Canadian Soldier Kills Target from over 2 Miles Away

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Canadian Soldier Kills Target from over 2 Miles Away

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
What_the
Übergod

Re: Canadian Soldier Kills Target from over 2 Miles Away

Post by What_the »

Granted it's a stunning shot but all I imagine is 2 guys high fiving each other at killing another human. Then drinking beer after celebrating murder.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I hear ya. I'm only here for the physics.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I hear ya ^^
The guy found his calling that's for sure.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

that is awesome! impressive shot

Opens up the ethical questions though. We already have drone pilots sitting in an office in the US operating a drone over Afghanistan taking people out on the other side of the world.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

What's ethical about the person our brave soldier took out when that person straps bombs to his body and blows it up in a concert full of young, innocent people, or slams a vehicle through a sidewalk full of innocent tourists in London or stabs police officers to death?

When our soldiers are in a kill or be killed environment, fighting with their own lives to save ours, I see nothing "unethical" about defeating the enemy with a well-placed shot at a great distance.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

What_the wrote:Granted it's a stunning shot but all I imagine is 2 guys high fiving each other at killing another human. Then drinking beer after celebrating murder.

You are right, that was an absolutely stunning shot!!

I'd buy them each a beer (or 10) and help them celebrate! :130:
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Rwede wrote:What's ethical about the person our brave soldier took out when that person straps bombs to his body and blows it up in a concert full of young, innocent people, or slams a vehicle through a sidewalk full of innocent tourists in London or stabs police officers to death?

When our soldiers are in a kill or be killed environment, fighting with their own lives to save ours, I see nothing "unethical" about defeating the enemy with a well-placed shot at a great distance.

What can I say, you're a kool aid drinker.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Rwede wrote:What's ethical about the person our brave soldier took out when that person straps bombs to his body and blows it up in a concert full of young, innocent people, or slams a vehicle through a sidewalk full of innocent tourists in London or stabs police officers to death?

I was not commenting on whether this situation was ethical or not. I'm just saying there is a big difference in what goes through your head when making the kill decision when someone is across the street from you, or across the world.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

We shouldn't kill people in a war? Especially against terrorists?
Apparently, the kill interrupted an ISIS attack in progress, so the sniper saved others. If it were me, I would have Hi-5'd my buddy and had a beer... then request a drone to fly over to drop leaflets with "hahaha" written on them. I wouldn't stay in my prone position and cry over it.

Most kills are from a distance, unless you think we should send our soldiers to war with knives in order to have all kills up-close and personal in self-defense.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

It just blows me away that people think that part of the world just up and decided one day that they're gonna wage war against us with 60's era technology for no reason. Either they're Canadian bacon or they have legitimate grievances.

Drink the kool aid or actually wonder why.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

What_the wrote:Granted it's a stunning shot but all I imagine is 2 guys high fiving each other at killing another human. Then drinking beer after celebrating murder.

Not the most asinine comment I've ever seen but it would make the top 10.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

How's the kill aid^^
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think that is one fine shot!!
Attachments
Sniper.jpg
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

That is unimaginable, impressive!
I'm happy to see Canadian soldiers kill terrorists wherever they may be before these :cuss:'s get a chance to murder or recruit others to do it.

Return to “Canada”