150 asylum requests a day

LolaB

150 asylum requests a day

Post by LolaB »

This ASYLUM request scenario is getting way out of hand. So now Haiti people are crossing here and we should simply keep giving everything to them. Do Canadians know that the Haiti received BILLIONS of dollars to rebuild after the tsunami but we are such idiots and won't send them back.... WHY? Their country is perfectly livable and by any means such a small part of a land could have been totally torn down and rebuilt with those billions of dollars. Tropical places do not need skyscrapers or shopping malls, infrastructure and luxurious 5 bedroom 4 bathroom homes..... WHERE THE HECK all the money went? Research and see how Canadian and American "samaritans" with quickly established charities are getting richer and richer of being charitable.... I WOULD NEVER GIVE A PENNY to such a rip of situation.
Haitians are very safe to go home so what we are talking about - ASYLUM???? Just because they decided they like it here better and will rip off our citizens, our taxes, our future. PATHETIC SITUATION and stupid Trudeau keeps allowing it so he looks good front of the world. SHEESH CANADA - don't fall for that - THINK!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: 150 asylum requests a day

Post by the truth »

exactly, plus you enter a country legally or--------not--- at all imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Who the :cuss: wants to live in Haiti?, It's a dump.
Read about it, clearly you have internet access.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

trump likes our immagration system and wants us to be more like ours :130:
LolaB

Post by LolaB »

jimmy4321 wrote:Who the :cuss: wants to live in Haiti?, It's a dump.
Read about it, clearly you have internet access.

I know lots about Haiti - been in Dominican Republic, Haitian village.... How about those billions we are sending them????? You should research not I. If the billions did not improve tiny nation's lives then why the heck we are spending our tax money even further. We should just have levelled their part of island and take them all in just because "they do not like it there"...
Think before you reply please.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

it had to do with a earthquake and the way the money got handed out we couldnt direct how it got spent . if you have been there then you should know what great folks they are and not have problems with them :130:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

LolaB wrote:
I know lots about Haiti - been in Dominican Republic, Haitian village.... How about those billions we are sending them????? You should research not I. If the billions did not improve tiny nation's lives then why the heck we are spending our tax money even further. We should just have levelled their part of island and take them all in just because "they do not like it there"...
Think before you reply please.

So is it that your threatened by Haitians looking for a better life than the crap hole country they're from? Which is one of the most corrupt in existance as you should know?
Or strictly about the money?

Feel free to keep reading on the country and please think before you respond
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Either way i don't care. They are entering the country illegally. They should be sent home immediately and be made to enter the country like anyone else. till they do that I disagree 100% with what they are doing. There are lots of people following the rules that are being forced to wait why should they get special treatment just because they break our laws. That is not the way you start a new life.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

correct, why take anyone in when they have already shown they are willing to break are laws
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Trump says that he will lift the temporary asylum in 6 months. We know that Trump says stuff and never follows though, so chances are high it will be extended again after that. I wonder if these Haitians know that Canada lifted our temporary asylum a couple years ago. Therefore, most of them are likely to get deported back to Haiti.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

Perhaps they won the August 2 Express Entry Draw! Found this one when I googled "changes to Canadian Immigration in the last two years".
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Haiti is a dangerous and desperate country. It was a desperate and tragic place the hurricane and is even worse after.

It has fallen into desperation with crime, kidnapping, unstable government etc.

Just because someone applies for asylum, doesn't mean they get it, it's just another way we have to enter into this country and the application is what it is, an application (not a guaranteed admission). It is however a way to shelter them in the immediate until the vetting process is initiated.

Compared to countries which are adjacent to desperate neighbouring countries, we have been relatively immune to large influx of asylum seekers. The fact that desperate Caribs are having to bypass their closest logical neighbour because of Trump's orders, they are making their way here. Quebec has for many years had a large Haitian community and it's a logical place for them because they already have a command of the common-language.

We should be grateful we come from a country as fortunate as we are, and I believe we should continue to do our part as a compassionate host.

** I added this in, after I posted: Entering the country by asking for asylum isn't illegal, it's just another process that exists as a legal option. Sneaking in and not registering in anyway is the illegal part.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

if haitians where white none these folks complaing would be complaining :smt045
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

Clinton foundation ?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:

** I added this in, after I posted: Entering the country by asking for asylum isn't illegal, it's just another process that exists as a legal option. Sneaking in and not registering in anyway is the illegal part.

If it's not illegal why are they arrested as they come across. I believe you can come to a proper border crossing, but will almost always be turned away so they take the I believe illegal method crossing at an illegal crossing.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “Canada”