BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

Post by flamingfingers »

TRYING to get back on topic here. I think that the Horgan government will look at ALL resources that can help suppress forest fires and if Coulson has resources that can assist this effort I expect Horgan will call on him. This should NOT be a partisan issue.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:TRYING to get back on topic here. I think that the Horgan government will look at ALL resources that can help suppress forest fires and if Coulson has resources that can assist this effort I expect Horgan will call on him. This should NOT be a partisan issue.

I agree with you that this should NOT be a partisan issue but look at the thread title. To Horgan's credit he's not made it a partisan issue.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

For the record, the correct answer was cranberries - definitely not hemlock. Pretty sure the hemlock is still sitting in the bottom of the lake - another Can Arc folly.

All along through this discussion I've been thinking... but, Coulson heli-logs at night, or at least they have.

I'd suspect the NVG would give you a heck of a flare too, but I think it's safe to say the primary buyer of this technology is used to things flaring up. (US military bombs at night, do they not?)

CDF has been heli-tank'n at night for at least a year that I'm aware of...

(and, I see the resemblance, but I seem to recall Gord ended up being awfully wet that day. So I don't think it's him, but you know... just another adventure from days gone by.)

:topic:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

So now that Horgan is at the helm, and if Coulson doesn't secure a contract with the new government - I'm safe to assume that's the end of this thread for some? :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Dizzy1 wrote:So now that Horgan is at the helm, and if Coulson doesn't secure a contract with the new government - I'm safe to assume that's the end of this thread for some? :up:

Yes now that the GreenDP (the Greens are still around aren't they, haven't heard a peep out of the basket Weaver lately) is here to save the day I'm sure we'll see Coulson's B737's dropping retardant around the province within the week (apparently it only takes a week to convert and certify them after all, or at least so says one internet expert on here). [icon_lol2.gif]

Oh, and lets not forget Coulson's night vision equipped helo's with their TC Certifications to fight fires at night in BC!

Come on Hulk Horgan, what's taking you so long?? Get on it already! :130:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The NDP have been in power for over a month now so is the Mars bomber being used to fight fires in BC?
Last edited by Urbane on Aug 18th, 2017, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Dizzy1 wrote:So now that Horgan is at the helm, and if Coulson doesn't secure a contract with the new government - I'm safe to assume that's the end of this thread for some? :up:

by the time he figures out how to write a contract we will have 10 feet of snow on the mountains
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Urbane wrote:The NDP have been in power for over a month now so is the Mars bomber being used to fight fires in BC?

lol hypocrite much . yyou already know why waymlne isnt working fires and clark is main reason
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

bclibs screwed that up for this year . its on team clark :smt045
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@Urbane:
Why don't you do a search? I did, and there has been no news from Coulson as to when the Mars will be available again. The latest I could find was a news item on Global back in July before the NDP was sworn in as our new government. I expect that when Coulson informs the government that the Mars is ready, the MSM will report that information.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:bclibs screwed that up for this year . its on team clark :smt045
John Horgan and the NDP have been in office since July 18th and Christy Clark is stopping the government from using Coulson's aircraft? LOL.

@Urbane from Lasnomadas:
Why don't you do a search? I did, and there has been no news from Coulson as to when the Mars will be available again. The latest I could find was a news item on Global back in July before the NDP was sworn in as our new government. I expect that when Coulson informs the government that the Mars is ready, the MSM will report that information.

I did and found no evidence that the new government is using Coulson's aircraft. I think the thread title should be changed to "BC NDP won't let Coulson work the fires."
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I know of a heavy lift helicopter that was released not long ago and went back logging....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I did a search as well, Urb, and since I don't 'do' Facebook, all I could find out was that the Mars has just come back on stream this week. Does Horgan know this? Maybe we should call him. [icon_lol2.gif]
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:I did a search as well, Urb, and since I don't 'do' Facebook, all I could find out was that the Mars has just come back on stream this week. Does Horgan know this? Maybe we should call him. [icon_lol2.gif]
I think it's been established now that this thread was a failed attempt to make the firefighting into a political issue when it isn't. I had no doubt that the Liberal government was trying its best to fight the fires and I have no doubt that the NDP government has been trying its best as well.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

it was a spelled out in beggiining when clark was still premier corrupt. wayne said she wasnt interested because he wasnt a bclib lobbyist looking for backroom deal . the point of the thread was to point that out . the initial responce to when these fires started when bclibs were still in control was confused and almost borderline inept . lots of proof of that . it wasnt until ndp tookk over things improved :smt045

Return to “B.C.”