NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

Huge sigh of relief must be over Leafs fans, since they made it into playoffs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Dennis Wideman intentional hit of linesman from the back needs to send message to all the players this crap will not be tolerated period, no ifs…… buts or maybes
Major suspension + a huge fine.

Only saw it this morning, not been paying much attention to NHL lately.

Update
https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/19 ... s-over-hit
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Non-playoff stuff, 2 big events coming up first the expansion draft & then entry Draft.

It will be interesting to see who new team picks up from around the league.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup it will be fun to watch, could end up being a pretty good team ,ya never know
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Surprising outcome on draft lottery

New Jersey #1
Philly #2
Dallas #3
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

betman did this :-X :-X :-X :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ran into Carey Price's mom the other day at the dump. Been a long time since I have seen her. Still a fox.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Listened to a sports program today, saying Washington should cut OV.
Maybe the 2 hosts of this program should do some actual homework, OV has one of those contracts I despise No Movement & No Trade clauses (He has both)
So unless OV wants out of Washington and waives those clauses, he is going nowhere.

OV's contract is up at end of 2021-22 season.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

And that contract pays him $10 million per season. His average cap hit for Washington is $9.538 each year. The core of the Caps will still be around for one more year and then there are a lot of UFAs.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:And that contract pays him $10 million per season. His average cap hit for Washington is $9.538 each year. The core of the Caps will still be around for one more year and then there are a lot of UFAs.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/capitals
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Calgary went out and pickup another goaltender in Mike Smith (Arizona Coyotes), few other deals done. Just go to TSN NHL trades
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

he's 35 years old :135:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Next up 2017 NHL entry draft Friday night/weekend
Last edited by GordonH on Jun 21st, 2017, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

First round of entry draft on Friday. Rest of the draft on Saturday.
Tomorrow is the end of the brief trading ban. Teams can resume wheeling and dealing, leading up to Friday's start to the draft.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

RupertBear wrote:First round of entry draft on Friday. Rest of the draft on Saturday.
Tomorrow is the end of the brief trading ban. Teams can resume wheeling and dealing, leading up to Friday's start to the draft.

8 days later is free agency craziness

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”