Umm, what about Alberta, Justin?

fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: Umm, what about Alberta, Justin?

Post by fvkasm2x »

What_the wrote:Sorry FV, imo you're missing the mark here and calling out those that disagree with your position. Just saying.

Not at all. People are more than welcome to disagree with my position. You and I have had some great debates in the past. I encourage them. Although I have stated I don't really have a position here... I have bigger concerns that someone forgetting my Province in a speech.

I'm calling out people who can't read English well and/or make no sense. So far, it appears to be only 2 people in this thread.

As my example, I am explicitly talking about people who go into a professional meeting in order to pitch a sale, a job, etc... to a new client/firm and get someone's name wrong or don't know what the company sells. I guarantee you, they won't get hired or get the contract. People want to hire people who are on the ball, knowledgeable, prepared, professional, etc...

If you don't think the example is applicable to JT's speech, awesome. Say so and/or tell me why. Or ignore my post completely.

2 people have responded to that example, quoting it, with comments that have nothing to do with my example. Some genius here even quotes my comment, then proceeds to say they don't care or have an opinion on what I said. Then why quote me?

My problem isn't the differing opinion, it's the idiocy of the posts in reply to mine.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

fvkasm2x wrote:I'm calling out people who can't read English well and/or make no sense. So far, it appears to be only 2 people in this thread.

I see you missed my post, or else decided to ignore it and continue to bash me. Either is great :)

Funny how you say the people who replied to you can't read when you obviously didn't even read my original reply to you correctly. Here I'll help you out...
2 people have responded to that example, quoting it, with comments that have nothing to do with my example. Some genius here even quotes my comment, then proceeds to say they don't care or have an opinion on what I said. Then why quote me?

First off, I said I don't care if someone forgets or messes up my name. Didn't say I don't have an opinion about what you said. So take a chill pill bud.

I'll let you go read the rest of my post. Again, take stick out of butt.
hail Satan y'all
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Queen K wrote:GF was so mean to me about it. :-X

Three Hail Mary's or like three of your posts. Hmmmmm, thinking about it, thinking about it.

No one is mean to you... he was just kiddin' around. Everyone here loves you!
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jlabute wrote:
Queen K wrote:GF was so mean to me about it. :-X

Three Hail Mary's or like three of your posts. Hmmmmm, thinking about it, thinking about it.

No one is mean to you... he was just kiddin' around. Everyone here loves you!

:spitcoffee: oh no!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Omnitheo wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to come explain how Trudeau went out of his way to destroy Alberta.

Alberta is full of snowflakes, even in July? :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:

Certainly it's not "the end of the world" but really? How to you think it would go over if Obama had made a 4th of July speech and named everyone but Arkansas?

Politically it was a major gaff, but that's just a standard week for our PM. Trump may tweet something dumb each week bust Justin tends to speak it.

Considering a lot of the west already sees JT as "hating them" do people really think this helped that image?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Trump: I can say all 50 states in 10 seconds.

Electorate: ok. Go for it

Trump: all fifty states.

Joking aside, it wasn't imo a political gaff, just a mistake. I think people should be less sensitive and start taking the new drug Growacet.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Veovis wrote:
Queen K wrote:

Certainly it's not "the end of the world" but really? How to you think it would go over if Obama had made a 4th of July speech and named everyone but Arkansas?

Politically it was a major gaff, but that's just a standard week for our PM. Trump may tweet something dumb each week bust Justin tends to speak it.

Considering a lot of the west already sees JT as "hating them" do people really think this helped that image?

If we go by the numerous "I hate JT" threads and memes on this board, nothing is going to help our PM. Nevermind in AB.
It was dumb, sure, and the OP waited what, 10 seconds to post about it? GF was it even 10 seconds?

And here we are, another "JT is not my PM" thread.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

What_the wrote:Trump: I can say all 50 states in 10 seconds.

Electorate: ok. Go for it

Trump: all fifty states.

Joking aside, it wasn't imo a political gaff, just a mistake. I think people should be less sensitive and start taking the new drug Growacet.

Just like folks stated that Harper saying things that weren't perfect were just honest mistakes too right?.....yet they didn't as he had a responsibility. Can we not hold an equal standard?

He hasn't been as great as he has been someone else.

Do I think he personally hates Alberta? No, is he politically an incompetent boob who has been pretty good at alienating the west like his dad taught him? certainly
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

It would seem the Calgary Mayor has a spine.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/i- ... ailsignout

Calgary’s mayor questioned just how fragile Albertans are after Canada’s prime minister ignited a firestorm on Canada Day when he didn’t give the province a shout out in a speech that listed all of Canada’s other provinces and territories.

In the wake of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s blunder on Parliament Hill and apology —”Got too excited somewhere over the Rockies. Sorry, Alberta,” he tweeted — many Albertans, including politicians, blasted Trudeau for the mistake in his coast-to-coast recitation.

But Calgary’s Mayor Naheed Nenshi said Monday citizens and politicians should focus on real issues, like transit, infrastructure and water services, rather than “worry about perceived insults on a beautiful day.”

“Making a flub in a speech, come on, are we that fragile as Albertans that we really think this is part of a vast conspiracy theory against the province?” Nenshi told reporters.

“Or, are we so sensitive that we are crying that we weren’t listed next to Yukon? This is just silly.”

“Frankly, those who are trying to make political hay out of it, there are big issues we should be working on in this province and I would much rather they focus on that, than on a perceived gaffe,” Nenshi added.

“I make mistakes all the time, I screw up speeches all the time and, usually, people are kind enough to forgive and focus on the content of what I’m doing.”

— With files from Canadian Press
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Still trying to figure out why the prime dipschlit decided that an apology in French was appropriate for Albertans?

Try this:

IMO, it may have been a mistake when he was rattling off the provinces and territories, but the apology in French was calculated.

By calculated, he knows how Quebec despises (is jealous of?) Alberta, and played to that support. Trudeau knows he doesn't need Alberta to win any elections, but he sure needs Quebec.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Or he knows that some communities in Alberta are French and he also said "Alberta I love you, Happy Canada Day," in English.

Fourth largest french speaking population in Canada, so okay, not big but still: maybe it's not calculated the way you've put it out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Albertans

Okay, and why does Quebec despise Alberta?
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Neveready just needed a gentle prompt, like: 'Where did you say some of Canada's worst political ideas and leaders come from?' After the usual preparatory ums, aahs and uuhs, I'm sure he'd have remembered how much he "loves" good old Alberta.

And I'm sure Albertans will take Naheed's advice and start using beautiful days to stew about things like transit, infrastructure and water services. :smt045

Politicians.:138:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Justin (haha) case you forgot what Justin thinks about Alberta and Albertans.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

fvkasm2x wrote:My problem isn't the differing opinion, it's the idiocy of the posts in reply to mine.

Disagreeing with you doesn't = idiocy. People aren't computers and will forget things. Saying that people shouldn't be hired or should be fired based on their abilities to remember names seems extremely petty. Concocting conspiracy theories that the PM forgetting to name a province was a calculated diss also seems really petty.

Return to “Canada”