Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

BeingHuman
Board Meister

Re: Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

Post by BeingHuman »

WOW... we kicked the Harper Government to the curb more than a year ago, and they are still costing the taxpayer millions of dollars... thanks a lot Cons!!!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Omnitheo wrote:So you would rather the government spend three times as much fighting against the rights of one of its citizens and still lose, than compensate a citizen of Canada who had his rights denied while we turned a blind eye to his torture?

For sure. Better to spend that money in our court system to protect the values Canadians have fought and died for, than to claim a "savings" of $20 million and promptly hand it over to the Clintons.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Rwede wrote: Better to spend that money in our court system to protect the values Canadians have fought and died for, ...

:135: Canadians fought and died so that Canadian citizens could have their rights violated by our government, be branded as a war criminal as a child in a combat zone and be tortured by another country's military force ? That isn't why I served.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:WOW... we kicked the Harper Government to the curb more than a year ago, and they are still costing the taxpayer millions of dollars... thanks a lot Cons!!!

Justin Trudeau is a member of the Conservative Party now? Really?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote: :135: Canadians fought and died so that Canadian citizens could have their rights violated by our government, be branded as a war criminal as a child in a combat zone and be tortured by another country's military force ? That isn't why I served.

It looks like several here served for the right to completely misrepresent events as they occurred with Omar Khadr such that they can try and spin on internet boards an insanely stupid decision to pay out a murdering terrorist $10.5 million of taxpayer cash. That's what it looks like to me.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

fact, the guy is a waste of human skin , was and is a muslim terrorist
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Oh Canada - you dummass.jpg
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
BeingHuman wrote:WOW... we kicked the Harper Government to the curb more than a year ago, and they are still costing the taxpayer millions of dollars... thanks a lot Cons!!!

Justin Trudeau is a member of the Conservative Party now? Really?

The Conservative Clowns in power, both violated, and allowed another country to violate, the basic "human rights" of a Canadian Citizen! I say Conservative Clowns because they couldn't even learn from the Maher Arar lawsuit, which, by the way our government reached a $10 Million dollar settlement with back in 2007.

Good thing Canadians, and British Columbians, have decided to move our country, and province, away from incompetence by booting the Cons, and their idiot ideological thinking, to the curb!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

BeingHuman wrote:
The Conservative Clowns in power, both violated, and allowed another country to violate, the basic "human rights" of a Canadian Citizen!

Actually, it was the Liberal Clowns in power under Chretien and Martin, but don't let the truth stand in the way of your blind insidious hatred. I realize that you are seething to somehow deflect from the stupidity of Justin and his gang of Air-heads, but it was Justin's crooked Uncle Jean that started this whole Khadr mess. The Liberals are gone in 2019, and Omar Khadr is the main reason. There are many other horribly stupid decisions made by Justin but this one is unforgiveable. Shame Justin. Shame on you.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote: :135: Canadians fought and died so that Canadian citizens could have their rights violated by our government, be branded as a war criminal as a child in a combat zone and be tortured by another country's military force ? That isn't why I served.

It looks like several here served for the right to completely misrepresent events as they occurred with Omar Khadr such that they can try and spin on internet boards an insanely stupid decision to pay out a murdering terrorist $10.5 million of taxpayer cash. That's what it looks like to me.

Through your lens, perhaps. To non ideologues that live the Canadian ideal, different story.

Meh, your right wing cohorts have spun things quite spectacularly and I've pointed out several...many times throughout these type threads, being "right" is subjective. Perhaps that may be too cerebral for the many, I don't know. What I do think certainly, this right wing line of thinking isn't far off from, gasp, "terrorism". Because anybody that doesn't have billions dollar "defence budgets" and wage war with what they have...wait for it, are terrorists. SM Effing H

String me up.

Though I speak out for the right to say such self absorbed drivel, it truly leaves ashes in my mouth.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And holy ####, the level of absurd hypocrisy just loftily glides silently over some's head.

The Spin in its grandeur is no less than the fourth of July fireworks.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

What_the wrote:
To non ideologues that live the Canadian ideal, different story.

Actually, I don't see anyone who agrees with paying a murdering terrorist as "living the Canadian ideal". You may be living the "North Korean ideal", or the "Cuban ideal", or the "Venezuelan ideal", but not the Canadian ideal. In my Canada, terrorist traitors who leave the country to fight against Canadian soldiers for the right to enslave women and stone people to death in stadiums don't get paid $10.5 million. But I can see that anyone who supports this payment would have ashes in their mouth, and ashes in their heads.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: It looks like several here served for the right to completely misrepresent events as they occurred with Omar Khadr ...

Yup, that's what it looks like to me too :smt045

In my Canada, children abducted by their fathers and taken to war zones to be brainwashed into becoming children soldiers are held culpable for the acts adult soldiers are expected to commit. People get killed in combat zones, but in my Canada, even if the enemy combatant is a child, we capture them and turn them over to the Americans to be tortured
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:fact, the guy is a waste of human skin , was and is a muslim terrorist

wheres your proof ? a document that the us soldier admits to changing after the fact ?

Return to “Canada”