Climate Change Already Here

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
KenL

Climate Change Already Here

Post by KenL »

I have to wonder how much longer the media can keep pushing this dying horse instead of providing the real truth.

- In Australia employees of the national weather office have been caught tampering with cold weather temperature numbers in attempts to make the current temperature changes seem more severe.
- Al Gore's latest climate doom movie launched August 4, and it is clearly and inconvenient bomb at the box office. People are tired of the BS.
- The real story is available if you care to know. Anthony Watts has a great site titled "Watts up with that". No BS and both sides of the discussion are fairly represented and considered.
- Scattered tidbits of purposeful misinformation should not be gathered and considered as knowledge.

I find it interesting that the message over the past forty years has changed from “A new ice age possible” to alarms of “Global warming” and abruptly to the more malleable term “Climate change.”

Thankfully we’re all capable of learning, if we so choose. In fact, we are fortunate to be in a very benign climactic period right now. We are merely experiencing “Climate cycling”, and we always will.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Climate Change Already Here

Post by Poindexter »

So a former NRL player who himself claims to be mentally ill is your go to man for climate science. :laugh:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.goldcoa ... 8acaab196d
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

KenL wrote:I have to wonder how much longer the media can keep pushing this dying horse instead of providing the real truth.

- In Australia employees of the national weather office have been caught tampering with cold weather temperature numbers in attempts to make the current temperature changes seem more severe.
- Al Gore's latest climate doom movie launched August 4, and it is clearly and inconvenient bomb at the box office. People are tired of the BS.
- The real story is available if you care to know. Anthony Watts has a great site titled "Watts up with that". No BS and both sides of the discussion are fairly represented and considered.
- Scattered tidbits of purposeful misinformation should not be gathered and considered as knowledge.

I find it interesting that the message over the past forty years has changed from “A new ice age possible” to alarms of “Global warming” and abruptly to the more malleable term “Climate change.”

Thankfully we’re all capable of learning, if we so choose. In fact, we are fortunate to be in a very benign climactic period right now. We are merely experiencing “Climate cycling”, and we always will.

Ken - thanks for posting this. The usual warmist cultist science deniers will step in here and lie about how 97% of the world's climate scientists disagree with you. Or "a planet full of scientists" - that's another good one. Basically they will say or do anything to keep the rivers of government money flowing towards non-solutions to an imaginary problem. Meanwhile, all of that money could be going to actual useful endeavors like space travel or curing deadly diseases. But instead its being wasted on alarmist garbage and junk science. Continue to fight the good fight my friend.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

KenL wrote:I have to wonder how much longer the media can keep pushing this dying horse instead of providing the real truth.

the report to the american govt draft has been released . i suggest reading it .
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I actually don't think we are all capable of learning astrophysics, chemical engineering or climate science for that matter. I wouldn't want you running a nuclear power plant anymore than I want your "opinion" on climate change. That's because it's not as easy as reading a bone head fom Australia who thinks he solved the science through skepticism.

For example, read this study and tell me if you understand it.

Influence of Anthropogenic Climate Change on Planetary Wave Resonance and Extreme Weather Events

Persistent episodes of extreme weather in the Northern Hemisphere summer have been shown to be associated with the presence of high-amplitude quasi-stationary atmospheric Rossby waves within a particular wavelength range (zonal wavenumber 6–8). The underlying mechanistic relationship involves the phenomenon of quasi-resonant amplification (QRA) of synoptic-scale waves with that wavenumber range becoming trapped within an effective mid-latitude atmospheric waveguide.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature ... -stuck.htm

Now keep in mind this is dumbed down to explain how things work. I'm still pretty certain it's well over your head as well as mine. That's why we have professionals in these fields, so bozo's like ourselves aren't the ones interpreting the numbers. Time to start listening to them and tuning out morons like the Anthony Watts who may know how to form a scrum but when it comes to climate science is the last person you should listening to.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Sure you have the correct Anthony Watts?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Lol. My bad, wrong Anthony Watts.

Didnt take much effort however to discredit him either.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/climatecroc ... n-pbs/amp/
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Climate cycling is the Creators system.

Climate change is the Geo-engineers system.

Human beings with the resources and technology have been manipulating our weather system for a minimum of the past two decades.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

The Green Barbarian wrote:

Ken - thanks for posting this. The usual warmist cultist science deniers will step in here and lie about how 97% of the world's climate scientists disagree with you. Or "a planet full of scientists" - that's another good one. Basically they will say or do anything to keep the rivers of government money flowing towards non-solutions to an imaginary problem. Meanwhile, all of that money could be going to actual useful endeavors like space travel or curing deadly diseases. But instead its being wasted on alarmist garbage and junk science. Continue to fight the good fight my friend.

The money is not wasted, by means of climate change the governments will now charge each one of us carbon tax, in BC we had Bob Spiers, a Vernon MP create a petition to stop federal tax on top of the provincial carbon tax, it was a lose for BC tax payers who signed the petition as I did.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/202323/Tax-on-a-tax-remains

Climate change and the money spent is an agenda, not to serve you or your family, myself or my family, wildlife, our ecosystem, or better health to individuals and the planet.

Climate change and the money spent are to serve those already in power, those who have created climate change through altering our weather by use of geo-engineering to achieve greater power over above mentioned others.

Believe it or don't. Eventually everyone will know that what I speak is fact.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Influence of Anthropogenic Climate Change on Planetary Wave Resonance and Extreme Weather Events

Persistent episodes of extreme weather in the Northern Hemisphere summer have been shown to be associated with the presence of high-amplitude quasi-stationary atmospheric Rossby waves within a particular wavelength range (zonal wavenumber 6–8). The underlying mechanistic relationship involves the phenomenon of quasi-resonant amplification (QRA) of synoptic-scale waves with that wavenumber range becoming trapped within an effective mid-latitude atmospheric waveguide.

Introducing HAARP - oh, its mother nature? Hmm.... describes more like HAARP
Because_They_Lie
Banned

I am of the mind that each of us can learn ANYTHING.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Really HAARP? is there a way to move these posts to conspiracy theory forum but leave the rest of the thread?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

KenL wrote:

Makes sense to call it "climate change", that way they can flip flop around depending on the flavour of the social trend :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Its kind of like many other social trends, as long as you can keep it flip flopping you can keep making fortunes. just ask Al gore.

Having said that I do believe there is climate change. What I question is whether or not we are a real cause or if it is just mother nature. I have never seen proof that has convinced me what percentage of the change is caused by man. I'm not sure if we quit producing carbon etc. completely that it would make a difference. I don't think we are helping but I'm also not sure we are really hurting to any extent in the grand scheme of things. Just my thoughts.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Smurf, you need only look at the rate. Yes the climate does go through natural cycles, but they occur on long timescales of tens of thousands of years. The rate of change we are seeing is occurring over centuries, if not decades. Far faster than nature can typically adapt. The only time in records (geologic, ice core, fossil etc) that we've seen changes occur at this rate have been during extinction events.

I'm earth's history, even a global population boom of algea has been sufficient to poison the planet and convert the earth's climate. Humans are just as capable.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”