Disappointing Dinner out with friends.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Disappointing Dinner out with friends.

Post by Queen K »

Was at the Peacock Perch last night. I ordered the Yorkshire Beef dish. The first one came to the table charred beyond edible value. Why even bring it to the table? They replaced it with a really really good one with extra vegetables and potatoe and now we've got a whole dinner planned around what I took home.

Everyone's food was really good, not one complaint otherwise.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Have yet to try it but friends in Penticton go all the time and "rave" about the food/service.
The Hitching Post in Hedley. Anyone been?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Hitching Post was for sale last time we were there two years ago. When we tried it four years ago it was good. No complaints. Is it even still open? I'd stop in again. Two years ago we were just driving around Hedley and didn't go in.
Last edited by Queen K on Aug 1st, 2017, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Yes it's still open and reservations are highly reccommended so I'm told
Caberry98

Post by Caberry98 »

Sorry to hear about this bad experience with your friend dear. Next time better luck. :)
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

I would normally agree with the restaurant food but I'm in Croatia right now and restaurant food is sub par and 'traditional ' which is much different than what I grew up with. We have all been unwell after each meal and now I'm cooking all the meals in the little apartment we have rented. Hard to even get beef here, everything is pork or half pork and half beef. Grrrrrrr
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

In other words, how lucky we have it in Canada. :130:
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Definitely!! Unless you like cold octopus salads and fish soups with full shrimp cooked, face and body intact. Or Keats that are mystery meats with bechamel sauces covering the entire plate. Lol...
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

perspicacious wrote:Definitely!! Unless you like cold octopus salads and fish soups with full shrimp cooked, face and body intact. Or Keats that are mystery meats with bechamel sauces covering the entire plate. Lol...

No wonder your lips are puckered! :D
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Queen K wrote:We were driving home from the beach and decided to do a bit of both, pick up a few groceries and A&W burgers. The burgers and corn chips and dip with milk were great. At home, Riverdale on netflix. Don't regret skipping the fries either.

I also skip the fries (everywhere for me though, not a fan) but I make a semi-exception at A&W because their onion rings are solid.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We have a coupon for onion rings and a free Root Beer to go with them. Gonna use it tomorrow. :biggrin:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The last couple of times we have ordered Onion Rings at A&W we have been disappointed. Too much spice put on them.

The Burgers are good though. Mrs Suds prefers McFries (by the time we get home they are cold and yuk) so we end up going to two diff places.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:The last couple of times we have ordered Onion Rings at A&W we have been disappointed. Too much spice put on them.

The Burgers are good though. Mrs Suds prefers McFries (by the time we get home they are cold and yuk) so we end up going to two diff places.

2 location in Kelowna that they are side by side (meaning A&W and McDonalds), since I do reasonable amount of driving around the city.

1) across from Orchard park Mall
2) in the Mission (there is pub between them)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:We have a coupon for onion rings and a free Root Beer to go with them. Gonna use it tomorrow. :biggrin:

I had one of those for a free Root Beer used it.

I remember my parents as a treat pick up a gallon at Vernon A&W, just clean glass gallon return it for a refund.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:2) in the Mission (there is pub between them)

We are not far from here and those are the 2 we use when picking up. The fries are warm at best when we get home. (6 blocks)
McFries are too small to hold the heat for very long.
Could always set up the deep fryer if I knew in advance that was what we were going to do. A few seconds and they would be good to go.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”