ISIS attack in Toronto mall

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: ISIS attack in Toronto mall

Post by Merry »

On a personal level I agree that anyone committing a crime who says they are doing it to support a terrorist group, is indeed a terrorist. However, I understand Fancy's point that under current Canadian Law the person has to be a member of a group of terrorists in order to be considered a terrorist (I don't necessarily agree with the Law, but I do understand why that Law prevents people like this woman from being charged as a terrorist).

Maybe we all need to lobby the Government to change the Law, because these days not all terrorists are members of an organized group. Many simply identify and agree with the group based on what they've read on the Internet. But if they then go out and hurt people to further that group's aims, then they are still terrorists in my book. And the Law needs to reflect that fact.

If such folk are then found to have been born in another country, I'd be in favour of revoking their citizenship and returning them to their country of origin. After all, if they dislike the Canadian way of life so much, why would they want to live here in the first place? Such people OUGHT to be in the country they prefer; which obviously isn't Canada.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

correct if she was not born here she should be shipped back were she came from, problem with that is the left wing nutjobs will want to spend millions of tax payers money defending this muslim terrorist , she is a terrorist wack job lock here up or ship her back to where she came from , interesting how there is no news stories about who she is, news blackout, are govt does not want the truth coming out i guess, just like all over europe surppress the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/07/ma ... -in-canada there we go she is from syria, one of trudeau's grateful refugees i guess, :cuss: :cuss: ship her back or lock her up for life
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It’s not yet clear whether or not in fact this incident was a planned terror attempt, or whether she was acted out because of illness or inner demons.

Why would you think there's a news blackout? The matter is under investigation - when more details are released, the media can report on it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

the truth wrote:http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/07/make-no-mistake-terror-is-in-canada there we go she is from Syria

This part of the article struck a note with me, because it's perfectly true.
if the reports are accurate, this episode was inspired in some way by global, Islamist terrorism.

As U.K.s Prime Minister Theresa May observed following the deadly attacks this past week in London, we must be prepared to deal with a “new trend” in terrorism – inspired terrorism. Small scale attacks on innocent civilians with cars and knives and home made bombs.

Canada can continue to pretend we are immune to these attacks, or we can address them by fairly but fearlessly looking at measures to keep all Canadians safe, including stringent refugee vetting.

We can't keep "burying our heads" in the sand of political correctness. Instead we need to admit there's a problem, and then figure out a way to deal with it.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

correct, but try explaining that to the ones on here closing a blind eye to the truth
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Much of what you consider to be "the truth" would be more accurately called "your opinion". The two are not one and the same, and the more you let yourself be dominated by your own personal biases against "The Left" or anyone from the Middle East, the further from "The Truth" you actually get.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Omnitheo wrote:Much of what you consider to be "the truth" would be more accurately called "your opinion". The two are not one and the same, and the more you let yourself be dominated by your own personal biases against "The Left" or anyone from the Middle East, the further from "The Truth" you actually get.

what is not the truth about this http://globalnews.ca/news/3506039/woman ... onto-mall/ https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#199114 http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/11/ye ... -a-problem let me guess more fake news correct, seems to me your people have no interest in the truth
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Not disputing the news stories. I'm disputing your opinion which you are passing on as the truth. The assumptions you make which you claim to be the truth.

"We need to do something" well yeah we are, both those people were brought to justice under the laws of the land which we all are held under. If you're going to break the law in this country, you get the same treatment as anyone else who breaks the law. Doesn't matter if you're someone of Arabic decent who posts on social media about wanting to commit Isis acts. Or if you're a white person on social media posting about wanting to hurt the prime minister.

Doesn't matter if you're someone of Arabic decent who waves a knife in a shopping center, or if you're a white perosn who shoots up a mosque.

Haters gonna hate. Let's not exacerbate and proliferate it. There's the problem you are turning a blind eye to.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: isis attack in toronto mall

Post by the truth »

FreeRights wrote:
the truth wrote:she has been charged with assault ,and not terrorism---why--- :200: :-X

It would be interesting to see your argument how this could be defined as terrorism. I haven't seen her claim that she's with IS, they haven't claimed responsibility, and if it was an attempted terrorist attack, it was probably one of the least effective ones in ages.

update for all the terrorist supporters on here https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#247003
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

1. There are no terrorist supporters here. People simply want everyone governed under the same laws, as another post above mentioned.

2. Good to see the conviction, guess the legal system works as it should.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya for once

Return to “Canada”