Slow Speed Chase

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Slow Speed Chase

Post by Anonymous123 »

Anyone else notice the pumped up cop elbowing the other cops out of the way so he could give the senior citizen a shot in the head? I'll bet he didn't think anyone was recording his actions.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3567431/penticton-arrest-elderly-man-after-slow-speed-chase-on-highway/
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Slow Speed Chase

Post by Bsuds »

I didn't think it was really necessary to handle an "elderly" man that way. At least not from what was shown in the video.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

The RCMP even said it was a "slow motion chase". I don't think it's necessary to handle anyone that way under those circumstances. I hope the family of the senior has this " peace" officer held accountable for his actions.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Yup, a virile young men putting what's as described as an elderly man on the ground to cuff him.

Apologists, please explain?
Last edited by What_the on Jun 30th, 2017, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

That pig has no business being an officer. Period. He's the only one behaving in an aggressive manner. The second one to the left backs him up, I suspect because it's his job. Tunnel vision, adrenaline from the "chase", whatever.

I expect MORE from an agent of the law that carries a firearm and is authorized to use it.

Elderly man. To have this happen, I'd be thinking stroke if I was an officer.

He got taken down like he was a tattooed gang banger.

The way the rest of the officers were reacting, they were more or less thinking the same thing as me.

Don't even bother quoting me with, "you weren't there".

And people wonder why I don't trust cops initially.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I have to wonder if it was that last car that came speeding up as they were already pulling him over.. Then skidding to a stop jumping out and freaking out..
Maybe no one told him, he did not shoot anyone, rob a bank....so why act like that ?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Ive got him pegged as a testosterone filled crap for brains with a small penis that's over compensating just out for the thrill of the chase.
Any one with an ounce of common sense professionalism would have taken their cue from the relaxed demeanor of his colleagues.

He would have known what was going on over the scanner.

Ive got no time or admiration for chumps like him.
He gives real peace officers a bad rep.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

While I won't comment on the actions of these officers until the facts are presented, it appears at first glance that this elderly driver shouldn't have been behind the wheel in the first place.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

RupertBear wrote:While I won't comment on the actions of these officers until the facts are presented, it appears at first glance that this elderly driver shouldn't have been behind the wheel in the first place.

That does not justify the cops actions. There are lots of people that shouldn't be behind the wheel. Should we send a "hit" squad out to get them?
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Anonymous123 wrote:
RupertBear wrote:While I won't comment on the actions of these officers until the facts are presented, it appears at first glance that this elderly driver shouldn't have been behind the wheel in the first place.

That does not justify the cops actions. There are lots of people that shouldn't be behind the wheel. Should we send a "hit" squad out to get them?

While I admit the video doesn't paint the officer in the best light, again, I will hold my comments until I know the whole story.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

it was a slow speed chase meaning the guy refused to pull over who knows why its still a criminal offence and was treated as such
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Woohoo! Another chance for the armchair experts to microscopically pick every detail of every action apart from a predetermined viewpoint. Pigs? Using that single term alone negates anything of substance related to your further comments. We know nothing else of the story, let alone the actual situation, and what is known is largely blocked by a vehicle from view. Slow moving chase or not, he was removed from his vehicle and restrained. Up to that point he's considered armed and dangerous - "senior" or not.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

WalterWhite wrote:Up to that point he's considered armed and dangerous - "senior" or not.

I disagree, to a point. Yes, our knowledge of what went on at the driver's door is limited, but it is also clear that the officer in question did not take the time to assess the threat level either. I listened to a lengthy radio discussion over the recent ruling that the killing of Andrew Loku by police in Toronto a couple of years back is now deemed a homicide. Among the many things said was that police have a duty to objectively assess a situation before using force at any level, and this clearly did not happen in the event of the low speed chase. The officer was clearly emotionally charged, a dangerous condition for someone obligated to make quick and responsible decisions. I have respect and some sympathy for professionals who spend much of their working hours forced up against the darker side of society, but this type of work takes special skills and not a hot temper.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

WalterWhite wrote:Woohoo! Another chance for the armchair experts to microscopically pick every detail of every action apart from a predetermined viewpoint. Pigs? Using that single term alone negates anything of substance related to your further comments. We know nothing else of the story, let alone the actual situation, and what is known is largely blocked by a vehicle from view. Slow moving chase or not, he was removed from his vehicle and restrained. Up to that point he's considered armed and dangerous - "senior" or not.

Meh, I know them when I See them.
Having known many from both sides of the law.
Your just an apologist for cops that view us as the enemy.

You just don't like my opinion.
Last edited by What_the on Jul 2nd, 2017, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

He pushed by two other officers who were at the door before him and ripped the guy out. Either all the other officers are incompetent or this guy is in the wrong.

Return to “South Okanagan”