Electrician - new outlet with ground needed

Business and professional recommendations.
Jlabute
Guru

Electrician - new outlet with ground needed

Post by Jlabute »

Hi guys,

The living room in my oooold home was the only room without ground wires on the electrical outlets. Well, I like to have at least one outlet with a ground. Thankfully, the area where I need the power receptacle is a floor exactly above the electrical panel if that helps. Any good electricians available or recommendations for one? :-)
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Electrician - new outlet with ground needed

Post by Queen K »

I just PMed a friend here who is married to an electrician. :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Thanks Queeniekins :-)
I phoned about three electricians last week. Not sure if they were too busy or not, but they didnt call back when they say they would, lol.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That's ContractorWorld for you. Everyone is hustling for a buck and no one has time to call back when presented with a new gig.
:up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Horizon gave a visit. Very professional and good advice. In order for me to implement a grounded plug I'd have to run a jacketed cable up stairs. It'd be ugly, messy, all for the purpose of having a surge protector operate correctly. The easier solution looks to be a surge suppressor for the whole house connected at the electrical panel.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ahhh electrical, never what we think it's going to be.

Did you pick the latter choice and get 'er done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Yup, horizon will come back and install it :-) I wasn't aware a whole house surge protector was an option, and good to 150kA too typically.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Surge protector installed. Horizon are good guys, and they did a good job. Very tough getting the punch out pushed out of my old 1947 panel... took 10 minutes of pounding, lol. Siemens 100KA installed and works great (I hope).

Return to “Referrals”