Ashcroft (Elephant Hill)

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: Ashcroft (Elephant Hill)

Post by tsayta »

Looks like the fire moved south east back towards hwy 1 overnight. Towards walachin
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tsayta wrote:Looks like the fire moved south east back towards hwy 1 overnight. Towards walachin

Yup, lots of growth overnight. It looks like the fire has grown 5 km overnight so that it's out of the trees into the sage brush.

In other news, the Chezacut fire up in the Cariboo grew by over 25km overnight. Must have been some strong winds.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Whoa! Big winds between Clinton and Kamloops right now. Hold on to your hats!
WW
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

its moved down hwy 99 pretty good last night too
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire is inching toward 100,000 hectares. It will get there by the end of the weekend by all likelihood. This will mean for the first time in recorded history there will be 2 fires over 100,000 hectares. We could even see a 3rd if the Tautri fire gets big but not so big that it merges with the Hanceville Riske Creek fire.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

fire has to be over 100,000 now. skeetchestn just evacuated.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://tnrd.ca/content/elephant-hill-fire

looks like savana and out by tranquille valley being evaquated now . tnrd has declared local state of emergency now
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Lots of evacuations and alerts added as of 7pm this evening. Sounds like this thing really exploded today. I have family in pavilion and Savona and they are both being affected by the same fire over 100km from eachother!
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

zerograv wrote:Lots of evacuations and alerts added as of 7pm this evening. Sounds like this thing really exploded today. I have family in pavilion and Savona and they are both being affected by the same fire over 100km from eachother!

Feeling that. Parents just called. On alert on copper Creek road
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh God, there's little enough in there. Ever drive up to Split Rock Tsayta? It's barren, sparsely treed and dead dry.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Queen K wrote:Oh God, there's little enough in there. Ever drive up to Split Rock Tsayta? It's barren, sparsely treed and dead dry.

I've only ever accessed from tranquile or Savona. Never Deadman. I was in grade 7 when my dad bought that property. He taught me everything I know about anything. Started there
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Here it is

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203544

:cry: A year ago we made a point of finding Deadman Falls up there. It's so beautiful up there you would not believe it and now it's all in jeopardy.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Queen K wrote:Oh God, there's little enough in there. Ever drive up to Split Rock Tsayta? It's barren, sparsely treed and dead dry.

i never been but sounds like place check out when safe
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

maryjane48 wrote:http://tnrd.ca/content/elephant-hill-fire

looks like savana and out by tranquille valley being evaquated now . tnrd has declared local state of emergency now

Savona isn't even on alert as far as I understand
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

zerograv wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:http://tnrd.ca/content/elephant-hill-fire

Savona isn't even on alert as far as I understand

Looks like it is. Check out the map on QKs link
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”