Warning signs - other drivers to watch.

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Warning signs - other drivers to watch.

Post by Bsuds »

Purple is a popular color these days too.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

neilsimon wrote:
lightspeed wrote:...
Sounds like he's a good candidate for watching defensive driving and advanced videos. Lots of tips and tutorials on YT.

You can still buy https://www.amazon.ca/Roadcraft-Police-Drivers-Handbook-Foundation-ebook/dp/B00O8SQ446/ref=sr_1_1?ie it's a good read and makes for a cheap gift. UK police manual so just reverse the lanes/direction of travel when reading.

Excellent recommendation, that book has more wisdom than the entirety of the ICBC website combined. The IAM instructors are excellent and have excellent advice. They also drive pretty fast too from my experience and are definitely not always obeying the limit, but they seem to be well in control. I was on a track with one and he was almost as quick in his Suzuki Cappuccino as I was in my Seven-a-like, but he was always cool as a cucumber when getting out after a stint on the track (while I was sweating like a pig)

Indeed. A competent driver is not a slow, ponderous, overly cautious, terrified driver. Trying to be "safe" makes you a menace on the roads.

Hard to comprehend for many drivers, but you clearly know your stuff.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Dashcam warriors - watch some of these yahoo's on YouTube and their driving is even more reckless than those they're trying to shame.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Lane-hoppers are to be watched as well, as are all who look agitated and impatient.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

kgcayenne wrote:Lane-hoppers are to be watched as well, as are all who look agitated and impatient.

Lately I've been seeing an increasing amount of those faces, its little scary. You never know what they are about to do.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”