Addicted to carbs, what worked for you?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Addicted to carbs, what worked for you?

Post by Silverstarqueen »

This OP said they want to "build muscle". You can't build muscle out of water and cucumber or by fasting. it takes exercise, plus energy, plus protein to build muscle.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Have 20 grams of protein within 30 minutes before a work out and the same within 30 minutes after along with an apple or some other fruit. I have been going to the gym for ten years and it was not until I started the protein before the workout that I started putting muscle on. I have put on about 15kg in two years.

Then when you want to trim down, do the fasting for 12-15 hours a day.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

hard to do but fasting 12-15hrs a day is the best thing for the body for many reasons,i try to fast from 7pm to 7am
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Look at the chart and it will help you lose weight. No more than 20 grams of carbs in a day.
Attachments
macro.jpg
saracute

Post by saracute »

This is from my personal experience. I too faced the same problem when one of my friend asked me o go on a high protein diet. I started it, but it used to make me more hungry and I could not resist having more carbs. Instead of resisting I now home gym. I have bought a spin bike and some weights. I cannot guarantee that what worked for me would work for you, but you should try once. Either go a gym or bring some equipment for home gym. Exercising will help you stay motivated to eat healthy. Don't go for treadmills because bike/an article on Livestrong recommends that Spin bikes are better for burning calories.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/14056 ... l-vs-bike/

Here it is explained why spin bikes are better than elliptical machines and treadmills for losing calories. Here you can refer the review of different spin bikes to make it easier for you to make your purchase: https://healthoclock.net/best-spin-bikes/

Also, there is a higher chances of an injury on treadmills. Thousand of people every year face a certain kind of injury which requires an expert attention: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... /26898487/

Exercising really helps to control such eating disorders. You must try it at least for a month.
saracute

Post by saracute »

Also, one thing I forgot to mention is that eat tomatoes or carrots or any other vegetables when you get such carvings. It will definitely help.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

mexi cali wrote:I love beer so what do you drink your vodka with and how does it compare chemically?

Ice and bit of olive juice. Or just a dry martini way less calories but static is right gotta watch intake. Oh especially if low carb or in ketosis because alcohol tolerance tends to be much lower... :130:
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I bought a spiralizer and made zoodles for dinner tonight. Second time we've had them, and the family enjoyed them. I am definitely in carb withdrawal though

:panic:
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Health”