Selling Firewood when there is a Ban!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Re: Selling Firewood when there is a Ban!

Post by StraitTalk »

I'd suggest it's a bit irresponsible to advertise you're selling campfire wood when it's completely dangerous and irresponsible to burn it - regardless what the law says. People in here comparing it to other laws... it's not about the law, it's about misleading people into thinking it's okay to burn it. The same who are dumb enough to have a fire right now are the same to see a sign like that and think it's all kosher. Nobody is buying wood to heat their homes from the gas station....
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

StraitTalk wrote:I'd suggest it's a bit irresponsible to advertise you're selling campfire wood when it's completely dangerous and irresponsible to burn it - regardless what the law says. People in here comparing it to other laws... it's not about the law, it's about misleading people into thinking it's okay to burn it. The same who are dumb enough to have a fire right now are the same to see a sign like that and think it's all kosher. Nobody is buying wood to heat their homes from the gas station....

actually we stayed in an AirBNB with wood stove. since we were only going a couple nights we absolutely bought from the gas station
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

StraitTalk wrote:I'd suggest it's a bit irresponsible to advertise you're selling campfire wood when it's completely dangerous and irresponsible to burn it - regardless what the law says. People in here comparing it to other laws... it's not about the law, it's about misleading people into thinking it's okay to burn it. The same who are dumb enough to have a fire right now are the same to see a sign like that and think it's all kosher. Nobody is buying wood to heat their homes from the gas station....

gman313 wrote:actually we stayed in an AirBNB with wood stove. since we were only going a couple nights we absolutely bought from the gas station

Was that wood stove for cooking or for heat. If for heat, how high up in back country were you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

just to cook once

Return to “Social Concerns”