the past 6 years. We don't want any more organ grinders.
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jun 5th, 2017, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Christy has been the organ grinder's monkey for the past 6 years. We don't want any more organ grinders.

Well here's a newsflash for you, a lot of us who prefer the Liberals, also don't care for Clark anymore, but at the same time have no use for the orange losers either.

Here's another bit of ammo, showing how the feigned concern about poor education under the Liberals, is just more NDP zealot bluster.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#198750

Graduate numbers have been steadily climbing since the first graduating class in 2006.

Combine that with the success of Okanagan College, and it sort of throws a wrench into the whole NDP sycophants whining about the need for better education argument.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Do you know anyone who went through the B.C. public school system since 2002? No? Well, it might interest you to know that thanks to Christy and her BC Liberal cuts to the curriculum, kids who graduated in 2014 or later cannot even sign their own name because they've never been taught to write. They can print their name, but they can't write it.

This may seem like no big deal to you, but to most British Columbians, it's deplorable.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Do you know anyone who went through the B.C. public school system since 2002? No? Well, it might interest you to know that thanks to Christy and her BC Liberal cuts to the curriculum, kids who graduated in 2014 or later cannot even sign their own name because they've never been taught to write. They can print their name, but they can't write it.

This may seem like no big deal to you, but to most British Columbians, it's deplorable.

It is and you should immediately make your concerns known to the BCTF!

Much as you try to, you can't pin every issue on the planet on Clark. We had dumbasses coming out of the system before the Liberals too, largely thanks to the modern teaching method of being politically correct, and everyone is a winner, yada yada yada.

BTW just for arguments sake, who actually writes these days?

The only time I ever write is to fill out a work order which has to be printed, or to sign for a shipment which doesn't have to be legible, so to borrow one of your cohorts catch phrases, the times they are changing, so you best get with it.

Heck these days they don't even use words anymore, one has to decode CUL, BFF, YMMV, WADR, and a plethora of others.

You want to blame someone there, blame technology.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

lasnomadas wrote:Do you know anyone who went through the B.C. public school system since 2002? No? Well, it might interest you to know that thanks to Christy and her BC Liberal cuts to the curriculum, kids who graduated in 2014 or later cannot even sign their own name because they've never been taught to write. They can print their name, but they can't write it.

They don't teach typing or cursive anymore.....they should but it has nothing to do with the Liberals, but with the BCTF.

Too many teachers didn't like teaching so they dropped things.

Lucky for my kids I make them do both, and it will help them, cursive actually have mental pathway connections and was part of the reason it was made in the first place. Funny part is people like lasnomadas will blame school for failing their kid while they do nothing, yet education is a team goal. I work with the school, he demands someone does his/her job for them.

ALL GOVERNMENTS have failed with BCTF, if you see a a lack do something at home and campaign outside......though as the left is great to argue, it's much easier to say it''s someone elses fault......
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Wrong again, guys. It was indeed the BC Liberals who cut cursive writing from the curriculum. I know this since I have teachers in my family. And why do you try to insult me by saying I blame teachers for my kids failing in school? None of my kids ever failed in school, but I suspect that part of the reason was because B.C.'s public education system was superior in the 1990s when they were enrolled in school. Most parents had jobs back then and didn't have a lot of time to do homework with their kids, either.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Wrong again, guys. It was indeed the BC Liberals who cut cursive writing from the curriculum. I know this since I have teachers in my family. And why do you try to insult me by saying I blame teachers for my kids failing in school? None of my kids ever failed in school, but I suspect that part of the reason was because B.C.'s public education system was superior in the 1990s when they were enrolled in school. Most parents had jobs back then and didn't have a lot of time to do homework with their kids, either.

Yeah and the teachers are fed their diet of BS from the BCTF, so your point is what?

My kids went through school in the 1990's and 2000's and there was nothing notable superior about the 90's.

Most of the kids I see graduate can't add and subtract worth a hoot either, so did the Liberals remove math from schools too?

Oh wait, I know, Christy went around and collected all the math text books, and gave them all to private schools, so you guys would have something else to blame her for. [icon_lol2.gif]
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

lasnomadas wrote: Well, it might interest you to know that thanks to Christy and her BC Liberal cuts to the curriculum, kids who graduated in 2014 or later cannot even sign their own name because they've never been taught to write. They can print their name, but they can't write it.

http://www.capilanocourier.com/arts-cul ... f-the-pen/
Here it is.

Oh and look, she killed it in Ontario http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/irre ... -1.2960629

Wow, she killed it in finland too https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... iX5KyEciuA

She even killed it in several states https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... DmnOpGgJ2Q
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”