Trump discussion

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by Jflem1983 »

Brita are a fickle bunch lol . I can't help but agree Trump is weak on foreign policy in some respects . On a whole though his first 100 days went by without any big incidents
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

sobrohusfat wrote:Barney Google, You may enjoy hearing why this "American Jesus" is surprised to find Trump isn't so bad after all....

https://www.facebook.com/An0malyMusic/? ... UM&fref=nf

Appreciate the link too, in some ways he demonstrates the horsehoe theory at work. There are many things the far left and right agree on such as anti-globilization (TPP), anti-neocon (Hillary) and anti-human trafficking (not sure who supports this but he may be giving Sessions credit where credit is due).

There are however issues where the horseshoe theory misses the mark and I'll have to look at more of his stuff to understand how he reconciles these. Things such as the war on drugs (Sessions personal pet project), welfare (Republicans could do away with the entirety of it, Democrats have it considerably expanded), healthcare (Republicans want it 100% private, Democrats 100% government), military (Less obvious, but Republicans support stronger military than Democrats), taxation (Democrats support a much more progressive taxation than Republicans).

Then there is the Russian issue where he thinks all is cool between the two countries and the US media is to blame. In my mind Don Jr's released emials should change all this. The meeting was cearly arranged to exchange hacked information from a US citizen (Podesta), for doing away with the Magnitsky Act.

I'll read a little more of his stuff and watch a few more videos because I'm interested to see how he sees these issues from his perspective.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

so a russian spokesperson comes out and says russia is close to getting the sanctions lifted on the 2 properties being used as spy bases that were taken from them . whats next ? putin as honoray president ? keys to wash dc ? [icon_lol2.gif]

https://www.google.ca/amp/abcnews.go.co ... 3D48679702

Russian official said after a high-level meeting with Trump administration officials that the two countries have "almost" reached a deal for the U.S. to return two diplomatic compounds to Russian control.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov had just left the meeting at the U.S. State Department early Monday evening when he responded to a shouted question about whether the two countries are close to a deal on the Russian compounds.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

trumpcare in now dead and trump is now threating to work with the dems to make the gop senators against trumpcare look bad .
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Okay so Trumpetta has his highly publicized meeting with Putinessca at the G20...was scheduled for 30 minutes...

goes well over two hours. Both coming across as chummy, chummy relaxed long time bros.

Then during a fancy schmancy head of state dinner...in front of everyone....by passing ALL other world Leaders...

including Canada's Prince Charming Trudeau...and strides over to Vlad, with no translator, to have a private convo

during dessert.

:laugh:

Na...these two guys don't know each other...never met before...never talked to each other before... [icon_lol2.gif]

Collusion, Mr. Trump, is stuck to your shoe and it's starting to stink real bad in the White House.

Funny thing is...you keep stepping in it all by your itty bitty self... [icon_lol2.gif]
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

maryjane48 wrote:trumpcare in now dead and trump is now threating to work with the dems to make the gop senators against trumpcare look bad .

What a blundering blow-heart.

I betcha that nincompoop hasn't read a single word of either the Obamacare documents OR

'His' own 'trumped' up version of "Making America's Health Care Great Again"...lol
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Barney, let's not forget about the second private meeting between Trump and Putin with only Putin's translater also present. Or how this violates security policy. Oh what secrets were shared?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i bet putin said look you fool your making it look to obvious , we supposed to be enemies. [icon_lol2.gif]
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The sad part of the Trump administration is the lack of true leadership.

I am not a fan of Obamacare, it sucks, but it is better than nothing.

Trump keeps waffling between nothing, something worse than Obamacare, and destroying Obamacare (which he is quietly trying to do in the background). That's not leadership.

Asking the US House and Senate to come up with a key new bill is like asking a group of 600 office workers to decide on a new color scheme and decor for their work space. They are probably almost ALL in agreement with the notion that the place is shabby and getting grubby and tired looking. But asking them to choose everything from paint color to trim color, upholstery, carpets, tiles, toilet styles etc. etc. - that's a recipe for never having a decision and never getting the project going.

The Trump administration has to lead. Trump has to give the House and Senate a framework, an actual piece of legislation that they can amend and call their own. Craft it with a few obvious fluffs in there, so that way Trump can call Ryan and say, "listen, have a look at article 4, paragraphs C & D, we're not sure about those". Ryan and crew can the triumphantly claim that they have improved the bill, and pass it onto the Senate. Then call McConnell, "listen, have a look at article 17, paragraph A, and article 26, paragraphs E and F - we're not sure about those". The McConnell and crew can triumphantly claim that they have improved the bill and return it to the House. Make sure that the "fluffs" are designed so that the CBO score is better when the House and Senate amendments are done.

In relatively short order (yah, the House and Senate will muck about and "deliberate"), a bill arrives on Trump's desk, and it is exactly what he wanted.

That's what a leader does. Trump ain't doin' that.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

No President is ever above the Rule of Law or the Constitution
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 21st, 2017, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Spicer resigns as The Donald wants to see if he can pardon himself and his family member from Russian inquiries. :up:

Good one!!!

All fake news...all nothing burgers...lol
Last edited by Barney Google on Jul 21st, 2017, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Unknown
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

This resignation has been coming for weeks. A lot of people hitched their carts to Trump. It took some longer than others to realize the cart was being pulled by a jackass.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

RupertBear wrote:This resignation has been coming for weeks. A lot of people hitched their carts to Trump. It took some longer than others to realize the cart was being pulled by a jackass.

It really comes of little surprise to note the increasing number of former Trump supporters quietly trying to distance themselves from that buffoon. The decline of America is well underway, and thanks to Trump, the United States has never been more irrelevant (other than still having the ability to start a war). What a sad and embarrassing time for our southern neighbors. What is sadly amusing is the determination some posters here have to continue humiliating themselves by still making excuses for this clown. Talk about self-shaming dribble. At this point it is hard to take any of them seriously on any topic.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Sessions reminds me of Nixon..."I am not a crook"..."there were no meetings with Russians". [icon_lol2.gif]
- Unknown

Return to “World”