GoPetition to Cancel military display at PeachFest

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: GoPetition to Cancel military display at PeachFest

Post by JagXKR »

Maya also did something trying to show that fireworks should be banned because some people get "traumatized" by them. The left will try and cancel all forms of entertainment if it "traumatizes" some of their very sensitive feelings. Boo hoo poor little snowflakes.
As they have a right to stop it and call out those who want it I have an equal right to oppose them and call them out. I have no time for the left and their whacked out ideas. I will be watching the fireworks this weekend and the entire show on Aug 9th. I am extremely happy to see the F18 here with it's bright red color scheme and the show that Captain Matthew "Glib" Kulryk will perform and wow most of us.
I say most because with any topic it seems there is never unanimity and the squeaky wheel is most times just an annoyance and needs to be quieted. A bit of oil and there you go no more noise. Same goes with this moronic petition, made your noise now go away.

Good read
https://assets.skiesmag.com/digital/201 ... index.html
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

JagXKR wrote:Maya also did something trying to show that fireworks should be banned because some people get "traumatized" by them. The left will try and cancel all forms of entertainment if it "traumatizes" some of their very sensitive feelings. Boo hoo poor little snowflakes.
As they have a right to stop it and call out those who want it I have an equal right to oppose them and call them out. I have no time for the left and their whacked out ideas. I will be watching the fireworks this weekend and the entire show on Aug 9th. I am extremely happy to see the F18 here with it's bright red color scheme and the show that Captain Matthew "Glib" Kulryk will perform and wow most of us.
I say most because with any topic it seems there is never unanimity and the squeaky wheel is most times just an annoyance and needs to be quieted. A bit of oil and there you go no more noise. Same goes with this moronic petition, made your noise now go away.

Good read
https://assets.skiesmag.com/digital/201 ... index.html

Do you have proof that the left is behind this? Please post. Thanks in advance.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

If people want to ban military displays because of the cost, then we should also ban each and every single Government activity that isn't directly related to providing some sort of service to the general public. So that would include things like the Canada 150 celebrations (and all Canada Day celebrations in general), Prime Ministerial visits (he can communicate over the airwaves for a lot less), ditto for any kind of ministerial visit at any level of Government, any kind of govt funding for any kind of public parade, Government funding for the arts, and the list goes on. Basically anything that isn't really needed (although I can hear the arguments already about what is and what is not "needed". LOL). But if cost is the only consideration, then I suspect a lot of what Governments currently fund could be done away with.

But, nice idea as that might sound to some, do we REALLY want a world without any of the finer things in life? No more campgrounds in National Parks (they cost money and camping isn't a necessity). No more financial assistance for struggling artists or any kind of cultural events (culture doesn't put food on the table). And no more funding for a myriad of other things we currently take for granted.

Do we REALLY want a world like that?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

RupertBear wrote:

Sorry but no proof and again sorry but I do not answer to you. I look at the people who signed the petition and the type of occupation and the wording in the petition. Mind made up. How about you prove that it wasn't left? No? What I thought.
As this is not a courtroom but an opinion based forum, for the most part, asking me to "show proof" is just a lazy response. Show me I'm wrong and I would most likely apologize but I have a good idea that I am not. I actually read the garbage petition and saw the names and "occupations" of the morons. I decided they are left and my statement stands.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

JagXKR wrote:
RupertBear wrote:

Sorry but no proof and again sorry but I do not answer to you. I look at the people who signed the petition and the type of occupation and the wording in the petition. Mind made up. How about you prove that it wasn't left? No? What I thought.
As this is not a courtroom but an opinion based forum, for the most part, asking me to "show proof" is just a lazy response. Show me I'm wrong and I would most likely apologize but I have a good idea that I am not. I actually read the garbage petition and saw the names and "occupations" of the morons. I decided they are left and my statement stands.

Sorry Jag, I didn't claim they weren't left, so I don't need to prove anything. I simply asked you to back up your claim with proof. But if you're too lazy to research your posts, don't expect me to do it for you. Cheers.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
MattJ
Fledgling

Post by MattJ »

I was born here, and this doesn't offend me in the least. I love watching the Snowbirds demonstration. I'm not changing the way I live or the things I enjoy to suit some refugees. Don't like it? Move somewhere that doesn't have a military.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

For fun,

Here’s a Capt. Matthew Kutryk show.

And here’s an acrobatic writing show from one of my favorite authors, Annie Dillard, The Writing Life—“Dave Rahm was a stunt pilot, the air's own genius. . . .”

Brain Pickings

Annie Dillard on What a Stunt Pilot Knows About Impermanence, Creativity, and the Meaning of Life

http://www.brainpickings.org/2013/06/24 ... dave-rahm/

<snip>

The air show announcer hushed. He had been squawking all day, and now he quit. The crowd stilled. Even the children watched dumbstruck as the slow, black biplane buzzed its way around the air. Rahm made beauty with his whole body; it was pure pattern, and you could watch it happen. The plane moved every way a line can move, and it controlled three dimensions, so the line carved massive and subtle slits in the air like sculptures. The plane looped the loop, seeming to arch its back like a gymnast; it stalled, dropped, and spun out of it climbing; it spiraled and knifed west on one side’s wings and back east on another; it turned cartwheels, which must be physically impossible; it played with its own line like a cat with yarn. How did the pilot know where in the air he was? If he got lost, the ground would swat him.

Rahm did everything his plane could do: tailspins, four-point rolls, flat spins, figure 8’s, snap rolls, and hammerheads. He did pirouettes on the plane’s tail. The other pilots could do these stunts, too, skillfully, one at a time. But Rahm used the plane inexhaustibly, like a brush marking thin air.

His was pure energy and naked spirit. I have thought about it for years. Rahm’s line unrolled in time. Like music, it split the bulging rim of the future along its seam. It pried out the present. We watchers waited for the split-second curve of beauty in the present to reveal itself. The human pilot, Dave Rahm, worked in the cockpit right at the plane’s nose; his very body tore into the future for us and reeled it down upon us like a curling peel.

Like any fine artist, he controlled the tension of the audience’s longing. You desired, unwittingly, a certain kind of roll or climb, or a return to a certain portion of the air, and he fulfilled your hope slantingly, like a poet, or evaded it until you thought you would burst, and then fulfilled it surprisingly, so you gasped and cried out.

The oddest, most exhilarating and exhausting thing was this: he never quit. The music had no periods, no rests or endings; the poetry’s beautiful sentence never ended; the line had no finish; the sculptured forms piled overhead, one into another without surcease. Who could breathe, in a world where rhythm itself had no periods?

Over breakfast I asked him how long he had been dusting crops. “Four years,” he said, and the figure stalled in the air between us for a moment. “You know you’re going to die at it someday,” he added. “We all know it. We accept that; it’s part of it.” I think now that, since the crop duster was in his twenties, he accepted only that he had to say such stuff; privately he counted on skewing the curve. I suppose Rahm knew the fact, too. I do not know how he felt about it. “It’s worth it,” said the early French aviator Mermoz. He was Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s friend. “It’s worth the final smashup.” Rahm smashed up in front of King Hussein, in Jordan, during a performance. The plane spun down and never came out of it; it nosedived into the ground and exploded.

Purity does not lie in separation from but in deeper penetration into the universe,” Teilhard de Chardin wrote. It is hard to imagine a deeper penetration into the universe than Rahm’s last dive in his plane, or than his inexpressible wordless selfless line’s inscribing the air and dissolving. Any other art may be permanent. I cannot recall one Rahm sequence. He improvised. If Christo wraps a building or dyes a harbor, we join his poignant and fierce awareness that the work will be gone in days. Rahm’s plane shed a ribbon in space, a ribbon whose end unraveled in memory while its beginning unfurled as surprise. He may have acknowledged that what he did could be called art, but it would have been, I think, only in the common misusage, which holds art to be the last extreme of skill. Rahm rode the point of the line to the possible; he discovered it and wound it down to show. He made his dazzling probe on the run. “The world is filled, and filled with the Absolute,” Teilhard de Chardin wrote. “To see this is to be made free.”

<snip>

whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

JagXKR wrote:I actually read the garbage petition and saw the names and "occupations" of the morons. I decided they are left and my statement stands.

How can an "occupation" be right or left??

I mean, there were a couple "activists" listed, but activism isn't just an left (or strictly left) "occupation". A good example of this is Lauren Southern, who is a very vocal right activist.

There was also a couple professors that were listed (again, nothing to really link political agenda as there are right and left professors). Heck, there was even a pastor listed! And it seems that people who have strong religious values tend to be more right sides on the political spectrum.
hail Satan y'all
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

whatwhat wrote:
JagXKR wrote:I actually read the garbage petition and saw the names and "occupations" of the morons. I decided they are left and my statement stands.

How can an "occupation" be right or left??

I mean, there were a couple "activists" listed, but activism isn't just an left (or strictly left) "occupation". A good example of this is Lauren Southern, who is a very vocal right activist.

There was also a couple professors that were listed (again, nothing to really link political agenda as there are right and left professors). Heck, there was even a pastor listed! And it seems that people who have strong religious values tend to be more right sides on the political spectrum.

My thoughts exactly. Both Barack Obama and Donald Trump listed their occupations as President of the United States. Is that an left occupation or an right occupation?
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

:topic:

Happy Canada day, folks.

Enjoy the air show et al.

Headin' out to enjoy my free Canada 150 National Parks pass.

:130:
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

WMediumD
_______
gun show
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

David Heap - anti Israeli pro Palestine arrested and jailed in Israel
Dimitri Lascaris - fired by Green Party for criticizing Weaver but NOT after defending terrorist that killed Israelis and submitting an anti-Israel motion at the Green Party National Convention
Yves Engler - Vice President of Concordia U student union, removed from office due to vexatious conduct, also anti Israel
etc
etc
etc
Took less than 5 minutes and these were just some at the top of the list. I stand by what I said. The petition is stupid the people that agree with it or signed it are not anyone I ever wish to talk to. Now go back to your trolling, I'm done with you and the likes of anyone that would ever agree with the people on the list.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

JagXKR wrote:David Heap - anti Israeli pro Palestine arrested and jailed in Israel
Dimitri Lascaris - fired by Green Party for criticizing Weaver but NOT after defending terrorist that killed Israelis and submitting an anti-Israel motion at the Green Party National Convention
Yves Engler - Vice President of Concordia U student union, removed from office due to vexatious conduct, also anti Israel
etc
etc
etc
Took less than 5 minutes and these were just some at the top of the list. I stand by what I said. The petition is stupid the people that agree with it or signed it are not anyone I ever wish to talk to. Now go back to your trolling, I'm done with you and the likes of anyone that would ever agree with the people on the list.

Well said . Time to take out the trash . Shameful anyone could claim to be afraid of the snowbirds . Go hide in your safe place snowflakes .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Spoken like true narcissists. If how your neighbours feel makes not one iota of difference to you, why do you live in a community?
Especially one that you demand give a rat's *bleep* about how you feel?

Before you go lumping me in with the other "snow flakes", read my first post on page one. Though reading may not be your strong suit?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

There was a vintage WW2 bomber doing flyovers in Penticton earlier today. I peed in my shorts a little.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “South Okanagan”