100 Mile House

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

100 Mile House

Post by Hurtlander »

100 Mile House is now under full evacuation order.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: 100 Mile House

Post by maryjane48 »

i was just going to post this . its time for the troops now . our govt needs to act now or people will die . i dont understand the hesitation . better be safe than sorry
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

That is so scarey! Friends just got evacuated from Princeton . How did we go from flood to fire in the blink of an eye?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

motorhomebabe wrote:That is so scarey! Friends just got evacuated from Princeton . How did we go from flood to fire in the blink of an eye?

Crazy right? We forget while we were being bombarded with everything flood related down in the valley - up in the hills the snowpack melted fast with the sudden heat and there was minimal rain in June so it's tinder dry very deep now.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

100 Mile "only" has 2000 residents, but it's the the service centre for a population of 10,000+, and the 3rd largest city in the Cariboo in that respect. I went to high school there, and there were well over 200 in my grad class (most students don't actually live in town). This means that everyone from 70 Mile to Bridge Lake to Forest Grove/Canim Lake to Lac La Hache will have to go to Kamloops or Williams Lake to go shopping.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Glacier wrote:100 Mile "only" has 2000 residents, but it's the the service centre for a population of 10,000+, and the 3rd largest city in the Cariboo in that respect. I went to high school there, and there were well over 200 in my grad class (most students don't actually live in town). This means that everyone from 70 Mile to Bridge Lake to Forest Grove/Canim Lake to Lac La Hache will have to go to Kamloops or Williams Lake to go shopping.

100 Mile House evacuees must register in Prince George, problem is hwy 97 north is closed which forces everyone to go south to Clearwater, then east to Tete Jaune Cache, then north to PG, a very long distance and a real nightmare....any 100 Mile evacuees go elsewhere and don't register in PG, forfeit their share of the assistance money Christy offered up this morning...
Póg Mo Thoin
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hurtlander wrote:100 Mile House evacuees must register in Prince George, problem is hwy 97 north is closed which forces everyone to go south to Clearwater, then east to Tete Jaune Cache, then north to PG, a very long distance and a real nightmare....any 100 Mile evacuees go elsewhere and don't register in PG, forfeit their share of the assistance money Christy offered up this morning...

I hate to correct you here, but Clearwater is not south of 100 Mile. Anyway, you are right, but I would go north up 97 anyway. My friends told me that they are letting people go north to PG, but not south out of PG.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Glacier wrote:
Hurtlander wrote:100 Mile House evacuees must register in Prince George, problem is hwy 97 north is closed which forces everyone to go south to Clearwater, then east to Tete Jaune Cache, then north to PG, a very long distance and a real nightmare....any 100 Mile evacuees go elsewhere and don't register in PG, forfeit their share of the assistance money Christy offered up this morning...

I hate to correct you here, but Clearwater is not south of 100 Mile. Anyway, you are right, but I would go north up 97 anyway. My friends told me that they are letting people go north to PG, but not south out of PG.

Hmmm curious....Yesterday the government asked all the Clearwater, Blue River and Valmount gas stations to stay open all night to accommodate the 100 Mile House evacuees.
Póg Mo Thoin
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hurtlander wrote:Hmmm curious....Yesterday the government asked all the Clearwater, Blue River and Valmount gas stations to stay open all night to accommodate the 100 Mile House evacuees.

Wait, those are my friends north of 100 Mile. I have since learned that they have closed 97 at just north of 100 Mile where the fire jumped the highway, so ya, they'd have to go another way. I'd go out west to Dog Creek, and then north up to Williams Lake. This would take 4 to 5 hours to Prince George instead of 7 hours that the route though Clearwater would take.
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I thought Williams Lake had 3 fires surrounding it? Why would anyone want to go that way?

Crazy times and hope everyone stays safe! I have family in 100 Mile!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fires around Williams Lake are east of town. The Dog Creek Road. comes into town from the south, so you skip the dangerous parts around 150 Mile. You can then drive straight north to Prince George from there.
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cariboord.ca/uploads/2743/42 ... 709_AJ-pdf

updated evac zone from crd if link doesnt work crd website has same info
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Two homes have been lost in 108 Mile House.

Image http://www.100milefreepress.net/news/tw ... -100-mile/
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here today, gone tomorrow...

house1.jpg

house3.jpg

house4.jpg
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

On Wednesday (ish), we are heading into canim lake via backroads by 4x4 jeep to deploy a 4 line auto sprinkler system on the cottage. Going to be a long day. Wish us luck
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”