BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

Post by Treblehook »

I am really not so cynical or skeptical as to believe that the BC Liberals or any other Provincial government would turn their backs on viable and valuable firefighting equipment without some very solid reason for doing so. If the government has decided not to use the assets of Coulson, then there is probably more to the story than has been said throughout this thread.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 17th, 2017, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 17th, 2017, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

And I'm not so naive or gullible to believe everything the government of the day tells me.

A good policy in dealing with any elected government. :up:

Instead....look at the facts and stats.
16 years of the Liberal Government gave us:

1) A balanced budget.
2) Tied with Manitoba for the lowest unemployment rate in the country.
3) Leading the country in economic growth.
4) Leading the country in Education and Skills (third place in the world!!)
5) Leading the country in Life Expectancy.

Oh I am sure that the NDP will come back in a few weeks with "OH NOES!! things are terrible and the province is going down in flames.......about all those expensive promises we made trying to get elected...."
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed* the proofs in how many people wayne has saved plus his equipment is more hightech .

and prove that article was written by a pilot. and why wouldnt a smaller company write it to try and save their jobs ? if we have better pilots and aircraft not being used i would call that negligence .
Last edited by ferri on Jul 17th, 2017, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

If you think it's such a good policy, why are you enumerating the BC Liberal talking points here? There's no proof, simply election campaign bafflegab.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

lasnomadas wrote:And I'm not so naive or gullible to believe everything the government of the day tells me.
Very good. Its when you believe nothing the government tells you and believe every opposing story is when you cross into the threshold of the tinfoil hat.

You haven't gone there yet have you? Am I going to find you in conspiracy?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Getting back to the title.... I can see why the government won't use the Mars ....it's currently broken.
Coulson has a fleet of S-61's that have been used in the past for fire fighting.
Just throwing it out there but I believe the ministry has hourly rates for standby and flying aircraft and a company will provide an aircraft with a contract at the agreed upon rates. I can't see a Bell 212 on the Princeton fire getting more that a 212 say on the Williams Lake fires. Standard province wide rates. So, seeing a S-61 in Canadian Helicopters old colours, bucketing in a news clip makes me wonder if Coulson is not happy with the rates? I know the US usually pays a bit higher rate in US dollars, so perhaps that is where Wayne is happy flying his helicopters.
The S-76 is not an efficient lifter, it is a people mover. Same helicopter that Helijet uses. Not sure of Coulson's choice of power plant though but would not change the lift capacity too much. Expensive helicopter to fly and the legacy aircraft lift more for less $$.

Just a thought...perhaps we might find out later the real reasons.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I want everyone to simmer down, stop making this personal and get back on topic. The next one that makes it personal is going on the queue.

The End
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Mars bomber isn't available and when it does become available sometime next month the new government can decide if it wants to have it on standby. For now, if it's not available it's not available.

As for Coulson's night helicopters, they sound good and maybe they have a place in the firefighting, but from the reading I've done night firefighting from the air is controversial. The pilots involved with night firefighting are in more danger than are pilots doing the same thing during the day and there are issues around the ground crews that are working at night.

I want the RIGHT decisions made. I don't want the decisions to be political and I don't want them made on the basis of public sentiment that might or might not be based on sound principles. People love the Mars bomber and people might love the idea of helicopters that can help fight fires at night but let's use the best practices whatever they may be.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://fireaviation.com/tag/coulson/

more on wayne and his fixed wing craft :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://altara.aero/index.php/altara-con ... elicopters

wayne getting night vision cert for australia on his choppers :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The Coulson RADS-XXL C-130 tanking system is a modular, gravity flow system that consists of two parts; a permanently installed “lower hopper” that is low impact to the airframe and usually installed at a Lockheed Martin Authorized Service Center, and an “upper hopper” that is removable and installs in less than one hour. When the upper hopper is removed, the aircraft goes back to a standard cargo configuration and has no airframe restrictions. “This system is ideal for militaries around the world who have wildfires in their countries and are looking to supplement existing resources with a cost effective airtanker by utilizing existing C-130 aircraft and crews,” states Britt.

now in that statement you will notice it only takes an hour to roll the upper tanks in. the lower can be installed at lock head . not months ,hours .

http://www.businessworld-magazine.com/b ... crane-ltd/
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vertica ... -html/amp/

turns out waynes chopper are approved by transport canada already for night time fire fighting. and his sikorskie choppers are unmatched anywhere by any other manufacture . the sikorskies are top the line and very fast with extremly talented pilots :130:

Return to “B.C.”