Nutcase charged

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Nutcase charged

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:
Rachel Notley is also a woman and has received more death threats than any premier in alberta's history. "

How do you know this? This sounds like yet another completely invented left fake news talking point. Do you really think that someone has been tabulating death threats against premiers and therefore this statement has any merit whatsoever? How many death threats did William Aberhart ever get? Or Earnest Manning? Don Getty? Ralph Klein? Who knows? Social media didn't even exist when those guys were premiers, so who knows how many nutcases would have threatened them on Facebook or Twitter if those social media sites were around in those days. It's absurd to even have this discussion. So to say something this stupid about death threats in Alberta's history is just more leftist gobble-de-gook.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jun 28th, 2017, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Response to off topic comment

I've got no problem providing sources to back up statements I make. It's how we do it on "The Left"

But you didn't prove your statement. At all. You stupidly made an assessment that couldn't be backed up, and expected no one to call you on it.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jun 28th, 2017, 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Wow, Notley has been threatened 19 times? Politics can sure make people angry.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

NEWBIES should avoid personal attacks or face permanent banning!!
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jun 28th, 2017, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jun 28th, 2017, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 29th, 2017, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Response to off topic comment

I've got no problem providing sources to back up statements I make. It's how we do it on "The Left"

But you didn't prove your statement. At all. You stupidly made an assessment that couldn't be backed up, and expected no one to call you on it.

Ah yes, it was deleted because I used the wrong truncated version of your username.

Here you go *redacted*, I've got no problem providing sources to back up statements I make. It's how we do it on "The Left"

https://www.google.ca/amp/edmontonjourn ... remier/amp

https://www.ualberta.ca/news-and-events ... hel-notley

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3982276

From deflecting an unrelenting torrent of social media attacks to seeing her face on a golf tournament target, Rachel Notley holds the distinction of being the most threatened premier in Alberta history.

Statistics released by Alberta Justice show Notley was subject to 412 incidents of what's termed inappropriate contact and communication between Jan. 26, 2016 — when tracking of such incidents began — to Dec. 19, 2016.

Other information provided by Alberta Justice shows that Alberta premiers faced a total of 55 non-social media threats from 2003 until the end of 2015.

That includes threats made against Notley and former premiers Ralph Klein, Ed Stelmach, Alison Redford and Jim Prentice.

Of the total, 19 threats were against Notley, 16 were against Redford, 14 against Stelmach, and three each against Prentice and Klein.

Threats to Notley more serious

Most of the threats directed to the premiers were considered "low" threat levels but some directed at Notley, Redford and Stelmach were classified as "medium."

During the politically charged Bill 6 debate at the end of 2015, Notley became the online target of angry social media posts that said she should be shot, stabbed, or even thrown into a tree grinder.

Image[/quote]

As this was a thread about similar threats against a different political figure, if it's considered off topic I'll be happy to turn this into it's own thread if need be.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

I don't know how to address the user I want to question without it being considered a personal attack, but to the person who said the threat stats aren't real - why would anyone lie about threats? Do you mean some people might have varying definitions?
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Omnitheo wrote:Oh hi UB2, thanks for showing up to a thread about threats against politicians, saying nothing relating to the topic, and then telling people to get back on topic.

What's the difference. You think you can comment off topic, then continue to post on topic and that makes it okay.

Are You making the rules now?

Ub2 wrote:you need to respect that.

Omnitheo wrote:Actually no I don't. Respect is earned. Respect is paid back in turn for respect given. This user has never shown any respect to me and continually disrespects other forum users. Slandering them, statements like leftist losers, special snowflakes, disgusting, evil, People, brain dead, overly sensitive etc etc.

Yet suddenly when their name is truncated it's a bigger issue than dozens of threats against a political figure. Honestly it's just part of their name. I could keep saying GB but in my computer science mind I just read it as Gigabytes. The poster is welcome to change their name. I haven't seen LV in a while.

Having an issue with the content that GB posts is one thing, mocking his username is another.

Gb never mocked yours, and if he did I've never seen him do it, or to any other poster.

You and clank nick'd his username in a way he objected. To continue is disrespectful.
Last edited by Ub2 on Jun 28th, 2017, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Please lets get back on topic. :topic:
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I actually didn't post that name again after ze said not to. And no mockery was intended. I use barbs as short for barbarians all the time. It rolls off the tongue alright. Figured it'd fit to refer to zir.

But enough about that, i haven't seen you post in any of the threads so far regarding threats, or specifically threats against political figures. So as you're here, what is your stance on them? Do you feel this is the behaviour of a specific ideology, or just the culmination of escalated hatred perpetuated by extreme members of both sides
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Omnitheo wrote:I actually didn't post that name again after ze said not to. And no mockery was intended. I use barbs as short for barbarians all the time. It rolls off the tongue alright. Figured it'd fit to refer to zir.

But enough about that, i haven't seen you post in any of the threads so far regarding threats, or specifically threats against political figures. So as you're here, what is your stance on them? Do you feel this is the behaviour of a specific ideology, or just the culmination of escalated hatred perpetuated by extreme members of both sides

I think serious threats to do harm to our political figures, are reckless and dangerous, no matter which side they come from -- and yes, I agree that much is due to the escalation as you describe above.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:I actually didn't post that name again after ze said not to. And no mockery was intended. I use barbs as short for barbarians all the time. It rolls off the tongue alright. Figured it'd fit to refer to zir.

I honestly don't know what the hell you are saying above or what language you are speaking, but you can call me "GB" or Green Barbarian, thanks. And "him" and "he" are how you would refer to me, not sure what ze or zir is or what you are talking about.

as for my original point about your left fake news talking point - here's what you said:

Rachel Notley is also a woman and has received more death threats than any premier in alberta's history.

This is a bogus statement. No one knows how many death threats were received by premiers in previous decades. So to say that Rachel Notley has received more than anyone else in the entire history of the province makes no sense, as this is an unprovable comment. Instead of just trying to understand my point, you dug deeper and posted some nonsense about premiers going back to 2003. So what? If you had said "Notley has received more death threats than any premier since 2003" I'd say, well ok, maybe that's true, but who cares? But at least maybe all your efforts might have been worth something, instead of being completely worthless, as they turned out.

But let's get to an even bigger point, and that's how easy it is in today's social media environment to threaten politicians. Any idiot with a Facebook account or Twitter account can do it, and as we've seen with Trump, any idiot does. Look at the climate change believing idiots who were celebrating on Facebook and Twitter while Fort McMurray burned. In the old days, to send a politician a death threat, you had to write a letter, mail it, and then wait and see if anything happened. Now you get instant gratification and five hundred "likes" from idiots who are just as dumb as you are. And there is a public record, making it much easier to log death threats, then perhaps in the days of Earnest Manning or William Aberhart. Those guys might have gotten thousands of death threats for all we know, but they were just thrown in the trash. That's why to say that Notley has "the most death threats in Alberta history" is not only a giant load of BS, as this can't be proven, it's also just plain ludicrous.

Good night.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You didn't ask me but definitely the new pronouns are hopefully an experimental stage, soon to be discarded.

Also, I feel that threats are part of a whipping up of extremist language of hatred and rhetoric against ordinary people who happened to campaign and win for their "side." Whichever side that is.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”