Cashless society... you in?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
bold

Re: Cashless society... you in?

Post by bold »

In the eyes of a few cashless society controls ALL, a few mere incentives including more profit for cashless transactions but mostly control.

We are sold the dream in large neon print about the pro's, this will help stop the criminals and corruption and that's fine. Then the small prints reads this>>>>....... Bank bail IN's, more data mining, loss of freedoms, privacy to the point of looking up your pets anus just to be on the safe side, for your protection of course :up:

People lap it up with the tap and go, pay with your phone convenience, online banking. One day people will wish for the responsibility/inconvenience of handling your own cash/shekel (not that it really has any value) Nothings to rule out, especially with debates on implanting micro chips into children, elderly, disabled and criminals these days.

What happens when your Gov slowly moves to dictatorial ship stance on the masses, you fail to comply your chip is turned off. pooooofff, no food and water for you until compliance.

Maybe over reaction but just thinking outside the box here, you have to! All walks of life, including known terrorists are being forced upon our western shores, one day gov has a great solution to keep track of them all, we are told we need to chip them but it's discriminating if we do not chip all. Maybe siding onto conspiracy here, but these days you have to realise nothing is impossible, truth is stranger than fiction. Look up some prophecy's for fun.

Cashless society utopia is coming to all whether you like it or not, unless all put up a good fight against this, trouble is most people wont due to fact most listen to what media tells them to think.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 1st, 2017, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
bold

Post by bold »

Oh gross.... Yes unfortunately, providing it's a consensual "cashless transaction". Example....

Exhibition A) The cashless receiver receives vegies grown in the givers garden as payment. Providing the giver has the goods to give other than the "cashless transaction" that's being given.

Exhibition B) Mrs. jones needs her teeth whitening, oh and a filling. She agreed to re-pay her Dentist with her goods in return.

There's plenty of people whom prefer to use their other organs as a thought entity rather than their brain, whom cant control their urges.

The bargaining of exchanging of goods between two people to avoid electronic transaction have been addressed/planned decades ago and fine tuned. It will be permitted, but with compliance of declaration for taxation. There are lots of articles to read, some too doomy, over reaction we are all going to die types and other articles with a balanced non doomy over view. Bill Gates for one had the words come right out of his mouth regarding how bartering goods would be taxed.

How it would ever be enforced I do not know, that's a lot of spying on people. Unless you turn communist and every one is scared of their own shadow. My In-laws lived in Czechoslovakia when the Russians took control decades ago, lots of people would out each other for anything and everything.

India is a test with going cashless. If you can pull it off on a country where half do not even have a bank account, you can pull it off in most countries with people actually begging for it.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

oops, never mind this post, looks like I accidentally wandered into the Conspiracy sub.
Your bias suits you.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 1st, 2017, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

There is no try.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Doesn't stop criminals from using bitcoin does it?

Only do.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No, but if Visa succeeds in convincing food services businesses from giving their customers choice, perhaps there will be a rebellion?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Hermes
Fledgling

why I prefer cash

Post by Hermes »

1. I spend less when I use cash - currency, bank notes. Debit cards are too much like credit cards.

2. My financial transactions are more private. Not anonymous, but more private

3. I feel that I am resisting the worst of Big Brother doing so

4. Banks fail, ATMs fail, bank card numbers get stolen. S*&t happens

5. When and if currency starts being tracked I will start using silver

Of course, banknotes are not real but manufactured digitally, but at least I can hold them. In Hong Kong at least they are honest enough to have the imprimteur of HSBC and Standard and Chartered etc on the plastic paper.

Our money supply is provided due to interest paid to private banks. It is not simply printed by Bank of Canada, making it doubly worse with national debt.

I would go back to barter except for the cumbersomeness.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Your bias suits you.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203048

New trend. To me, this is frightening. To take away choice.
I would avoid cashless stores at all costs if possible for as long as possible.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I question the legality of a business suggesting they do not accept legal Canadian physical tender while operating in Canada.

Edit. A quick google say its legal. Bleh I don't agree.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I dont' agree either. Vehemently disagree.
What next, implants in the hands?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Queen K wrote:I dont' agree either. Vehemently disagree.
What next, implants in the hands?

The to keep up Queenie, it's already here. :D

https://news.virginia.edu/content/cool- ... s-are-here

Return to “Social Concerns”