James Lake

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
oko11
Fledgling

James Lake

Post by oko11 »

Wondering if anyone here has been to James Lake off Goudie Road just left off of Hwy 33. Wanting to know what the road is like and, of course, if the fishing is good and what size fish.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: James Lake

Post by Fancy »

Heard the fish were small but that was some time ago.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

It's been a couple years but when I was last up there, the road was pretty rough. Nothing like bear creek or beaver lake FSR's. I'm sure you could drag a 25' trailer up there (especially if axles have been flipped), but you'd rattle it pretty good and it'd be slow going. I wouldn't attempt a 30'

You never know tho - weather and logging activity make a huge difference in these roads. Hard to tell what damage this spring did, or if it's been graded for the logging trucks. Best to make a scouting trip 1st if you plan to bring an RV or a car. If taking a pickup/SUV I'm sure you'll be fine.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

There's been renewed logging activity up that way for the previous 2 years, so they re-graded the road once or twice during that time frame - but I haven't been up there yet this year. I plan on changing that in a few hours.
Your bias suits you.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Lots of washboard and potholes. Lots of fish jumping but not very big. Not sure what the regulations are regarding motors.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

oko11 wrote:Wondering if anyone here has been to James Lake off Goudie Road just left off of Hwy 33. Wanting to know what the road is like and, of course, if the fishing is good and what size fish.

Road is rough in places, typical FSR, a car can make it no problem, just lots of pothole dodging.
Was there a few days ago, guy was on lake with trolling motor, said fishing was slow, he caught a couple of 1 pounders.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I'll echo UltraViolet's comments, was up there two weeks ago myself.

Road is rough with potholes to dodge, but a car could make it with some caution. No problem for a bigger vehicle. I've never pulled a trailer so I can't speak to that.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

The road felt smooth enough on my mountain bike! :up:
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”