Boat launch blocker

fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Boat launch blocker

Post by fall »

The rentals are very busy this year. Kelowna boat rentals and Sun Wave.
Counted five at once last night.
They also take up parking lot space going over the boats before and after for damage and the other necessary paperwork.
The rental pontoon boat is permanently at the dock with a 15 minute time limit. Must be a commercial dock now.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

It's not just boat launch blockers. How about this donkey that took up 8 spots at the bertram park lot so that he could deploy his makeshift Uhaul camper complete with deck chairs
ebay image host
Last edited by tsayta on Jul 8th, 2017, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Next time you see it go under the truck with pliers pull the pin on the transmission lever and pull it in to neutral. Auto truck wash [icon_lol2.gif] .
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Last night 10:30 ish, dude left the launch with his boat. Left his truck parked there, trailer in the water, engine running in the truck. Guy was gone.
I really hope they can open the other side soon, as much as I enjoy seeing the gong show sometimes I feel like something more serious is inevitable if it stays this way for long.
Going today, hear tommorow
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Wally wrote:Last night 10:30 ish, dude left the launch with his boat. Left his truck parked there, trailer in the water, engine running in the truck. Guy was gone.
I really hope they can open the other side soon, as much as I enjoy seeing the gong show sometimes I feel like something more serious is inevitable if it stays this way for long.

You should have moved his truck and trailer a few blocks away then gone back to see his face when he returned. :up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Bsuds wrote:
You should have moved his truck and trailer a few blocks away then gone back to see his face when he returned. :up:

It's enough fun navigating my own truck and trailer through the crowds at night, I considered doing something, but after 7 hours on the lake I decided the best course of action was to get my boat home and have a whiskey on my deck. If it happens again I may move it over to the emergency vehicle only spot and look for the $130 parking ticket.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Wally wrote:It's enough fun navigating my own truck and trailer through the crowds at night, I considered doing something, but after 7 hours on the lake I decided the best course of action was to get my boat home and have a whiskey on my deck. If it happens again I may move it over to the emergency vehicle only spot and look for the $130 parking ticket.

Park it in a towaway zone, when he returns let him know "X" towing company has it at their lot.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Went past today, bylaw and police there again. Holy boat rental business traffic clogging the area up.
Its amusing to a point.
* Edited,
Amusing to watch the people waiting and their patience wear thin.
Many eventually confront them, the rentals couldn't care less about public boat traffic.
Last edited by fall on Jul 10th, 2017, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

My guess is that the rentals would rather pay the fines than stop using public launches and not rent boats.
ArcticCatHouse

Post by ArcticCatHouse »

Call Bylaws, 250-469-8686 they will ticket them and hopefully shut them down.
These guys run from tailgates of pickup trucks, no locations. They do next to nothing for orientations, allow people to load the boats up with booze. Just simply fly by nighters in it for the fast cash.
Just a free for all, using the PUBLIC docks for commercial business even through there are laws against that and there are signs on the docks saying no commercial operations allowed.
A few of the businesses are fairly big, running up to 8 vessels and sea-doos, just letting them sit on the docks between rentals for hours on end in the 15 minute loading zones.
They leave there tucks and trailers wherever they want as they go about their business with no regards or care about for the public taxpayers wanting to use the launch.
Saturday was a total *bleep* show with people lined up down Water Street waiting to use the launch as these clowns were busy hogging the lanes and parking.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

phone and complain phone and complain phone and complain its the only way to get results when they get tired of all the phone calls they will run his greasy *bleep* off
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

I kina feel for the rental guys. They proly trying to close as much business as they can in order to catch up.

Been a tough year so far, for them.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I have had a tough decade or two..but I dont expect others to get inconvenienced because of it.
Now a guy shovelling snow by hand...I may cut some slack..
But a guy trying to pay off his boat, without working a sweat, and being a beach bum.......... Well I am just short on sympathy... In fact I may have none left..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
ArcticCatHouse

Post by ArcticCatHouse »

These tailgate boat rental operators have had it great, full summer of taking over the Water street public boat launch, using every boat loading stall, plus leaving trucks and trailers illegally parked for hours on ends the water street boat launch parking lot. Bylaws guys just ignore them as they watch them fill up boats and jetskis with Jerry cans right on open water. Boats and jet skis are moored for hours on end in 15 minute loading zones while they wait for the next customers. Jet skis moored all day long on the side of the launch that says no motorized watercrafts, the side reserved for the dragon boaters. I have never witnessed a bigger gong show down at the boat launch as I have this summer.
Last edited by ArcticCatHouse on Aug 24th, 2017, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

ArcticCatHouse wrote:These tailgate boat rental operators have had it great, full summer of taking over the Water street public boat launch, using every boat loading stall, plus leaving trucks and trailers illegally parked for hours on ends the water street boat launch parking lot. According to by laws they are doing nothing wrong, as they watch them fill up boats and jetskis with Jerry cans right on open water. Boats and jet skis are moored for hours on end in 15 minute loading zones while they wait for the next customers. Jet skis moored all day long on the side of the launch that says no motorized watercrafts, the side reserved for the dragon boaters. I have never witnessed a bigger gong show down at the boat launch as I have this summer.

If the bylaw people say they are doing nothing wrong, doesn't that kind of end it?
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Central Okanagan”