Hate crimes against Muslims up: What may have helped in 2015

f/22
Board Meister

Hate crimes against Muslims up: What may have helped in 2015

Post by f/22 »

Today:

“Group says Conservative rhetoric during 2015 election campaign helped fuel increase in incidents”

Hate crimes against Muslims in Canada up 60%, StatsCan reports

(Video: Khalid Elgazzar on new Statscan Hate crime numbers)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hate-cr ... -1.4158042

Repeated: however, “ . . . stopped short of blaming the Conservative campaign for the rise in hate crimes, but said the campaign rhetoric was “a factor.”

https://www.nccm.ca/hate-crimes-against ... canada-up/

Related stories:

Hate crimes against Muslims in Canada increase 253% over four years

(WATCH: Muslim, Jewish women ‘bear the brunt of hate crimes’: NCCM)

http://globalnews.ca/news/3523535/hate- ... da-muslim/

Muslim group urges Ottawa to speed up release of hate-crime statistics

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e35296064/
Last edited by f/22 on Jun 26th, 2017, 4:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Hate crimes against Muslims up: What may have helped in

Post by Queen K »

I still think ISIS setting a man in a cage on fire stirred more hate crimes than anything else on this planet.
Or it could be that Muslims just keep killing each other with bombs, suicide vests and all sorts of things and now it's leaking into all societies all over the World.

Or bombing World Heritage Sites like the giant ancient Bhuddas in Afghanistan.

Or 9/11

Or throwing gay men off of buildings.
Shooting little girls going to school. Kidnapping girls who are going to school. Setting schools on fire with girls in them.
Honour Killings and right here in Canada to boot.

Do I need a link to it all, cuz I can provide one for each crime against humanity I've cited. All I'm saying is that it doesn't take "conservative rhetoric" to rile people up, it takes reading and seeing the news unfold upon us. And that's about it.

Sure, have a Hate Crime registry. Absolutely. But don't blame Conservative Rhetoric for hate crimes. To borrow some well known words, "that's just boneheaded lunacy."
Last edited by Queen K on Jun 13th, 2017, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Yeah, I didn’t think it was about Harper and his 2015 niqab law.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Here I thought the Naquib law was all about hiding one's identity to aid in committing suicide bombings as an unidentified person.

But I've been wrong before.

Go on...
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Queen K wrote:Here I thought the Naquib law was all about hiding one's identity to aid in committing suicide bombings as an unidentified person.

But I've been wrong before.

Go on...

I'll trust the articles that I posted to explain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'll trust that the thousands of crimes carried out by radical islamic terrorists don't need to be re-iterated.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Two in the first article, third paragraph.

Same two and Harper's 'veil' issue in the second article, third paragraph.

Same in the fourth article.

The third article is mostly about comparative statistics.
Last edited by f/22 on Jun 14th, 2017, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was a tear last night with the "I think other things have contributed to a rise in hate crimes more than conservative rhetoric and what is written in paragraphs I'll bet Bubba-types have never read."

But okay, paragraphs and not horrendous crimes in Europe, No-Go Zones, murdering Canadians on remote Philippine Islands, and demanding entire menu changes in restaurants (complaints about bacon in Subway, here's a tip, "don't order it.") are all adding up a bit in the N.A. psyche.

And f/22, I get that you're a smart man. Very much so, but the premise of this thread, "conservative rhetoric" is giving way to a rise in hate crimes against Muslims is like saying 1. everyone should NOT point out what is really going on and 2. no one has eyes and ears of their own about one going crimes against humanity carried out by Islamic extremists all around the World.

Did you see the Muslims tearing up a Catholic Church in the Philippines? Sure it's in a remote area and not downtown Manila, but how is that not making it downtown Manila next year?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

f/22 wrote:Yeah, I didn’t think it was about Harper and his 2015 niqab law.

I wonder what the percentage of Muslims has increased in Canada? Not suggesting I support any of this, but I still think we have sufficient laws to cover hate crimes without being cultural or ethnic specific.

I also feel the ISIS activity is fueling the uneducated who paint all Muslims with the same brush.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I don't think many Canadians care or even know what happens in Ottawa.

150 pages of Muslim hatred right on this forum, in a place without Muslims, and I doubt
any of the people on that thread even met a Muslim before, tells me Muslim hate crimes
are probably up.

The media, and Hollywood would be the biggest reason for the hatred of Muslims. We're being brainwashed
continually to hate Muslims. But our leaders don't hate all Muslims. You would be amazed how much our leaders love certain
Muslims and their money.

The people who control Hollywood have a big effect on the sheeple's actions. If they tell
us to hate someone, we hate someone.

While the biggest simpletons attack Muslims because of what they're told by the media and Hollywood, our leaders know that certain Muslims = $billions in deals and profit,
and so our leaders will kiss the feet of Muslim terrorists if necessary.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Ken7 wrote:

I wonder what the percentage of Muslims has increased in Canada? Not suggesting I support any of this, but I still think we have sufficient laws to cover hate crimes without being cultural or ethnic specific.

I also feel the ISIS activity is fueling the uneducated who paint all Muslims with the same brush.

Third article mentions Trump's rhetoric . . ..
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Ken7 wrote:

Percentage of Muslim increase in Canada and other enlighten information.

Survey of Muslims in Canada 2016

http://www.environicsinstitute.org/uplo ... report.pdf
Last edited by f/22 on Jun 14th, 2017, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

And

The stories in the OP were generated by Muslims reacting to the StatsCan report on hate crimes in Canada.

So, first, please consider yourselves speaking to them or to any Muslim who may be reading this thread on the open net.

And, yes, it would be nice to get inside all of the Canadian hate crime perps’ heads to see what the hell they are thinking.

Think Vulcan mind-meld.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:I still think ISIS setting a man in a cage on fire stirred more hate crimes than anything else on this planet.

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

f/22 wrote:
And, yes, it would be nice to get inside all of the Canadian hate crime perps’ heads to see what the hell they are thinking.

It would also be good to know what constitutes a "hate crime" as the articles you posted don't really seem to give a definition or explain what it is. I did see something about a pigs head but no one was hurt or threatened in that situation. There is no excuse for violence against anyone and any such acts are crimes, be they deemed "hate crimes" for political purposes or just plain old crimes. That being said, blaming Harper or any politician for any religious-motivated crime is kind of ridiculous.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “World”