Doctors taking new patients

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Doctors taking new patients

Post by alfred2 »

Does anyone know if there are any doctors in Kelowna taking new patients.Our doc moved and we are left with no doctor.
Thanks
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Doctors taking new patients

Post by OldBlindDog »

Good luck. It's nearly impossible to find a doctor accepting new patients in this town.

https://www.cpsbc.ca

23 pages of search results for active family physicians in Kelowna, and not a single result if you filter for doctors accepting new patients.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

drove by the walkin clinic in west kelowna this morning around 830 and there must have been 20 people lined up outside
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

Go to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC website: https://cpsbc.ca/

Search Kelowna in the Physicians Directory under Family Physicians and check the 'Accepting New Patients' box.

Best of luck!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Using physician search, if you willing to travel to Winfield there is 1 accepting new patients:
Dr. Jan, Paleta
802-11850 Oceola Rd
Lake Country, BC
V4V 2T5
T: 7784806890
Practice type: General Family PracticeCCFP
Accepting new patients: Yes
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Wouldn't your old doctor have referred you to a new one when he left? Or had a replacement taking over his patients?

When my doctor retired, I was immediately transferred to his replacement- I didn't have to do anything.

Seems a bit strange that a family physician with a case load of say 200 patients that they would all be left to their own devices in finding a new doctor-especially when there are so few accepting new patients.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

A family physician with 200 patients?
How sick are people?
Do they each go twice a month?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Bman wrote:A family physician with 200 patients?
How sick are people?

Teehee! You're funny. :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Good luck finding a good doctor. It was tough 10 years ago when there were at least several clinics around.
I pretty much have to book an appointment with my doctor months in advance now that his clinic closed.

Bman wrote:A family physician with 200 patients?
How sick are people?

you got me wondering the same thing:
After a google search, 200 is a little low but not that bad of a guess.
The answer is between 300 to more than 3000
http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2014/05/man ... -care.html
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

There should be a 5-10$ fee for each visit. Would deter people from going for every little issue.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Shortly after moving here I looked around for a Doctor found one fresh out of medical school. I'm not about to give him up, turned out to be 1 hell of a Doctor.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

goalie wrote:There should be a 5-10$ fee for each visit. Would deter people from going for every little issue.

While i agree that some people do tend to go in for silly reasons, charging people for visits would kinda be tough if you've suffered from a major health issue and have many follow ups. Could mean multiple visits over a certain period.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

goalie wrote:There should be a 5-10$ fee for each visit. Would deter people from going for every little issue.

Those little issues should be taken to the walk in clinics, to free up appointment needed Dr offices.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Loki2u wrote:Wouldn't your old doctor have referred you to a new one when he left? Or had a replacement taking over his patients?

When my doctor retired, I was immediately transferred to his replacement- I didn't have to do anything.

Seems a bit strange that a family physician with a case load of say 200 patients that they would all be left to their own devices in finding a new doctor-especially when there are so few accepting new patients.

same here, my gp of 15 years retired last year ,new doctor took over all his patients i also had to do nothing :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

the truth wrote:
Loki2u wrote:Wouldn't your old doctor have referred you to a new one when he left? Or had a replacement taking over his patients?

same here, my gp of 15 years retired last year ,new doctor took over all his patients i also had to do nothing :up:

Our family as well. Our now retired doc transferred everything to a new doctor.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Health”