Terror Attack

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Terror Attack

Post by the truth »

i would think 25 with chance of parole, then out who 10 years later, can she get more time under are terrorist act :135:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

What_the wrote:So is life, life? Or 25 years with or without parole eligibility?

I think there are two components at play, there's obviously the maximum penalties available in Canada, so 25 years without the possibility of parole, but potentially held longer pending risk to reoffend.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

What_the wrote:I pretty much agree with you. The reason i asked was because as I get older, the less "radical" I become. E.g. I don't speed like I used to, don't take chances etc. That's age and growing up.

Just because someone is a gang banger at 20 and disillusioned didn't mean they'll be a gang banger at 40 seeing the end of the line in life.

Hence my question. Just because she's disillusioned extremist now doesn't mean she will be in 20-years. Now, I've noticed people say life imprisonment. In Canada that's 25 years max. Not the same in the US or abroad.

So is life, life? Or 25 years with or without parole eligibility?

Somewhat related here is that you've hit on another cause of terror, and that is in the Islamic world the populations are very young, which causes more radicalization and terror. Syria's population is double what it was a mere 35 years ago. The Gaza strip has an average age of 15 and doubles in population every 35 years. Meanwhile, in Osoyoos, the average age is 60. Not a lot of 60 year olds (or ever 40 year olds) are going to do radical things even if they follow a radical religion.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

60 year olds don't fight battles particularly often either, but they may be leading or mentoring the soldiers.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

the truth wrote: imo a bullet to the head by are govt in the only way to deal with these scumbags

What's the deal with so many people proposing death in threads to deal with problems? Drug addicts? Kill them. Terrorists? Kill them.

How about we don't kill people? Just a thought.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

richardclank wrote:
What's the deal with so many people proposing death in threads to deal with problems? Drug addicts? Kill them. Terrorists? Kill them.

How about we don't kill people? Just a thought.

Jeez jolly green give it up already.
Maybe you think we should condone terrorism too.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sounds like it :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

I'd appreciate it if people could refrain from editorializing my posts and or guessing at my opinions in a lame attempt to demonize me.

I am *not* condoning terrorism and never said this.

I am simply saying I am baffled that the solution to so many problems on this website is to resort to murder.

If we're just going to go around murdering everyone who commits a crime then how does that make us any better than terrorists? Killing is killing. Death is death. Your reasoning for killing people is just as insane as the terrorists.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Let's all just vote liberal and give them money every time they fire off an ied and kill innocent people.
And let's continue giving tax money to big pharma for 700 dollar naxalone that cost 8 bucks just recently.
Let's fill the elementary schools with them.
And let's continue forcing cancer patients to pay for parking at the hospital, and if they really want effective pain relief, let's make them pay $250 a day.

But let's coddle the terrorists and drug dealers.

Western society is currently experiencing the glass half full syndrome.
Wait 30 years.
This type of thinking will be the downfall of it.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

richardclank wrote:
If we're just going to go around murdering everyone who commits a crime then how does that make us any better than terrorists? Killing is killing. Death is death. Your reasoning for killing people is just as insane as the terrorists.

If you kill your enemies, they win!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Yes, but it's not a great prize.
Black Dogs Matter
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

richardclank wrote:If we're just going to go around murdering everyone who commits a crime then how does that make us any better than terrorists? Killing is killing. Death is death. Your reasoning for killing people is just as insane as the terrorists.

So if someone is trying to kill me, and I defend myself by killing them first, I'm bad?

I should let them kill me so I can die with a clear conscience knowing I didn't kill them?

Yeah, that won't be happening.

I'll defend myself and my family from any would be killers, with whatever means possible, including deadly force if there's no other option for us. At least we'll have a fighting chance.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

---------exactly--------------- :up:
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Bman wrote:Let's all just vote liberal and give them money every time they fire off an ied and kill innocent people.
And let's continue giving tax money to big pharma for 700 dollar naxalone that cost 8 bucks just recently.
Let's fill the elementary schools with them.
And let's continue forcing cancer patients to pay for parking at the hospital, and if they really want effective pain relief, let's make them pay $250 a day.

But let's coddle the terrorists and drug dealers.

Western society is currently experiencing the glass half full syndrome.
Wait 30 years.
This type of thinking will be the downfall of it.

I think comparing all this is disingenuous Bman.
Under budgeting healthcare has nothing to do with Any of that.
Starving artist grants, buying "artwork", fireworks etc.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 6th, 2017, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

Return to “Canada”