BC Wildfire Map

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: BC Wildfire Map

Post by Glacier »

Iamsomeone wrote:Effective at noon on Friday, July 7, 2017, campfires will be prohibited throughout the Cariboo Fire Centre's jurisdiction to help prevent human-caused wildfires and protect public safety.

You're being a bit bothersome right now. Sheesh.

I'm just pointing out a minor technicality. Sorry to be anal, but your quote is the same thing as saying "campfires will be prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre's jurisdiction including the Queen Charlottes and the fog zone."

The coastal fire ban as it stands now is the same as the Cariboo was on June 30th.

BTW, the website only shows the latest bans. If there's a change in a given jurisdiction, it overwrites what was written before, so the dates you see are merely the latest bans, not the earliest bans, though only the Chilcotin had fire bans before July 6th.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

West Kelowna is shown as extreme - the boards in various spots are marked extreme as well along Westside Road.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Untitled.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Glacier wrote:
I'm just pointing out a minor technicality. Sorry to be anal, but your quote is the same thing as saying "campfires will be prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre's jurisdiction including the Queen Charlottes and the fog zone."

The coastal fire ban as it stands now is the same as the Cariboo was on June 30th.

BTW, the website only shows the latest bans. If there's a change in a given jurisdiction, it overwrites what was written before, so the dates you see are merely the latest bans, not the earliest bans, though only the Chilcotin had fire bans before July 6th.

Okay. :up:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I thought their was Province wide campfire/open fire ban put into place at the beginning of July.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScri ... s/Bans.asp
Can't for the life of me understand why the need for a campfire in 35 degree weather.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Fancy wrote:http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp
Can't for the life of me understand why the need for a campfire in 35 degree weather.

Because it is not 35 at night
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's not cold either and we are talking about "need".
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I can see this monte Lake smoke from my driveway here in upper mission. Like *bleep*, it's so dangerous out there things can change within hours. Friggin scary
***why is Watermelon Tomato Fries considered bleepable????
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
dale mck

Post by dale mck »

With all due respect,,,,,things can change in minutes, at this point hours would be a luxury !
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

dale mck wrote:With all due respect,,,,,things can change in minutes, at this point hours would be a luxury !

No doubt my friend
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Duck Range Road has a lot of farms and houses on it. Right down to Pritchard. And Paxton Valley Road, don't get me started, never mind all the cattle that range those roads. This is a very serious situation.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Fancy wrote:It's not cold either and we are talking about "need".

+1 at my mom's house yesterday morning.
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Glacier wrote:
Fancy wrote:It's not cold either and we are talking about "need".

+1 at my mom's house yesterday morning.

That's quite a difference between 30+ during the day - still don't see a need for a campfire during these hot spells.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

There are ZERO active fires in the northwest fire zone! Only 2 in the coastal fire zone. The rest are more active.

20 in the Prince George fire zone;
20 in the Kamloops fire zone;
30 in the southeast fire zone;
59 in the Cariboo fire zone.

FRIEZE.jpg
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”