Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

Post by ferri »

*We're getting close to making this personal. Don't.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Yay, armoured trucks, along side billions in arms.

What does any one have to worry about Hamas having non armed armoured trucks?

Keep it coming lol
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Yes, we are deceived. Not necessarily by politicians but by power. Something people don't understand and blame the lowest on the ladder.

Naive are some, however dispelled by 7,000 years of written recorded history on stone, paint, parchment and paper; arguably the greatest work of human kind. The written word.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

What_the wrote:Yes, we are deceived. Not necessarily by politicians but by power. Something people don't understand and blame the lowest on the ladder.

Naive are some, however dispelled by 7,000 years of written recorded history on stone, paint, parchment and paper; arguably the greatest work of human kind. The written word.

Since you've brought up language and written words (or laws), I find it an interesting point.

We're so worried about labels today. What "gender" means. People claim almost daily, that language adapts. Things change. Just because we've done something for dozens or hundreds of years, doesn't mean it's right anymore. Or applicable to today's world.

Interesting take... if we apply that same logic to the Khadr situation.

Maybe the Charter is wrong. Maybe how we view the Rights and Freedoms of people should be changed. I mean, if gender and other historical constructs are now wrong... maybe we need to adapt our views on "Canadians" who do terrible things. I mean, things change over time right?

Let's get rid of this archaic notion that all people are equal and terrorists are still Canadians.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

fvkasm2x wrote:

Maybe the Charter is wrong. Maybe how we view the Rights and Freedoms of people should be changed. I mean, if gender and other historical constructs are now wrong... maybe we need to adapt our views on "Canadians" who do terrible things. I mean, things change over time right?

Let's get rid of this archaic notion that all people are equal and terrorists are still Canadians.

Very well said.
Not afraid to say "It".
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

I, for one, would really like to hear the real story of what is going on in Afghanistan. All we hear is what the Russians and the Syrian government is doing. I can't help but wonder if part of the settlement was hush money!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fvkasm2x wrote:

Note the silence after this statement. Is it fear? Is it just that people don't want to poke the bear? The Supreme Court has been making really stupid decisions (mostly left-leaning) for some time now, so the Leftists are happy, as stupid decisions make them happy. Khadr and the BCTF come to mind. Every time, their bad decisions cost taxpayers a lot of money. These are unelected human beings, making judgement calls that cost real money. Are they correct decisions? We aren't supposed to even discuss that. We are supposed to be blind automatons who don't question bad decisions. The decision is the decision. A traitorous terrorist had his "Charter Rights" affected, so we have to pay him money. Don't even think about the stupidity of this situation, and why it makes no sense. Just pay, and shut up.

No, it's time to start looking at reforms. The "Charter" is not sacred. It's a document just like any other, just like the US Constitution. Look at how many amendments they've had. Same with this "Charter", which obviously failed the Canadian people horribly in this situation.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm not afraid to agree with fvk in the least. Given that it's four days after the fact of his post I got to read his post makes no difference whatsoever.

We accept that US Constitution is a living document, as in, re-writable under the right conditions, then what is to hold back the Canadian Constitution from also being a "living document?"

Like fvk has pointed out, "nothing."

Perhaps someone needs to start the process to expressly explore the language of the Constitution to find a way to add language which will implicitly prevent excessively long periods of time to go by before Canadian rights are trampled upon. Prevent Supreme Court decisions from being precedent over settlements like Omars and prevent our future being dictated by corrupt lawyers taking advantage of the generous Canadian nature.

Close the door.

I have no problem with fvk's proposal and in fact over the years have said to him that he broaches delicate and thorny topics with the best diplomatic parsing I've read.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Deean wrote:I, for one, would really like to hear the real story of what is going on in Afghanistan. All we hear is what the Russians and the Syrian government is doing. I can't help but wonder if part of the settlement was hush money!

This is what I think has happened.

The drug trade proved so lucrative that first the Russians tried to wrest it from the locals, and failed.
The Taliban rose up and tried to run it but in the mean time American army geologists have found trillions of dollars of rare earth minerals in Afghanistan AND the Global Elite discovered how lucrative the drug trade can be, all at the same time. Hence the American invasion. It's not over oil this time.

There are very old threads here outlining all of this.

Here's a link to rare earth minerals in Afghanistan

https://www.livescience.com/47682-rare- ... istan.html
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:
Deean wrote:I, for one, would really like to hear the real story of what is going on in Afghanistan. All we hear is what the Russians and the Syrian government is doing. I can't help but wonder if part of the settlement was hush money!

This is what I think has happened.

The drug trade proved so lucrative that first the Russians tried to wrest it from the locals, and failed.
The Taliban rose up and tried to run it but in the mean time American army geologists have found trillions of dollars of rare earth minerals in Afghanistan AND the Global Elite discovered how lucrative the drug trade can be, all at the same time. Hence the American invasion. It's not over oil this time.

There are very old threads here outlining all of this.

Here's a link to rare earth minerals in Afghanistan

https://www.livescience.com/47682-rare- ... istan.html

Taliban killed off the opium . We brought it back . True story . It's all part of the big plan
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdu ... story.html

JFlem, the Taliban were warehousing hashish for sale to fund their weapon supplies. The US wanted the action, or someone did and used the military, US and Canadian, to go in and get it. No one went in there for humanitarian reasons.

I truly believe we are fed so many lies that it's difficult to know where it ends.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

logicalview wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:

Very well said.

Perhaps. But if a singular individual Is going to judge, perhaps the written word or codified law is on the side of reasonable doubt. That in my mind the way the charter I'd written.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

fvkasm2x wrote:
stuphoto wrote:If he would have been given a fair trial in the first place it would have never gotten this far.
Not to mention no one would have ever heard his name mentioned on the news, and no payout would have happened.
So you can't balame him or Justin.

If I was going to blame anyone it would be our former PM for just ignoring the situation as it was developing.

I can and do blame anyone and everyone involved in the decision to give him money. Whoever has decided this, should be ashamed.

Why wouldn't you ignore it? He's a terrorist that pled guilty to war crimes.

As a Canadian, we shouldn't be in the business of even entertaining garbage like this. We didn't make him join ISIS. We didn't make him do terrible things. We didn't send him to Guantanamo. We didn't torture him. We didn't make him plead guilty.

Yet we get to give him $10 million of our taxpayer money? Sounds legit
you do understand duress? Why that actually means something to law abiding freedom loving Canadians?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

fvkasm2x wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:
was he though?

Of course. To think they didn't do that to captured terrorists during that time frame is naive. The level of torture is debatable, but I am sure it happened.

Ahh, so his confession is worthless and isnt a ",convicted terrorist".
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

He was an indoctrinated child soldier in an active combat zone. Even if he did throw the grenade that killed the US medic, that’s what happens in combat zones. War sucks. Using a child as a scapegoat for a war casualty is pathetic. Denying him his rights as a Canadian citizen and the government turning its back on him so he could be tortured (while still a child) is abhorrent. Trying to justify support of such a travesty by trying to label the child a “terrorist” is pitiful and weak. So stupid.

Return to “Canada”