Disappointing Dinner out with friends.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Disappointing Dinner out with friends.

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:2) in the Mission (there is pub between them)

Bsuds wrote:We are not far from here and those are the 2 we use when picking up. The fries are warm at best when we get home. (6 blocks)
McFries are too small to hold the heat for very long.
Could always set up the deep fryer if I knew in advance that was what we were going to do. A few seconds and they would be good to go.

maybe better off with a cookie sheet & few minutes in the oven
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

Why are they lasting long enough to even make it home? :biggrin:
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Speaking of that lower mission area...Urban Fare makes a fantastic bison burger and thick cut fries, you know the type that almost have that extra coating to make them super crispy on the outside. The burger has cheddar, pickled red onions, bacon...so good. Traveled well too when I brought it home once.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Always Sunny wrote:Speaking of that lower mission area...Urban Fare makes a fantastic bison burger and thick cut fries, you know the type that almost have that extra coating to make them super crispy on the outside. The burger has cheddar, pickled red onions, bacon...so good. Traveled well too when I brought it home once.

I suspect not cheap
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

GordonH wrote:
Always Sunny wrote:Speaking of that lower mission area...Urban Fare makes a fantastic bison burger and thick cut fries, you know the type that almost have that extra coating to make them super crispy on the outside. The burger has cheddar, pickled red onions, bacon...so good. Traveled well too when I brought it home once.

I suspect not cheap

Twelve bucks..no drink, but still a pretty good deal considering a quarter pounder meal is like $9 these days.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Eat at Red Robin a fair bit in Edmonton and found myself at the Kelowna one the other day. Have to say, me and my friend had two of the best burgers I have had in many years...it was so good, and fairly priced. I find many items on their menu has good value. Usually have the apple harvest chicken salad with poppy seed dressing....awesome. The burger I had was from the "gourmet" section and I believe it starts as a 1/2 lb home made patty. Try it, won't be disappointed... :130:

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”