with 50 lashes
13%

Total votes: 87

westbankkid
Übergod

Start jailing smokers who toss their butt out the car window

Post by westbankkid »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201432

Anyone that tosses their cigarette out the car window should get 5 years in jail..
damama55
Übergod

Re: Start jailing smokers who toss their butt out the car wi

Post by damama55 »

The person that threw the butt out should have his butt kicked. IDIOT--IDIOT--I D I O T ! ! !
As was stated on another thread about butts, grab a container, put some water in it, keep it in your car and, PUT YOUR FREAKING BUTTS IN THAT!!! Don't be stupid and throw them outside, or into a planter, or anywhere where a fire may start. Be smart not stupid. PLEASE

"Fire investigators say $500,000 of damage was caused as a result of a cigarette butt being thrown on the grass outside FormaShape.

“It’s amazing how something carelessly discarded can cause a real toll to local business,” the fire investigator said. "The obvious message is you have to be really careful.”

The components that were destroyed were all finished product that was ready to be shipped."
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

if it starts a fire then jail.if they get caught carelessly discarding butts then they should have to do community service til they pick up their weight in discarded cigarette butts
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

FINALLY THIS THREAD ! Damamma you nailed it. Having lived here 30 yrs and seen the increase in stupid *bleep* road side fires which are usually caused by .....duh ! ....anyone guessed it yet ? Tossed butts. Maybe all BC license plates should have chips embedded. Maybe that way the authorities will know who is WHERE. Oh sure blah blah blah the moaning & groaning ..Big Brother it's my constitutional right to be wherever I want to be. Whatever !!!! How about - If you ain't doing anything stupid you have nothing to hide. Just a thought - and a thought from my stupid scared head as I realize we all are sitting ducks here In the central Okanagan once again. Lots of forest still Mother Nature still has her eyes on. Out here in Lake Country there are a few subdivisions (one road in/one road out) I'd be pretty nervous about living in.

What's every community's buzzword slogan these days .... 'We're open for business'. Not so much when it's up in smoke!
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Well - that escalated quickly. :)
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

damama55 wrote:The person that threw the butt out should have his butt kicked. IDIOT--IDIOT--I D I O T ! ! !
As was stated on another thread about butts, grab a container, put some water in it, keep it in your car and, PUT YOUR FREAKING BUTTS IN THAT!!! Don't be stupid and throw them outside, or into a planter, or anywhere where a fire may start. Be smart not stupid. PLEASE

"Fire investigators say $500,000 of damage was caused as a result of a cigarette butt being thrown on the grass outside FormaShape.

“It’s amazing how something carelessly discarded can cause a real toll to local business,” the fire investigator said. "The obvious message is you have to be really careful.”

The components that were destroyed were all finished product that was ready to be shipped."

I think it is totally irresponsible to allow the weeds to grow around your property ( or don't cut the grass) and then park all your high value finished products next to it and even giving a moments thought to how safe that was. For the same reason people who live in forested areas should keep the ladder fuels from accumulating. You just don't know where that spark is going to come from, be it motorbike or equipment, lighted butt or arson. Don't make yourself a sitting duck, keep your property clean, there are too many ways for a fire to take hold in the right temperatures and humidity.
We lived on Benvoulin Road and every spring we burned off the tall grasses that surrounded our property. One spring it was early in the day and my brother in law was helping burn. It was hard to keep the fire lit. It was too cool and humidity was too high. That all changed very rapidly and then we could not stop the fire and my brother in law couldn't stop lighting more fire and it evolved into me beating it with wet sacks to put it out while fire bug was lighting up even more grass. It was a panic inducing moment but we finally got buddy to stop and we got it all under control. That experience taught me the speed with which conditions can change for the worse in seconds. Buddy moved to Princeton where he managed to burn down the neighbours shed while playing with fire. And since he did not have insurance or any money it was the other guy who picked up the tab.
Waste not
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

What do you mean "start" ?
The Rock creek fire starter got jail.

It's kinda hard to prove in most cases.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

"Grandan-
I think it is totally irresponsible to allow the weeds to grow around your property ( or don't cut the grass) and then park all your high value finished products next to it and even giving a moments thought to how safe that was. For the same reason people who live in forested areas should keep the ladder fuels from accumulating. You just don't know where that spark is going to come from, be it motorbike or equipment, lighted butt or arson. Don't make yourself a sitting duck, keep your property clean, there are too many ways for a fire to take hold in the right temperatures and humidity."
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Check around your property, and do a general tidying up of ANYTHING that can feed a fire. A fire that may be started from any number of reasons, but probably more than likely, carelessness.
Please, Folks, take a few minutes and see what you might do to remove whatever might feed a fire. After the fact won't be much comfort to wish you had. The life, the house or the property you save, may be your own.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

No, put them in a cage in town central and let people throw vegetables at them all day.

That or drag them into the street and shoot them in the head.

Not even joking, fck people who do this.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

A few years back I honked at a guy who tossed his butt when stopped at a light with tinder dry grass shoulders. He looked back and I yelled, "keep your butts in your car please." He obviously wasn't impressed so he flipped me the bird. I got out of my car, grabbed his smouldering butt and said, " here, let me help you", then tossed it through his open driver's window into his back seat. Went back to my car and drove around him while he scrambled to save his upholstery. Think he got the message which is, there are idiots out there like me who will sometimes take matters into their own hands.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Poindexter wrote:A few years back I honked at a guy who tossed his butt when stopped at a light with tinder dry grass shoulders. He looked back and I yelled, "keep your butts in your car please." He obviously wasn't impressed so he flipped me the bird. I got out of my car, grabbed his smouldering butt and said, " here, let me help you", then tossed it through his open driver's window into his back seat. Went back to my car and drove around him while he scrambled to save his upholstery. Think he got the message which is, there are idiots out there like me who will sometimes take matters into their own hands.

YES!

:130: :up:
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

Poindexter wrote:A few years back I honked at a guy who tossed his butt when stopped at a light with tinder dry grass shoulders. He looked back and I yelled, "keep your butts in your car please." He obviously wasn't impressed so he flipped me the bird. I got out of my car, grabbed his smouldering butt and said, " here, let me help you", then tossed it through his open driver's window into his back seat. Went back to my car and drove around him while he scrambled to save his upholstery. Think he got the message which is, there are idiots out there like me who will sometimes take matters into their own hands.

Bad *bleep*

I like it! We need more people like you, put the idiots on notice, this isn't a game we all live in a tinder box that wants to explode.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I've wanted to do the same thing with dog leavings
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Its should be a $10000 fine. These careless ignorant brain dead smokers need to be taught a lesson.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201766 ... 575-ticket
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Gixxer wrote:Its should be a $10000 fine. These careless ignorant brain dead smokers need to be taught a lesson.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201766 ... 575-ticket

Good idea. Let's make the fines so high that very few will actually pay them and so they'll be of no real deterrent value at all. That way we, who naturally have never done a stupid, careless thing in our lives can harumph and gloat all the more about those ignorant brain dead others who have, as we drive them into bankruptcy. Heck, maybe we can make the fines for speeding and distracted driving that high too.

Honestly, I think $575 is an absolutely fair penalty for doing something so stupid and being lucky enough that it didn't actually start a fire.

Return to “Central Okanagan”