Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ka-El wrote:He was an indoctrinated child soldier in an active combat zone. Even if he did throw the grenade that killed the US medic, that’s what happens in combat zones. War sucks. Using a child as a scapegoat for a war casualty is pathetic. Denying him his rights as a Canadian citizen and the government turning its back on him so he could be tortured (while still a child) is abhorrent. Trying to justify support of such a travesty by trying to label the child a “terrorist” is pitiful and weak. So stupid.

I was more or less ok with Khadr until JT paid him . Now I hope something happens and the money goes to the widow . No way we should pay him . Not my fault his dad made him a child soldier
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jflem1983 wrote: I was more or less ok with Khadr until JT paid him .

I can agree the payout was outrageous. It is unfortunate that previous governments put the current one in that position.
Not even government is above our laws and Charter of Rights and Freedoms. We all pay for such arrogance.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote: It is unfortunate that previous governments put the current one in that position.

Did they though? Do we really know everything in this situation?

Not even government is above our laws and Charter of Rights and Freedoms..

I think we "all pay" when blind allegiance is paid to a document that didn't contemplate traitorous terrorists fighting against their own country and killing our allies. If a Canadian had gone and fought for the Japanese and killed Americans on Okinawa in WW2, and then been detained by the Americans after being nursed to health, would he have been given $10 million by the government of Canada in 1955? Of course not. Waving the Charter around and using it as a sanctimonious cudgel serves no one in these situation, and just seems to be grist for the leftist guilt-mongering mill.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and that's the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: If a Canadian had gone and fought for the Japanese and killed Americans on Okinawa in WW2, and then been detained by the Americans after being nursed to health, would he have been given $10 million by the government of Canada in 1955? Of course not.

No, of course not. However, had a 13 year old child been abducted by his Japanese father, taken from the country of his birth and indoctrinated to fight in an active combat zone, and then captured as a child soldier at age 15, he would not have been treated as a war criminal - for more than a decade after the end of the war. Calling him a terrorist? That’s just desperate. Like all extremists though, your view will remain rigid and unwavering – and that’s the truth. Cheers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow anything to enable these muslim terrorists---wow--
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-202944-4-.htm#202944

Looks like someone else will be getting a huge payout.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Sparki55 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-202944-4-.htm#202944

Looks like someone else will be getting a huge payout.

Where's the little alien . Who is gonna defend the poor Nazi war criminal
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no one he is not a muslim
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

off topic, don't make it personal
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 28th, 2017, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote:wow anything to enable these muslim terrorists---wow--

:135: Wow. I know that (deliberately?) misrepresenting what other posters state is a popular strategy on these boards. However, I have always strongly and consistently spoken out against the threat of Islamic extremism (and all forms of extremism) and terrorism on multiple threads. This does not mean I have to be so prejudicially biased as to presume an indoctrinated child is a radical extremist just to serve some intemperate ideological agenda, nor so naïve as to suggest that trying to differentiate this child soldier from a war criminal is somehow enabling terrorism. Wow! Definitely enough time spent with this thread.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bye,bye :130:
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Trudeau and Butts are now looking for a fall guy to take the attention away from their disgusting reward to a convicted terrorist.

Are those two arseclowns actually thinking this will vilify some government employee and lessen the heat for them?

Shameful.

PCO confirms investigation into Omar Khadr leak

By Monique Scotti National Online Journalist, Politics Global News

The Privy Council Office says it has launched an investigation into who leaked confidential information about settlement money paid to former Guantanamo Bay inmate Omar Khadr.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3709390/omar- ... stigation/
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Rwede, thanks for posting this link.

It takes many pairs of eyes to keep watch on this slippery, conniving, untrustworthy excuse of a PM. I know we "get the government we deserve" so voters perhaps can learn something from the never ending slashes to the throat the Liberals have inflicted on Canada.

WHY was the payout of 10.5 million to be a secret?

1. Tator Tot KNEW he was doing wrong.
2. He KNEW Canadians and USA would be outraged.
3. He KNEW he was sneekily setting precedent.

So, the truth of the matter has been revealed and now he's on a witch hunt to find the person who leaked (informed) us of this travesty.

As one of the posters in the link said, "if that person's identity is revealed he/she will be seen as a hero and will be crowd funded with enthusiasm". I can't help wishing there were more like him/her.

Will the next election never come???

:-X
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote: It is unfortunate that previous governments put the current one in that position.

Did they though? Do we really know everything in this situation?

Not even government is above our laws and Charter of Rights and Freedoms..

I think we "all pay" when blind allegiance is paid to a document that didn't contemplate traitorous terrorists fighting against their own country and killing our allies. If a Canadian had gone and fought for the Japanese and killed Americans on Okinawa in WW2, and then been detained by the Americans after being nursed to health, would he have been given $10 million by the government of Canada in 1955? Of course not. Waving the Charter around and using it as a sanctimonious cudgel serves no one in these situation, and just seems to be grist for the leftist guilt-mongering mill.
soooo factually diengenuous. Three letter acronym- FLQ
Charter came after our own gotten grown extremists.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8

Return to “Canada”