Old Carl's Jr.

smoky500
Fledgling

Old Carl's Jr.

Post by smoky500 »

I see there has been some renovations going on in the old Carls Jr location. Any rumblings on whats's next for this location? With the Super 8 being renovated will be interesting to see how this affects this neighborhood.
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: old Carls Jr

Post by southy »

If I was a betting man I'd say STARBUCKS!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

smoky500 wrote:I see there has been some renovations going on in the old Carls Jr location. Any rumblings on whats's next for this location? With the Super 8 being renovated will be interesting to see how this affects this neighborhood.

Yep, just what the upcoming new residents of the Super 8 will frequent - a High End Starbucks? :bethecoffee: I wonder if Starbucks had any idea what was going on two doors to the South when they purchased that property.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

I'd figure it was going to be a safe injection site. They would get a lot of business.
Hopefully the new residents to the south of Starbucks won't be there spending my hard earned money. Even I don't go to Starbucks due to their overpriced java.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Hopefully another frozen yoghurt place! :laugh: :laugh:
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

XT225 wrote:Yep, just what the upcoming new residents of the Super 8 will frequent - a High End Starbucks? :bethecoffee: I wonder if Starbucks had any idea what was going on two doors to the South when they purchased that property.

I'm sure Starbucks will live. That's a pretty good corner location as it feeds the hospital and everyone going to the industrial area.

Personal attack Now that Super 8 is going to be used for low income housing should all the neighbouring businesses move? Burger King, McDonalds, White Spot, Earl's, Parker's, Husky, Value Village...I think you get the idea...all within a block.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 19th, 2017, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Old Carl's Jr.

Post by southy »

Personal attack
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 19th, 2017, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Yuppie hipster man-bun wearing shoulder bag toting scum, and none of them old enough to get into Tim Horton's. It's going to throw a wrench into the neighbourhood demographic. Somebody should do something.

/cheeky
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
ThePentictonOne

Post by ThePentictonOne »

Wrong poster quoted
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 20th, 2017, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong name attached to quote
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

fluffy wrote:Yuppie hipster man-bun wearing shoulder bag toting scum, and none of them old enough to get into Tim Horton's. It's going to throw a wrench into the neighbourhood demographic. Somebody should do something.

/cheeky

Oh geez...now that you put it that way, I guess we should be really concerned about a Starbucks going next to a subsidized housing complex.

Hipsters are the worst!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Will the seniors take over the new Starbucks all day?
They do not have discounts or free refills and I think you have to purchase a newspaper.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

fall wrote:Will the seniors take over the new Starbucks all day?
They do not have discounts or free refills and I think you have to purchase a newspaper.

So what is your issue with seniors? It's the Tm Hortons, Wendy's etc. that offered senior discounts it wasn't the seniors saying they were entitled to discounts. Add all the discounts up and you might .... well get a cup of coffee. When do you become a senior Fall? Wendy's consider a senior discount at age 60 so maybe you are close.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

fall wrote:Will the seniors take over the new Starbucks all day?

southy wrote:So what is your issue with seniors? It's the Tm Hortons, Wendy's etc. that offered senior discounts it wasn't the seniors saying they were entitled to discounts. Add all the discounts up and you might .... well get a cup of coffee. When do you become a senior Fall? Wendy's consider a senior discount at age 60 so maybe you are close.

Wendy's offers a senior discount at the tender age of 55.

Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers
Locations Nationwide

Business Description: Wendy's is an international chain of fast food restaurants founded by Dave Thomas in 1969 in Columbus, Ohio. The chain is known for its square ground beef hamburgers.

Discount: Most locations provide 10% off or a discounted drink price. Discount, age requirement, and participation may vary. Please call your local Wendy's for more information.
Age Requirement: 55+
Discount Restrictions: Not all restaurants may participate.

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Wendy's offers a senior discount at the tender age of 55.

Ya, the reward for just being old. Used to be the idea was to give cash compromised seniors on a pension a break. The current irony however is that seniors are the ones with the most ability to pay face price for the most part.
I would love to see a restaurant that instead offered 20% discounts to single moms with dead beat sperm donors with the presentation of court ordered support payment arrears papers.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”